Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Youtube Omo

In my search for omo videos I frequently visit Youtube and search by sorting by upload date. I recently noticed that when I search by upload date it no longer gives me Youtube videos uploaded today. When I use the search option "uploaded this week" I see videos from 2-4 years ago in the top results.

Does anyone also use Youtube to look for omorashi? And is it just me or did the YT search engine got a downgrade?

On 3/22/2019 at 8:08 PM, homeanddry said:

I’ve read that they’ve basically disabled most of the functionality of the filters in an attempt to stop videos of the terrible attack on the mosque in New Zealand being found in searches - they were being posted quicker than they could be taken down. They say that everything should be back to normal in a few days.

Ah okay. well that makes sense.

I have quite a few selections from YT from years ago, but part of my research has been to observe the tightening of restrictions on a 'moral' basis of their own choosing over this time. The same goes for tumblr and DevArt and Pixiv. The historical parallel is the freedoms enjoyed in the 1920s, followed by the restrictions of the 1930s. If you calculate an average of 30 years per generation, it is a cycle of 3 generations (90 years) from then to now, so maximum freedoms are in the current decade, with restrictions now being applied which will tighten into the 2020s with a rebirth of social controls being applied voluntarily as a reaction to the supposed 'excesses' of this decade by 'iGens' (those most affected by the consequences of the freedoms of the internet).

I still check YT from time to time for anything missed by the scrutineers though.

23 hours ago, blasseroz said:

I have quite a few selections from YT from years ago, but part of my research has been to observe the tightening of restrictions on a 'moral' basis of their own choosing over this time. The same goes for tumblr and DevArt and Pixiv. The historical parallel is the freedoms enjoyed in the 1920s, followed by the restrictions of the 1930s. If you calculate an average of 30 years per generation, it is a cycle of 3 generations (90 years) from then to now, so maximum freedoms are in the current decade, with restrictions now being applied which will tighten into the 2020s with a rebirth of social controls being applied voluntarily as a reaction to the supposed 'excesses' of this decade by 'iGens' (those most affected by the consequences of the freedoms of the internet).

I still check YT from time to time for anything missed by the scrutineers though.

May i say that's one very interesting train of thought you have there ! (I did press on the 'upvote-button' but alas, i seem to have done that too many times allready,so that wasn't allowed. Perhaps it's time for me to consider a membership on this forum after all) As I consider myself a student as long as I'll be alive, I found your ideas very interesting. I'll am certainly go and look into this 'iGen' idea .Fascinating to say the least..

And it's been in the news that sites as tumblr, youtube ,insta etc. etc. are all restricting all remotely sexual content. Too bad really,but Im confident we will see an interesting reaction to that as well.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 11:02 PM, wannawatch said:

May i say that's one very interesting train of thought you have there !

Thanks for your interest. I have undertaken a private long-term study since smart-phones became more prevalent around 2011 entitled "The Edge of Control" (not yet written), and the time-line comparisons have become gradually more obvious over this period. As an amusing aside - Orwell's 1984 was originally proposed as 1954 (30 years per generation), but he was still 30 years too soon - most of his predictions existed in some form in 2014. I have lived through the 50's, 80's and 'tenties', so have real life experience of 3 sets of  values which cycle through the same 'moral' phases, becoming less adamant with each generation, so there's hope yet that social criteria will accept 'natural' fetishes (maybe 2030's). After all "Rock and Roll" was once considered to be sinful!

Absolutely love these kind of studies, and analysis of era's and idea's.  Orwell's novel seems to have become a "how to-"guide instead of a warning, and while that is an interesting shift it could be considered a rather sad and alarming one as well.

I won't comment too much on what you've written here because as so often happens , one bad answer could easily destroy a brilliant set of questions ..

Thank you again for sharing !