Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bizarre Norwegian children's tv show with a fixation on bodily fluids

This is just super weird. NRK is the Norwegian state broadcaster, like BBC in the UK. I was browsing an entirely unrelated reddit thread when someone from Norway said they refuse to pay their tv license because of a particular show they produce called "Ville Veier" (Wild Ways). It's produced for NRK Super, their children's programming channel, and this particular show has a stated target audience of 11-12 year-olds. The format of the show appears to be that the presenters and semi-famous guests perform various challenges, usually involving gross and/or embarrassing acts in public. Sort of like a Jackass lite. And they appear to have a bizarre fascination with bodily fluids. I honestly don't know how I feel about using tax money to fund this kind of stuff, but then again I don't actually pay for my license (not deliberately avoiding it, but I haven't received any bills and I'm not keen to remind them).

I don't know of a way to actually watch the show in full online that isn't geoblocked outside Norway, but you can see a couple of scenes here which I think is available internationally. Or if you can access NRK TV via a Norwegian IP you can search for the name of the show. Anyway, it's just gross-out tv, nothing remotely sexy about it IMO so you're not missing much. Here are some of the challenges they've done that stood out to me:

* Make an omelette, eat it, vomit it up, make another omelette from the vomit and eat that. WTF?

* Drink a teaspoon of someone else's urine

* Piss into your own mouth

* Openly wear a diaper in public and gather 10 signatures on it. Bonus points for pissing in the diaper afterwards.

* Drink a cup of coffee made from instant coffee powder and piss

* Wash your mouth with toilet water

* Convince a stranger to carry you 100m while you suck your thumb and babble/cry like a baby

* Eat a snowcone made from snow you've pissed on

Here's a screengrab from the diaper challenge (warning: male diaper content)

Spoiler

864471244_Utennavn.png.8f917c1c6fee88349ba0f634b3027721.png

1741010631_Skjermbilde(27).thumb.png.bad81ca3380c86e883cde62e981782c5.png

I feel like such an old fart for saying this, but this isn't what children's tv looked like when I grew up. Glad I didn't run into these weirdos when they were filming.

They did add a disclaimer to the latest season stating that "this programme contains scenes that can be seen as offensive or bizarre, viewer discretion advised." Glad public money is being put to good use! I assume this is something that 11-12-year-olds actually enjoy since they've made 4 seasons all in the same style.

• 2 weeks later...