Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Cloth inside disposable

Has anyone ever tried this?

Putting a cloth (no plastic backing) diaper inside of a disposable to increase its capacity? I've done this a few times and since I really like how wet cloth diapers feel while yearning for the extra capacity of a good disposable, I like it a lot. I mostly use training pants as an insert though because they aren't as bulky as proper cloth diapers and therefore fits inside of disposables a bit better. Though I'd like to try this with a thicker cloth diaper at some point.

• 1 month later...

Hi TiniestGalaxy I do a similar thing. I recently obtained a cloth fitted diaper from amazon, (you know the type, that fastens with press studs and you put inserts in the lining), and I find that putting a depend super+ inside makes it really bulky and it can take an enormous amount of wettings and if you have a poopy accident it keeps the fitted nappy clean for the washer. I now wear nappies full time and hardly ever go on the potty any more. You get the best of both worlds, the snugness of a terry nappy with pretty pictures on and the convenience of a disposable,   Happy days 👶