Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Desperate girls bathroom line at school between classes.

I don't know how if anyone has seen or heard of a situation of girls being desperate to pee in a long bathroom line at school between classes, but this is the scenario I am about to describe.

Suppose your middle school or high school school has a strict bathroom policy that says that you can't be late to a class more than once or twice per class per semester, and are only allowed maybe one or two bathroom passes per class per semester. So you are to use the facilities between classes, at lunch, before school, or after school. Depending on how many facilities your school has and how long passing time is, the bathroom lines may be too long to wait in line, do your business, and get to class on time, especially for the girls. What do you do? This scenario assumes that you are a girl and if you are late to your next class, you will get a 30 minute detention.  Also, you can’t go to the bathroom during class or you’ll get charged with a tardy and have to serve a 30 minute detention.  Asking the teacher to use the bathroom before class won’t work either, because you already used up any emergency bathroom passes you had during the semester (probably only had one or two anyway).  This scenario assumes that class periods are 50 minutes long, there are five minutes between classes, and three stalls in each girls bathroom.  There are two or three sets of bathrooms, but trying to navigate from one bathroom to the next if the line is too long probably won’t work because it will take time to get to the other bathroom, and the line may be just as long there.  Also assume that you can’t use the boys restroom because the line is too long in the girls restroom.  In addition, also assume that you can’t pee on the floor, in the sink, in the trash can, in a bottle, on the desk or table.  Also, if there is a line, cutting in line is not allowed unless everyone ahead of you in line from the place you are to the place you want to cut into says okay (not very likely to happen).  So basically, it comes down to waiting in line to pee (and probably being late), or possibly peeing your pants at some time within the next hour.  Although doing #2 is a possibility, most of the focus is on #1 (peeing).   Assume that it will take each girl at least a minute to do their business in each stall.

1)      What would you do if you had to pee in the middle of class and your teacher told you couldn't leave, and you said it was an emergency and the teach told you it was a 30 minute detention if you left class to go to the bathroom?

2)      Suppose your name is Tiffany and class periods are 50 minutes long, and you have 5 minutes between classes. You enter the girls bathroom about 2 minutes into the passing time, so you have 3 minutes left. Your next destination is probably about  30 seconds away. When you get into the bathroom, you see that there are 3 stalls all in use, and there are about 5 girls ahead of you in line. You are really desperate to pee and are probably about 5 minutes away from peeing your pants (10 minutes at most), because when girls have to pee, they usually can't hold it for ridiculously long periods of time the way boys might be able to.  If you are late, or have to go to the bathroom during your next class, it's a minimum of a 30 minute detention. And asking the teacher first to use the restroom won't work. What would you do?  (Note:  Trying another bathroom probably won’t work because you’d have to come back down this way anyway to get to class, and the line is probably just long there).

3)      Suppose your name is Emily and you are the girl right in front of Tiffany in line for the bathroom.  Tiffany is practically in tears and asks you if she can cut in line.  You could probably wait another minute or so, but it could be the difference between being on time or being late for class.  You do kind of need to pee but could probably wait another hour if you have to.  However, you’ll probably be very desperate towards the end of next period.  What would you do?

a.       Let Tiffany cut in front of you in line, realizing that it might be the difference between her peeing her pants vs not, but also might be the difference between you getting to class on time vs late.

b.      Tell Tiffany that you can’t let her cut in line because you were there first and you have places to get to as well.

c.       Give up on waiting and go to class and hope for better luck next hour.  In that scenario, you’ll get to class on time, but might be very uncomfortable halfway through the next period.  Tiffany will have a slightly better chance of getting to class on time or not peeing her pants since you decided not to go.

d.      Other

I'll stop right here and see what happens, because I only want to ask two or three questions at a time. 

