Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Did you make it through Endgame without a toilet break? (contains spoilers!)

I went to see it this morning and thought I'd be OK to wait until the end, sat through 20 minutes of adverts/trailers then 2 hours later I just had to run out and pee. I'd drunk quite a lot beforehand (tea and water) and my bladder was so full that I was finding it hard to sit still and concentrate on the film. I probably could have just about held on until the end but it would have been a very desperate final hour to say the least.

I left just before the part where they travel back in time to the SHIELD headquarters and got back to my seat around the point when Tony meets his father, so I had no idea what was going on for that whole part of the film (also missed Stan's cameo)! There isn't really any point during the film where you can leave for a couple of minutes without missing something important/interesting, except maybe the scene where Hulk is eating lunch around 1 hour into the movie?  My girlfriend needed to pee badly as well but she managed to hold on until the end. She was almost bouncing in her seat by the time the credits finally rolled and walked very quickly to the toilets for what she told me was 'the longest wee ever' afterwards.  

The showing we went to wasn't very busy and quite a few people left to pee during the film, but most waited until the end. Didn't see any obvious desperation but there were a few people who hurried out pretty much as soon as the credits started rolling, and a lady sat a few rows behind us who was urging her partner to hurry up because she really needed a wee!

Yeah I even drove home without a bathroom break. Altough the teens to my right left twice...

*SPOILER ALERT*

You probably missed where Tony and Steve get inside the bunker pretending to be agents and this short black lady gives them converstion, Tony breaks something and gets the gem out putting it on his briefcase and then his father comes in, Tony then says he is named Something Pots and is quite awkward. Idk if there was a scene there of Asgard and Thor saying he cant do it or if its Rhodey and company seeing Quill make an ass out of himself.

I took a break during the Hulk lunch scene (as that article suggested), though I probably missed how he said he got to be like that. But I didn't drink a whole lot that day, only just enough to stay hydrated, so I probably would have made it even without the break, it's hard for me to involuntarily pee when I've had a LOT to drink.

I brought in a small cup of coke to the movie, I had a lot to drink earlier on (big mistake).

At around the 2 hour mark I really started to get desperate, then I think when there was 15 or so minutes left when I was bursting. After the movie I go to the bathroom and see the baseball sized wet spot on my leggings, I probably peed for about a full minute 

I didn't. I ended up having a stuck zipper and an accident, but I was drinking a lot before that. If we consume normal fluids before that and pee before the movie, we should still be fine even after taking a big drink with us into the movie, but we will be quite desperate though. Our bladders can hold our pee for more than 3 hours.

19 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

I took a break during the Hulk lunch scene (as that article suggested), though I probably missed how he said he got to be like that. But I didn't drink a whole lot that day, only just enough to stay hydrated, so I probably would have made it even without the break, it's hard for me to involuntarily pee when I've had a LOT to drink.

Nothing too important happens, I think Hulk briefly mentions how he became that way (can't remember the reason) then some kids come and ask to take a selfie with him. Scott Lang asks the kids if they'd like to take a selfie with him but they've never heard of Ant Man. That's about it I think!

I could do it knowing it's three hours and planning for it. But last year I saw a different Marvel film that was about 2:15, was not careful with drinks and ended up holding so much that I hurt myself (couldn't empty completely on the first try and had to pee several more times soon after.) I don't see films in cinema very often and didn't know anything about Marvel, so I was expecting about an hour and a half 😂

Edited by cilla (see edit history)
2 minutes ago, cilla said:

I could do it knowing it's three hours and planning for it. But last year I saw a different Marvel film that was about 2:15, was not careful with drinks and ended up holding so much that I hurt myself (couldn't empty completely on the first try and had to pee several more times soon after.) I don't see films in cinema very often and didn't know anything about Marvel, so I was expecting about an hour and a half 😂

Deadpool did me in. Awaiting end credits. Marvel films are long.

I didn't use the bathroom during Endgame. Pretty sure I did right before though.

There's an app called RunPee that tells you when you should go to the bathroom during movies. I've never used it (I have an iron bladder) but I've heard it's really useful.

(Although Paul Rudd suggested the alternative option of peeing in your popcorn bucket under the seat, and Mark Ruffalo suggested diapers. I'm not sure I agree with Rudd there, those things are made of cardboard 😛)

Edited by ChloeLeSaurus (see edit history)

I made it through just fine.

On 5/5/2019 at 8:09 PM, Here4theFun said:

You probably missed where Tony and Steve get inside the bunker pretending to be agents and this short black lady gives them converstion, Tony breaks something and gets the gem out putting it on his briefcase and then his father comes in, Tony then says he is named Something Pots and is quite awkward. Idk if there was a scene there of Asgard and Thor saying he cant do it or if its Rhodey and company seeing Quill make an ass out of himself.

The woman in the elevator was a throwback from one of the original Marvel movies, I forget which one. And Tony said he was Howard Potts, to which the man he was with introduced himself as Howard Stark, so the name Howard would be easy to remember. Ton realized that he was standing next to his father. 

On 5/6/2019 at 6:26 PM, The Dark Wolf said:

You're in luck; Marvel posted part of that scene online.

I used the bathroom before the start of the Trailers and so did my bro, we both had sodas with our lunch and large sodas during the movie. I noticed him shifting in his seat a lot around 2 hours into the movie. He was fairly desperate by the end but he made it, though (I wonder if he would have if I hadn't assured him there was no end credits scene). I on the other hand didn't even have to go that bad at the end, I only used the bathroom cause I didn't want to be start feeling it on the ride home. I had a fairly normal pee, and went home, it's weird that I didn't even feel a slight urge, but I had a large popcorn as well as a pretty salty lunch so maybe that had something to do with it.

Btw my showing started at 12:45 yesterday and I had lunch just before entering the theatre if any of you were wondering, which you weren't but I already typed it anyway.