Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Have to pee right after pooping?

I notice after I poop I usually will have to pee just minutes after. And I might also suddenly pee a lot immediately after I have released the poop. Is this normal? Does pooping act like a sort of diuretic, or suppresses vasopressin, or something like that? Or might it be a symptom of urinary retention or something serious?

(Also for the record, I'm NOT into messing or holding poop. That's why I really do prefer to poop as many times as possible before a pee-hold.)

12 hours ago, slycat said:

I always pee when I sit down to poop.  No way for me to really avoid it.  I too, am not into messing, so having to poop can get in the way of a hold sometimes.

What I'll do sometimes if I have to poop during a hold, is I'll just lower my pants enough to uncover my butt, then I try as much as possible to avoid peeing, but if I pee while I'm pooping, well, I was going to wet anyway...

10 hours ago, CarmenCD said:

I think that's normal. I have to do it too. 
I'm always afraid when I have to poop while at somewhere's house or at the meeting, because I know I'll need a bathroom very soon again and it usually inconvenient and embarrassing to admit.

please don't ever feel afraid to do that. what's the big deal, especially if they might never see you again?