49 minutes ago, UnDefined_404 said:

1: Depends on how bad I need to pee, 1-6, I would just hold it, 7-10, I would let out small spurts (I’ve done this in real life)

2: I would pee in a bottle I’m carrying on me

3: I would just head to the next class

But what if you don't have a bottle to pee in?  I think I said that you can't pee in a water bottle anyway, even if you had one, so let's assume you don't have one.  What would you do then?  Can't pee on the floor, sink, or trash can either.

1) I would let the teacher know it's an emergency, teacher says if you leave it's a detention -> take the detention and go pee.  Only because it's probably better explaining to parents that I got detention from a bathroom emergency than embarrassingly explain that I had a pee-pee accident in class (and the wet clothes that come with it).

2) If wearing a skirt, I'd pee my panties in line, quickly dry off with paper towels in the bathroom as best I could, then run to class. 

In the off chance I'm not wearing a skirt, if I knew of a spot outside that had great cover, I'd probably try to quickly pee outside (surely the braver girls try this when the lines are long) - but if there's no good cover, then I'd have to hold it -> tell teacher it's an emergency -> teacher says if you leave it's detention -> take detention and go pee.

3) "B" - I was here first, sorry.   Although If she were a couple grades below me, "A" - I would probably let her cut and tell her to be quick.

I guess I'll ask a few more questions, starting at #4 so that those who didn't get a chance to answer the first three can still do so.

4)  (Probably should have asked this at the beginning).  Given the constraints of 5 minute passing time and three stalls available, how long of a line would be "too long" to wait in and still get to class in time?  Where would you draw the line between a)  still enough time to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time,  b) you'll be cutting it close and it could go either way and c)  there is no way you have time to wait in this line an get to class on time.

5)  There are a number of ways you could play this out, but suppose you decided you were so desperate that you would wait however long it takes even if you are late.  What are you thinking if you are just getting into the stall and peeing when the late bell for class rings?

6) In the above scenario, if your teacher asks why you are late, what would you say?  And if they still give you a detention or other punishment, what would you do? 

8 hours ago, Jwjw said:

DesperateQueue Are you from America or outside the U.S.? Here in America long school bathroom lines usually never happen. However in Europe they can be quite common.

I’ve rarely seen school bathroom lines (boys or girls) happen here in the U.S., but I have on occasion heard a girl say she was late to a class because the bathroom line was too long.  Every once in a while, I can see a line forming inside or just outside a girls bathroom (depending on whether the outside bathroom door is opened or closed) either between classes or at lunch, and I think “Thank god I’m not a girl”.  I honestly don’t know how many stalls were in our girls bathrooms in middle school or high school, so I was making some educated guesses.  I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that this doesn’t happen more often.  I’m glad I don’t live in one of the Eastern continent countries.  I’ve never seen a bathroom lineup of 20 in a school setting between classes or at lunch.  That would be ridiculous in any setting, school or not.

That being said, if passing time between classes is only 4 or 5 minutes, and there are only 3 or 4 stalls in the girls bathroom, and there is a line of 3 or 4 girls, that can seem like a long line given the circumstances.  I have seen or at least heard of that in a few cases. In most other places, that kind of lineup would not be that big of a deal, but when you’re about to pee your pants, and all the stalls are full and there is a line of even 3 or 4 girls ahead of you for one of three available stalls, passing time is 5 minutes, and you can’t be late and can’t go to the bathroom during class, that can feel like a long line given the circumstances.

4: A: 2 or less, B: 3-4, C; Anything more

5: If my class is near the bathroom, I would run out to the class and hope I’m not counted as late. If it’s not close, I would finish peeing, and then go to class

6: I would say I had to wait for the bathroom, if that doesn’t work, I would just take the detention 

Edited by UnDefined_404 (see edit history)
11 minutes ago, UnDefined_404 said:

4: A: 2 or less, B: 3-4, C; Anything more

5: If my class is near the bathroom, I would run out to the class and hope I’m not counted as late. If it’s not close, I would finish peeing, and then go to class

6: I would say I had to wait for the bathroom, if that doesn’t work, I would just take the detention 

As for #5, I could see that working  if you have a minute or so before class starts.  But my question was assuming you were actually in the stall and peeing when the late bell rings (whether your class is close to the bathroom or not), so in essence you are already “late”. Whether they actually will count you as late if you sneak in with in minute or two remains to be seen (but based on the assumptions I originally made, if you are even a second late, it is generally assumed you will be counted late). But you were about to pee your pants and had to wait in line and you are peeing when the tardy bell rings. What would be likely to be entering your mind at that point in time?

