Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Most insane thing you have ever done!

Driving on the wrong side of the road, not on purpose! I was lost my second trip to California driving back from Tahoe and the street i needed to go to to turn around and get back on the highway the sign was on the other side of a median and it didnt show a one way arrow till i got halfway down the street and saw another car coming. Didnt crash but it was terrifying, I eventually got back onto the road i needed and thankfully no one was hurt

Guest Masyanyalover

I’m not sure, I’ve done a lot of batshit insane things. But for example, once I let out a baby billygoat out a cage at a petting zoo when I was young.

When I was 22 after finishing college and just being laid off from my first job with a failed startup company, I rode a bicycle from Orlando to Chicago. It took me 20 days. At first I had a tent and sleeping bag with me, and I broke into campgrounds after hours to avoid paying fees. I made it up into Georgia doing just this.

Then there was a night of pouring, non-stop rain. I never got to set up my tent, and I got zero rest after having just biked 70-80 miles and faced the prospect of doing it again the next day. That morning, I found a UPS store, shipped my tent and sleeping bag to my mother and Florida, and stayed at the jankiest, sketchiest motels I could find.

When I made it to Illinois I stopped in the town of Bloomington/Normal (I'm a graduate of Illinois State University) to see old friends and some of my professors. From there, I made my way to Chicago where I stayed with a friend for a few days before flying back to Florida. I found the cheapest airline (Frontier), and it actually cost more to get the bike on the plane then it did me!

Upon landing, I got a cab to take me and my bike to a storage unit where I had most of my belongings, including my 2000 Buick Century. I started it up, and drove it to my mom's house with no insurance on the car. I basically moved in with my mom until I was able to get a job and get on my own two feet. But that's a story for another day.

I could name several other insane things I've done, but I think the bike ride takes the cake.

Edited by Cherry Pie (see edit history)
7 hours ago, Cherry Pie said:

When I was 22 after finishing college and just being laid off from my first job with a failed startup company, I rode a bicycle from Orlando to Chicago. It took me 20 days. At first I had a tent and sleeping bag with me, and I broke into campgrounds after hours to avoid paying fees. I made it up into Georgia doing just this.

Then there was a night of pouring, non-stop rain. I never got to set up my tent, and I got zero rest after having just biked 70-80 miles and faced the prospect of doing it again the next day. That morning, I found a UPS store, shipped my tent and sleeping bag to my mother and Florida, and stayed at the jankiest, sketchiest motels I could find.

When I made it to Illinois I stopped in the town of Bloomington/Normal (I'm a graduate of Illinois State University) to see old friends and some of my professors. From there, I made my way to Chicago where I stayed with a friend for a few days before flying back to Florida. I found the cheapest airline (Frontier), and it actually cost more to get the bike on the plane then it did me!

Upon landing, I got a cab to take me and my bike to a storage unit where I had most of my belongings, including my 2000 Buick Century. I started it up, and drove it to my mom's house with no insurance on the car. I basically moved in with my mom until I was able to get a job and get on my own two feet. But that's a story for another day.

I could name several other insane things I've done, but I think the bike ride takes the cake.

That's actually really cool, though.

8 hours ago, Cherry Pie said:

That is actually inspiring! Share more!

I've done quite a few insane things because it took so long for doctors to diagnose me as bipolar and I had several manic episodes that I didn't realize were manic episodes.

But, I think by far the most insane thing I did happened shortly after I turned 21. A friend and I had recently gotten back from a trip to Vegas and she invited me up to her house to go out for some drinks. The night turned into us showing up at a drug dealers house - she was sleeping with him at the time. We smoked some weed and were just hanging out for a bit. At one point they started arguing about cocaine because one of them had bought some but it ended up being baking soda. I excused myself from the situation to go take a bath in his giant jacuzzi tub upstairs. I dropped in a bath bomb and just rode out being drunk and high. About an hour went by and my friend came into the bathroom with a magazine she was holding horizontally. She walked up to me, and on it were two line and a $100 bill. I'd never done coke, but when she gave me the opportunity, I did. I only did it one other time after that, but truthfully that ruined any other experience I could have with it. Nothing tops that.

Plus the high wasn't that great in my opinion. But yeah. That's probably the most insane thing I've done.

It's not so much a sliding scale with me as a bunch of random data points; I definitely put the "crazy" in "crazy survivalist."

I guess the only one I can really share here would be the time I drank some potentially contaminated water on a dare. I didn't get sick so it probably wasn't contaminated, but on the other hand, it was purely a spur of the moment "you're on" action and no money was involved, which in hindsight was a missed opportunity.

There's definitely crazier stuff, but I probably shouldn't talk about it until the statute of limitations expires. 😛