Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bladder pains during holds

Typically you want to exhaust your bladder muscles over time by filling it slowly or other techniques. This will make you desperate on the urethral front. Filling your bladder a in one go and over extending it can be dangerous. The pain is probably either the muscles pushing to eliminate or irritation from over extending. You can in fact explode your own bladder so pain should not be taken lightly. 

Edited by KinkAndSink (see edit history)

I think it depends on how strong your sphincter is. If you are capable of holding your pee even when desperate, for a long time, yes it is normal. Your bladder stretches as it goes past its normal holding capacity.  This can be quite painful if you can continue to keep all that pee in, even with intense pressure trying to come out. If you don't go your bladder will continue to expand because the urine has to go somewhere. 

If the pain extends to your back and your kidneys, this is dangerous. You should go ASAP. 

I used to experience this almost every day. I couldn't pee in the men's room if anybody was around. This resulted in my holding it all day in high school, and sometimes at an event with a restroom brake needed. My bladder litterly felt like it was going to tear open.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 1:35 AM, wettingman said:

I think it depends on how strong your sphincter is. If you are capable of holding your pee even when desperate, for a long time, yes it is normal. Your bladder stretches as it goes past its normal holding capacity.  This can be quite painful if you can continue to keep all that pee in, even with intense pressure trying to come out. If you don't go your bladder will continue to expand because the urine has to go somewhere.

As I am usually doing long-time holds there is a stretch of time when my bladder is already kind of full but not yet at it's limit. In this stage I sometimes feel some pain and experience cramps. But if I can overcome these nasty feelings and still go on holding I reach my so-called 'plateau phase' when the bladder is still filling up but the sensations change for pleasant. If I then reduce my fluid intake I can conserve this 'pleasant fullness' for some additional hours, slowly reaching the state of 'pleasant overfullness' and enjoying a constant desire to pee. Now and then I feel some twitches and I have to grab myself but these negative side effects subside in an instant. If I extend this plateau phase as long as possible after many hours I end up with a bladder a bit numb and running the risk of peeing my pants.