8 minutes ago, UnDefined_404 said:

I would be thinking “Welp, I’m screwed “ followed by “Will the teacher give me a punishment if I say I was waiting for the bathroom”

Good question.  I don’t know.  But would you rather have a detention being late because you had to wait in line to pee when you were about to pee your pants, or have wet pants the rest of the day?

Edited by DesperateQueue (see edit history)

Before I go any further, I will repost the questions here (in case anyone else wants to post their opinion), and what my answers would have been (even though there is zero chance I ever have been or ever will be in that exact situation in a school setting).

1)      What would you do if you had to pee in the middle of class and your teacher told you couldn't leave, and you said it was an emergency and the teach told you it was a 30 minute detention if you left class to go to the bathroom?

2)      Suppose your name is Tiffany and class periods are 50 minutes long, and you have 5 minutes between classes. You enter the girls bathroom about 2 minutes into the passing time, so you have 3 minutes left. Your next destination is probably about  30 seconds away. When you get into the bathroom, you see that there are 3 stalls all in use, and there are about 5 girls ahead of you in line. You are really desperate to pee and are probably about 5 minutes away from peeing your pants (10 minutes at most), because when girls have to pee, they usually can't hold it for ridiculously long periods of time the way boys might be able to.  If you are late, or have to go to the bathroom during your next class, it's a minimum of a 30 minute detention. And asking the teacher first to use the restroom won't work. What would you do?  (Note:  Trying another bathroom probably won’t work because you’d have to come back down this way anyway to get to class, and the line is probably just long there).

3)      Suppose your name is Emily and you are the girl right in front of Tiffany in line for the bathroom.  Tiffany is practically in tears and asks you if she can cut in line.  You could probably wait another minute or so, but it could be the difference between being on time or being late for class.  You do kind of need to pee but could probably wait another hour if you have to.  However, you’ll probably be very desperate towards the end of next period.  What would you do? 

a.       Let Tiffany cut in front of you in line, realizing that it might be the difference between her peeing her pants vs not, but also might be the difference between you getting to class on time vs late.

b.      Tell Tiffany that you can’t let her cut in line because you were there first and you have places to get to as well.

c.       Give up on waiting and go to class and hope for better luck next hour.  In that scenario, you’ll get to class on time, but might be very uncomfortable halfway through the next period.  Tiffany will have a slightly better chance of getting to class on time or not peeing her pants since you decided not to go.

d.      Other

4)   Given the constraints of 5 minute passing time and three stalls available, how long of a line would be "too long" to wait in and still get to class in time?  Where would you draw the line between a)  still enough time to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time,  b) you'll be cutting it close and it could go either way and c)  there is no way you have time to wait in this line an get to class on time.

5)  There are a number of ways you could play this out, but suppose you decided you were so desperate that you would wait however long it takes even if you are late.  What are you thinking if you are just getting into the stall and peeing when the late bell for class rings?

6) In the above scenario, if your teacher asks why you are late, what would you say?  And if they still give you a detention or other punishment, what would you do? 

My answers:

1)  I would try to hold it until the end of class and pee at the next break, but if I new a wetting was inevitable, I would rush off to the bathroom, and deal with the consequences later.

2)   If I'm that desperate, I would wait in line, pee, and be late.

