Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Pee shyness in men

I have never suffered from this but have often thought about how troublesome it must be in certain situations. I was at a pub with a friend recently and we were about to leave, so I went for a pee. There was a group of men at the next table having a great time and from time to time one or other of them would head off to the gents, all very natural. One guy in particular was clearly in fairly desperate need at

Sorry, it sent by mistake. To continue: at more or less the time I went and he and one of the other men headed to the gents. I encountered both of them standing at a trough urinal. One was going but the other seemed to be in trouble unable to go. I decided to go and just leave them and maybe as the one who was going finished and the desperate one was left alone he was able to relieve himself, but I wondered what state he might get into afterwards if he had to come away having not relieved himself. In that situation how desperate do you get before need overcomes shyness and you are able to just let go? Has anyone out there ever pissed themself later because they had to pass up an opportunity to go when they really needed to? 

I was once watching a broadway show, and I really had to pee during intermission so I got up to go. But the line was long and when I finally got in I just couldn’t pee. So I went back to the show and ended up having to let a little go in my pants to keep from being in pain. I have gotten pee shy in bathrooms many other times but I have a strong bladder and can always hold it until I can have a private place to pee. 

I get pee shy a lot too. It a comment thing in guys. I dont like guys behind men when I going or start to go at a urinal. I like to use stall  in rest rooms. I had to go super bad baseball game years ago. I had to wait in line a long one and I cant go right away. I need to go bad on the bus that took us to the game but I went at home. This was holding during the game and I didnt jump to go. I have to relax my bladder and let it go it hard and not easy. I had it too needing to go bad on road trips stop at a gas station or food store and I cant go. I feel it but it wont come out of me. The mussels are tight and dont relax and let it go.   

I used to suffer from this when I was younger. 

One time on an evening out I was unable to pee despite having several beers. I spent the train ride home desperate but when I got off the train the cold night air hit me and I pissed myself. 

I overcame this pee shyness later, with some effort, and can pee anywhere now.

This used to happen to me a LOT around high school and collage age.  It only happened when I really had to go, and just couldn't convince my bladder to release unless I was totally alone.  Twice, on two different school trips in high school, I couldn't release and had to leave the bathroom without peeing, and I really, really thought I was going to end up peeing in my pants; but I didn't.

In a sense, omorashi is what cured me.  I credit a girl, let's call her Juliette, who I dated for a while in college.  One night we had one of those long, deep conversations, and started talking about peeing.  She told me some great stories about wetting her pants (by accident), and I mentioned that I sometimes got pee-shyness.  She had a theory that the reason I was pee shy was that I was afraid of peeing in my pants.  (She was right; I was terrified of it as a kid.)  I had already been experimenting a little with wetting  myself for pleasure, but hadn't really embraced it yet.  I definitely already knew that seeing a girl pee in her pants was an amazing turn on (That's another story, about my high school sweetheart.), so I kept the conversation going until eventually we both really needed to pee.

Essentially, she dared me to pee in my pants to test her theory about pee shyness, and I said I would only do it if she would too, so I "wouldn't be too embarrassed" (translation: I wanted to see her pee in her jeans!).  She agreed, and we both peed in our pants in front of each other.  (For a long time it was the only time another human being had seen me while I was actually wetting my pants.)  Then we did laundry together, laughing about it the whole time, and for days later.  It was an awesome night.

I can't speak for others, but fear of wetting pants, particularly in public, was definitely a root for me.  It's probably related to my pee-fetish in the first place.  Once I embraced wetting, and discovered sites like this one, I've had almost no issues with pee shyness.  I don't purposely wet in public very often, but I have done it a few times, and have definitely been seen with very wet pants, and experienced that simultaneous embarrassment and excitement.  After you experience that, pee shyness isn't really a thing.  At least, that's how it is for me.

-PPN

This happens to me occasionally, especially at work where in each bathroom there are only two urinals which are right next to each other, very close together with no dividers, right in the corner. There's been times where I've been absolutely bursting to go, hurried to the urinal and unzipped, then just before I pee somebody else comes in and stands at the urinal right next to me to pee, and no matter how desperate I am, I just can't release. I end up standing there getting more and more embarrassed until I just zip up, wash my hands and leave the bathroom with a very full bladder. It's a very frustrating feeling to be so desperate to go and your body just won't let you release because there's somebody standing next to you. It also happens sometimes when there's a queue of people waiting to use the urinals as I always feel like they're watching me while waiting for their turn. One fantasy I have is to be really, really desperate for a pee while I'm at a place with a weird kind of gender neutral bathroom that has a single cubicle and a single urinal, and there's a long queue of women waiting for the cubicle. I'd have the choice between either waiting for ages in line with a full bladder and probably pissing myself or using the urinal that is right next to the women in line in full view. Of course, I'd use the urinal and end up standing there for ages trying to pee while they watch me and tease me for being pee shy!

This happened to me a lot from my mid teens through my twenties. I eventually was able to relax and pee, but for years I could not. No matter how overfull and distended and painful my bladder was. I never got to the  state when I was able to let go back then . i would be in excruciating pain through my bladder and penis, I would try to go but couldn't. As much as I did not want to be embarrassed I kind of wished I would just wet my pants ( not for fun this was horrible , just for pain relief. I did try to let some out when a hard wave hit but nothing.

In fact when I eventually got to go, it just dribbled slowly , taking as much as 10 minutes to empty my bladder. 

I found out later that this was because my bladder was so extremely overfull it was resting on my urethra preventing flow.

I eventually grew out of the problem.

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

Well, considering I still have boy parts I understand what you're talking about. I can never use the potty if there's someone else in the room, and this is coming from someone who hasn't used a urinal in over six years! I can't even stand to go in a stall! I've never wet myself because of this, but I have sat there, unable to go, praying in my mind for everyone to get out! This was especially bad during high school when we had only 2-5 minutes between classes to go.

I think this developed from when I was a kid, and older bullies would constantly bang on my stall door and scream at me. Or make stupid jokes and overreact if they heard me, going, I guess? So, yeah, I can't use a restroom with other people!

I have occasionally struggled with this as a woman mostly in situations where I fear others can hear me. I feel like people might be judging me for the length of my pee and therefore I struggle to go. It has lead to me having to keep holding way beyond when I should and though I never actually wet myself I was quite sore as a result. 

It seems to be more common than people think and a form of social anxiety more than anything. 

I live the idea and wrote about it in a recent fiction series I put on here. 

I've had this problem for pretty much as long as I can remember.  Can't use a urinal unless there's nobody else around, and if it's too quiet (and there are other people around) I sometimes can't even use a cubicle either.  Public toilets are kind of a 'why even bother?' a lot of the time because of that, unless I'm really desperate enough that even a slim chance of being able to go is worth it.

Never wet myself because of it, though.  I think my pee-shyness may actually somehow be bad enough that I can't even involuntarily lose control at all in public (since the only times I've leaked have been at home or somewhere else private), but I'm not sure.