Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Desperation at the Gym?

Hey everyone, I've recently started going to a gym since I've lost 100+ lbs. I wanted to start bulking up a little, and I have no equipment at home, so here I am.

Anyway, I drink a ton of water at the gym and have found myself running into the locker room a ton just to relieve myself. Has anyone had any similar experiences? I haven't had the courage to let my desperation go too long. Straining to lift with a full bladder probably wouldn't end well, but I usually have black under armor shorts on, so it wouldn't even be noticeable if I leaked. I just am not that courageous. I've seen videos of people wetting while lifting though.

One thing I did try was this weird vibrating light booth...thing. It was like a tanning booth, but with a different light and you stand on this platform that vibrates the hell out of you. Half way through that, I felt like I was going to wet myself, but I didn't.

So what say you, omo.org? Has anyone had any interesting ventures to the gym?

Congratulations on your dramatic weight loss!  Going to the gym to add some muscle is also an excellent way to maintain your new body!  Is there a time - perhaps very late - when there are very few people at the gym?  As you have noted, sometimes people wet when lifting weights, and that could be your excuse if you were seen with wet shorts.  No one need know that you purposely chose not to run to the toilet when you had to go.

• 2 weeks later...

@PsN3rd Hats off to your achievement - that's quite some weight! Respect for that. Bulking-up is allways tricky as one easily gains extra pounds but it's hardly ever 'just muscle' ;) Just curious: did you follow any special training-program ?

And about that desperation-it's a definite yes for me ! Sometimes you drink 1,5 - 2ltrs without ever having to go (so I guess you could say the body would've been dehydrated, or you sweat more easily) Other times I just keep walking to- and from the bathroom ..lol !

Serious squatting or deadlifting will occasionally cause people to leak,allthough the female body seems to be more prone to this. According to the number of youtube-vids of such an accident that is . If the weight is at about what you could possibly lift (at your 1 max.rep.) there's nothing else one can think off b u t that weight, and not crashing down. There's no real 'controlling' anything else about your body but that o n e movement you planned. Understandable when going that far in a pushing or lifting-motion,all else c o u l d fail.Including one's sphincter..

From what I've seen weightlifters don't care too much about that ! Wet myself I have not during training but farting (quite hilarious..) suddenly puking (sorry people,didn't mean to upset anyone with this visual story..) or a bloody nose (even small arteries in ones eyes can suddenly 'pop' resulting in very red eye(s))  is a very common phenomenon during a trainingssession .

To be honest: when hitting the (private!) shower after, I have many a occasion left my clothes on and peed right then and there if I had to. Saves doing laundry coming home 😉

On 3/20/2019 at 6:23 AM, Spectator9 said:

Congratulations on your dramatic weight loss!  Going to the gym to add some muscle is also an excellent way to maintain your new body!  Is there a time - perhaps very late - when there are very few people at the gym?  As you have noted, sometimes people wet when lifting weights, and that could be your excuse if you were seen with wet shorts.  No one need know that you purposely chose not to run to the toilet when you had to go.

Thanks! Believe it or not, the gym is usually pretty populated at all times. It's kind of crazy how many people go.

I really want to try holding until I can't anymore, but there's always a risk of being caught. Like you said, no one needs to know lol but I don't know that I can be that bold. Plus, I'm usually with friends, which doesn't help.

13 hours ago, wannawatch said:

@PsN3rd Hats off to your achievement - that's quite some weight! Respect for that. Bulking-up is allways tricky as one easily gains extra pounds but it's hardly ever 'just muscle' ;) Just curious: did you follow any special training-program ?

And about that desperation-it's a definite yes for me ! Sometimes you drink 1,5 - 2ltrs without ever having to go (so I guess you could say the body would've been dehydrated, or you sweat more easily) Other times I just keep walking to- and from the bathroom ..lol !

Serious squatting or deadlifting will occasionally cause people to leak,allthough the female body seems to be more prone to this. According to the number of youtube-vids of such an accident that is . If the weight is at about what you could possibly lift (at your 1 max.rep.) there's nothing else one can think off b u t that weight, and not crashing down. There's no real 'controlling' anything else about your body but that o n e movement you planned. Understandable when going that far in a pushing or lifting-motion,all else c o u l d fail.Including one's sphincter..

From what I've seen weightlifters don't care too much about that ! Wet myself I have not during training but farting (quite hilarious..) suddenly puking (sorry people,didn't mean to upset anyone with this visual story..) or a bloody nose (even small arteries in ones eyes can suddenly 'pop' resulting in very red eye(s))  is a very common phenomenon during a trainingssession .

To be honest: when hitting the (private!) shower after, I have many a occasion left my clothes on and peed right then and there if I had to. Saves doing laundry coming home 😉

Thanks! I feel great. For the weight loss, I just watched my calories with MyFitnessPal. Eventually that wasn't quite enough, so I started walking. Then, when that got boring, I got a stationary bike, and finally I went back to work (12 hour shifts with constant movement). Now, I've joined a gym because my skin hasn't yet adjusted to not having as much fat, so I'm trying to fill that out a bit with muscle. The training program for the gym is basically just three days on, and one day off, working a different set of muscle groups every time. It's working fairly well so far!

Interesting info on leaking though. I have yet to become super desperate at the gym, but I could see it happening some day. I drink a LOT during my workouts. It's actually not a good thing, but I'm constantly thirsty. It's cool that weightlifters don't care as much--It wouldn't be too out of place to have a little wet patch.

I also don't blame you for taking that opportunity to pee in your clothes. I've done that a few times after being outside--Accept I'll stay outside in my yard and just let go before I come in and clean up. :P I can imagine doing so at the gym is just as amusing.