3)  If I think I'm going to be late to class even without her cutting in front of me, and my need isn't that great, I would try to hold it another hour, and by me not going, that might give Tiffany just enough time to wait in line, pee, and just barely get to  class on time.  But if I think that I can't wait until the next break (whether it's 5 minutes or 30), I would tell her I can't let her cut in front of me because I was there first.  My reasoning in that scenario would be that if I got there before her and know I can't wait for the next break (even if my need isn't as immediate as hers) and have to wait in line to pee and possibly be late and get detention, then she should have to deal with the same possible consequence (even if she is about to pee her pants within 5 minutes) since I was ahead of her in line.

4)  It honestly depends on what time I get to the bathroom, and how far the bathroom is from my next class.  But assuming that I get there at the minute and a half to two minute mark after my previous class ended, and my next class is 30 seconds or less away, this is where I would draw the line  A)  Two girls or less ahead of me means I have a decent chance to wait in line, pee, and get to class on time  B)   3 or 4 girls ahead of me is where it gets "iffy"  C)  5 or more girls ahead of me and there is no chance to get to class on time.  But this also depends on when the current group of girls exit the stalls (meaning, do the stalls clear up within 15 or 20 seconds so that the line clears up faster, or did that group of three girls just enter the stalls before you got to the bathroom, meaning you have to wait for them to finish their business, plus the girls ahead of you in line to finish their business.

5)  I would probably be thinking "Well, I'm already late and will probably get a detention anyway, so I might as well go ahead and finish peeing.  Hopefully my teacher will understand, but if not, then at least I know I won't pee my pants during class now."

6)  I would simply say that I had to pee really bad and the bathroom line was too long.  If they still tried to give me detention, then I would try to get my parents involved with the school administration if I felt that I did everything in my power during that break time to get to the bathroom as quickly as possible to do my business and get to class on time.  If I felt that I had a slight delay in getting to the bathroom that might have been the difference between walking right into the stall, or having a line of 3 or 4 girls ahead of me, then I would accept the punishment and try to do better the next time.

Hope this helps.  As I said earlier, I don't know how often this scenario happens in reality in the United States, but it doesn't take that long of a lineup to make you feel uncomfortable about your chances of waiting in line to pee and getting to class on time.  You pretty much need to hope you have longer passing periods, or more stalls in the bathrooms to avoid this type of problem.  I do not know at this time whether or not I am going to go with another round of questions, but any opinions or answers to any or all of the 6 questions above would be more than welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

So some have asked how likely long school bathroom lines are in situations like this in the United States, and I honestly don't know, but I can make some educated guesses.  If the rules are such that you can't go to the bathroom during class, we can assume that any given break, at least 10% of the total girls need to use the restroom (and we'll assume the school is evenly split between girls and boys).  You would think that five minutes would "maybe" be enough time for each stall to be used by three different girls.

If we assume that there are 500 students in a school, and half of them are girls, and there are two sets of bathrooms with 3 toilets per girls bathroom, that equates to a girl to toilet ratio of about 40 to 1.  Of those 250 girls, at any given break, you would figure that at least 25 need to pee (maybe less after the first period, but probably more for later periods).  Divide that up into the two bathrooms, and you would see about 12 or 13 girls in each bathroom at each break.  Three can get into the stalls, and the rest are waiting in line, and you would have to think that it would take each girl a minimum of a minute to do their business.  So in this scenario, it doesn't seem that far-fetched to believe that if you don't make a beeline dash to the bathroom right when break starts, that by the time you get to the bathroom that there may be too many girls ahead of you in line for you to wait in line, pee, an get to class on time.

We can play with the numbers in a number of different ways (as in a girl to toilet ratio of 30:1, 50:1, 75:1 or who knows how many), but the bottom line is this.  You may find yourself in a position where you are desperate to pee between classes and there are say 5 girls ahead of you in line.  This leads me to my next question.

7) If you are desperate to pee between classes (and are at most 15 minutes away from peeing your pants) and you arrive at the girls bathroom and there are five girls ahead of you in line for three toilets, and passing time is only five minutes, what is the first or second thought that enters your mind at that point in time?