Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Guest irvingarlington

Wow, that's a pretty big wet spot! Thanks for the pictures.

I've tried wetting the bed much the same way you've described many times. Definitely stick to water before bed. It all comes out the same. I've found that certain positions work better for encouraging release than others. I can't wet on my stomach at all. My back is best, sides less so. And it is easier to get started in an inclined position. I used to have to force it as you did, but it caused a lot of strain and wasn't enjoyable. Relaxing is the key to get to sleep or ease wetting, and I've found that white noise isn't distracting enough, I just keep thinking about my bladder. I have found some hypnosis wetting audio on YouTube that encourages the listener to relax. Since hypnosis isn't real, it won't actually make you wet, but you might get relaxed enough to not strain. As far as wetting in your sleep, it's probably a long shot if you don't already experience it. I've never been able to pull it off. Even when lucid dreaming about it, I still never actually leak. Since this was the first time, your nerves and excitement probably are working against you. With practice, you'll have better control.

I wonder if any of the frequent bedwetters could give tips, especially on keeping the pillow dry. My own wettings don't spread that far.

Guest irvingarlington
16 minutes ago, AlphaShepard said:

God, yes, that was the worst part. I'd like the pee to stay below my neck, please!

How firm is your bed? I was thinking about this, and why the wetness flows how it does.  I've got a pretty soft mattress, with a pillow-top. My butt, hips and thighs tend to depress the bed a bit lower than my mid-section and upper back, so I think that causes my pee to flow more towards that depression. If I lay on my side when I wet, it spreads further up my side than it would otherwise, as my body doesn't depress the mattress so much. If your bed is too firm, and the sheets and protector not absorbent enough, you're going to get a pretty good spread, and from the looks of your pictures, that seems to be the case.

17 hours ago, Acura17 said:

The last time I wet the bed, I kinda did the same thing. It was fun, then it was cold. Being cold takes away the fun. For someone who enjoys wetting as much as I do, I need to clean up as soon as I am finished. It's a lot of work to wet your bed, especially if you live with others.

The key is to not get out of the bed when wet. Then it will (usually) stay warm and I don´t have any problems going back to sleep. 
An other alternative is to get up, change clothes and get a towel to put in the bed. Then you can sleep relatively dry, anyways until your next wetting...

I use a big plastic bag and a "waterproof" cover for the pillow. I can't keep it away from the pillow as I like a big puddle.. The bag isn't wonderful protection, and eventually I have to take off the "waterproof" cover and bleach the stains out of it. The cover keeps the actual pillow in reasonable condition as long as I dry it out as quickly.

I recently had that problem with the pillow after multiple wettings.  In general, that is correct, if you don't move from the place you peed, your body will keep that spot warm.  Which is much easier to fall back to sleep in.  It is hard not to investigate too though.