On 3/20/2019 at 3:21 PM, fullbguy said:

My trainer used to go to the men's room before and after our 45-minute sessions, so I assume there are a lot of over-hydrated guys working out at any given time

Right? Men and women, both, I would assume.

I've only ever leaked once at the gym and it wasn't even due to exertion. I was working very hard and drank an awful lot of water, but I must have been sat in a funny position on the rowing machine, because I didn't feel the need to go at all until I stood up and realised I was slowly dribbling into my shorts. Luckily I managed to stop almost immediately and hurry to the toilets.

An ex girlfriend once told me that she'd never left the gym dry. She wasn't one to let a full bladder get in the way of a workout, and would basically push herself on the weights until she leaked and then spend five minutes cooling down before she finally peed and went home. We used to mock each other, she would say I clearly hadn't worked out as hard as her since I hadn't "pushed to my limits", I'd often wear lighter coloured clothes and ask loudly why she always wore black!

On 3/31/2019 at 3:18 PM, HarryC said:

I've only ever leaked once at the gym and it wasn't even due to exertion. I was working very hard and drank an awful lot of water, but I must have been sat in a funny position on the rowing machine, because I didn't feel the need to go at all until I stood up and realised I was slowly dribbling into my shorts. Luckily I managed to stop almost immediately and hurry to the toilets.

An ex girlfriend once told me that she'd never left the gym dry. She wasn't one to let a full bladder get in the way of a workout, and would basically push herself on the weights until she leaked and then spend five minutes cooling down before she finally peed and went home. We used to mock each other, she would say I clearly hadn't worked out as hard as her since I hadn't "pushed to my limits", I'd often wear lighter coloured clothes and ask loudly why she always wore black!

Great story! thanks for sharing that with us. I like that boldness in a woman, though I would never go that far exercising myself I'm afraid. And as she made clear: allways wear black indeed. No one could tell if it was sweat or something else you leaked.

On 3/30/2019 at 2:47 AM, PsN3rd said:

Thanks! Believe it or not, the gym is usually pretty populated at all times. It's kind of crazy how many people go.

I really want to try holding until I can't anymore, but there's always a risk of being caught. Like you said, no one needs to know lol but I don't know that I can be that bold. Plus, I'm usually with friends, which doesn't help.

Thanks! I feel great. For the weight loss, I just watched my calories with MyFitnessPal. Eventually that wasn't quite enough, so I started walking. Then, when that got boring, I got a stationary bike, and finally I went back to work (12 hour shifts with constant movement). Now, I've joined a gym because my skin hasn't yet adjusted to not having as much fat, so I'm trying to fill that out a bit with muscle. The training program for the gym is basically just three days on, and one day off, working a different set of muscle groups every time. It's working fairly well so far!

Interesting info on leaking though. I have yet to become super desperate at the gym, but I could see it happening some day. I drink a LOT during my workouts. It's actually not a good thing, but I'm constantly thirsty. It's cool that weightlifters don't care as much--It wouldn't be too out of place to have a little wet patch.

I also don't blame you for taking that opportunity to pee in your clothes. I've done that a few times after being outside--Accept I'll stay outside in my yard and just let go before I come in and clean up. 😛 I can imagine doing so at the gym is just as amusing.

Right? Men and women, both, I would assume.

You just have to find yourself a nice 24/7 gym, get your own key and at night the whole gym will be yours ! 

(also a lot of weirdo's in at those hours, but I think somebody just as easy could think that of me ..😉)

Wishing you luck with your training !

On 3/31/2019 at 9:18 AM, HarryC said:

Interesting. I've done this other times. I've not actually leaked, but I have stood up, or when I'm at work it's happened when I was just standing there, and all of a sudden I felt as though I was ready to pee. Like I felt it coming, but I was able to do a quick dance and stop if from coming out. I don't know what that's all about, but it's happened a few times. So far, not at the gym though.

There was a lady at the gym the other day who was doing crunches on an angled bench. When she got up, there was a tiny wet spot where her butt was. I'm 99% sure it was sweat, but of course, it wasn't the first thing that popped into my mind.

On 4/1/2019 at 10:45 AM, wannawatch said:

You just have to find yourself a nice 24/7 gym, get your own key and at night the whole gym will be yours ! 

(also a lot of weirdo's in at those hours, but I think somebody just as easy could think that of me ..😉)

Wishing you luck with your training !

Right. The gym I go to is 24/7, so it's kind of nice to be able to go at night when it's empty, but there are still people there. It's insane. I'm going in a couple minutes and I'm going to load up on water and hydration. We'll see what happens. :P

On 4/1/2019 at 2:17 PM, WetDave said:

I don’t go to the gym but I do find that exercise exacerbates a need to pee. I swim, and my bladder capacity limits my time in the pool. I end up hurrying to the showers and peeing through my swim trunks in the shower. 

Swimming always made me have to pee anyways. I'm not sure why, but the minute I jumped in, I immediately had to go. Normally, I'd just step out, sit on the deck for a second, pee in my shorts, and hop back in. My ex and I used to do that all the time. We'd get out, sit on the deck, wet ourselves, and hop back in. That's one of the few good memories I remember from her lol It's kind of gross wearing peed in clothes back into the pool, but it never seemed like a bad thing at the time.

I understand that's different from swimming for exercise or even competitive swimming, but yeah. Kind of the same thing. I'm also going to start biking this summer. I'm wondering if it'll be the same thing. I'm not planning on stopping to pee anywhere, so I need to figure out the easiest pants to wear to either stick my junk out the leg and go or just go in the pants. There's gotta be something that doesn't show wetness like black gym shorts and something like elastic briefs, right?

Should be a fun summer. lol