Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Request for inspiring "worldy" music

Hello everyone. 

I thought this would be a great place to ask this question to many kind people from around the globe.
Does anyone here know a very good piece of inspiring, "worldy" exotic, adventurous instrumental music? With worldy I mean those songs that are very non Dutch, non western, non modern, that provoke a sense of upbeat and inspirational adventure in a far away country.

I like to collect all sorts of inspiring instrumental music, mostly moviesoundtracks. 
For example: Some of my favourites are "Short Rounds theme" by John Williams for Indiana Jones 2,  "Over Hill" by Howard Shore for The Hobbit, "Riders of Rohan" for LOTR, the entire soundtrack by Hans Zimmer for the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, etc. A real treasure to me for example was "Ibelin" by Harry Gregson-Williams for Kingdom of Heaven. I find it a very very impressive song despite it being quite "random" in a movie that's not super well known. If you don't know it, I highly recommend you listen to it on youtube. 

I really like Ludovico Einaudi (Nuvole Bianche, I Giorni) and Brian Crain (State of the Heart) too, but that's a different genre. 

So anyway, does anyone here know any real good soundtracks, songs, composers, which takes your imagination to far off places? Many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...