Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

(TLOZ TMC) Piccori Festival Fanfiction

Guest TeddyAglet

Guest TeddyAglet

So I don't know if this is necessary here but I'm gonna do it anyway - I don't own Zelda, Nintendo, or anything, really. At all.

Also just to clarify I got the idea for this happening at the Piccori Festival from fanfictions written by someone called 'antifairy.' Since it's interactive, wherever you guys take it, it goes, so it won't be very similar at all. Oh yeah I'm also an introductory member right now so I have a limited post-count, but I'll try and do everything as fast as I can to suit y'all.

The sun broke through the windows into Zelda's room, a room situated high in a tower in Hyrule Castle. The summer light made the air around feel sticky - and as she woke, she noticed that was not the only sticky thing. There was something else, something very notable.

Princess Zelda of Hyrule wore cloth protective garments - or as she quite spitefully called them, unnecessary diapers. She had slept with them on since time immemorial, and on important occasions, when her dignity as Heir was at stake, she would wear them in the day. Her mother claimed that they were needed, and that they were okay, but Zelda never agreed. Although the truth was she did need them - evidenced once again this morning, having woken up to a wet undergarment. She pushed herself out of her quilted, four-post bed and inspected it, happy when she noticed here was a lack of a wet spot. 

She took off her wet diaper and placed it on a table on the side of her bed, as she usually did.

When she faced the cupboard door to get her clothes to change out of her pyjamas, she noticed her full ceremonial robe hanging on it - and then she suddenly realized.

Today was the annual Piccori Festival - her and a boy named Link's favourite day of the year.

Eagerly she donned the clothes if it meant she could get to the Festival faster, before she was halted by another frankly irritating sight - her other undergarment. She thought she'd agreed this with her mother - now she was old enough to be trusted in the day - a whole 12 years old - she would be able to go without the embarrassment. 

Before she could make a decision whether to ignore it or not, her mother came into the room.

"Good morning, Zelda," she greeted, as she entered the room.

"Morning, Mom."

Soon the Queen's eyes spied the discarded garments on the table, at which point Zelda stared at her, slightly hurt, for one reason or another. The Queen sighed.

"Zelda, honey, it's fine. Nobody's perfect, you know that," she said, attempting to console her daughter.

"Not this, though. Nobody else is incapable of being normal in this way..." the young princess countered, sad as she always was when this topic was brought up.

The Queen thought for a moment, and then realized something. Link, Zelda's best friend and classmate, was nothing short of quirky himself. Maybe that would cheer Zelda up?

"This is just one way you could be different. That Link boy, honey, he always mispronounces things and minces his words. Back in Early-School, he could hardly even speak Hylian! Nobody's perfect, I've said it before and I'll say it again."

Zelda, slightly uplifted by this, smiled.

"Fine - but can I go without the cloth garment this time? Please?" Zelda pleaded.

The Queen paused what she was doing to consider this.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, so, decision time number 1.

Does she go to the Piccori Festival (A) with or (B) without, or (C) something entirely different that I just haven't thought of (Feeling dumb today.) Let me know in the comments and I'll continue the story.

Edited by TeddyAglet (see edit history)
Guest TeddyAglet

Okay, sorry, it's been a while, had writer's block and not much time. So I'm assuming this is the only vote, so Zelda better hope she's dry.

"Hm. Alright, honey, fine. This happens only once a year, anyway. Enjoy yourself."

Zelda hardly heard that as she'd already began dashing downstairs to eat a quick breakfast before running off to get her best friend - the aforementioned Link. Breakfast itself was fast, and consisted of meat, bread, butter, and the like. The Hylian Breakfast was unusual, even by Holodrumian and Labrynnan standards. Quickly and efficiently downing two large cups of water so as not to be dehydrated while she ran around with the other children in the Summer sun. 

Just before she shut the door, she heard her father's voice.

"Zelda!" he called out, his voice not giving away any distinct emotions.

Expecting a surprise, the young Princess turned.

"Yes, father?"

"Have fun." Zelda smiled, and he did back. At least she wasn't in trouble or anything.

A few minutes passed and she was right where she wanted to be - at Link's house's door, which was, as usual, unlocked.

Link and the Smith... so careless! she joked to herself. Pushing the door open, she walked into the room where the Smith worked - no doubt shocking him.

"P-princess! What're you doing here? Are you supposed to be here?" he enquired. It's not every day the Princess of your Kingdom walks into your house - well, in this case with her being the best friend of your apprentice, it kind of is, but still! There she was.

"I just came to get Link - is he here, Sir Smith?"

The Smith smiled. It was nice to see that even the Princess of Hyrule respected him, and it was a testament to her respectful personality. 

"Aye, I'll get him up now."

A quick few shouts and Link woke up - then two more in quick succession and he came down the stairs, messy-haired and smiling, though slightly dazed at having woken up so early - 10 past midnight! Isn't that early, reader?

"Mornin', Zelda," he said, walking over to her.

"Good morning, Link. C'mon, let's go!"

Link looked at his master, almost pleading with his eyes permission to go - it was given. 

After they arrived at the Piccori Festival, they immediately got to enjoying themselves. Soon after Zelda realised she needed to pee - but she could wait, she could get to a bathroom on time.

Just gonna say, this isn't another gap before a long wait - I'm writing this at midnight so I'm gonna do the rest in the morning.

• 3 weeks later...