Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

12 minutes ago, Mydnyght68 said:

We need new clothes. And not just the jacket and shoes near the apartment door. There was a wardrobe in (what we think is) the bedroom, right?

-Go to bedroom

-Go to wardrobe

-Use wardrobe doors

1 minute ago, Name not found said:

Commands:

/goTo(bedroom)

/find(clothes[clean])

/use(clothes[clean])

Combining commands.

Executing command: Go to bedroom. Executing command: Use wardrobe.

Holding the towel with one hand you re-enter the bedroom. Or, bedroom/living room/kitchen, as it seems. You open the wardrobe and take a good look at the clothes you find inside. You shuffle through the undewear. Nothing too fancy here. Mostly regular panties in different colors, some boyshorts, a couple of mostly plain bras. There's a dark pantyhose, a black thigh-length skirt, some jeans, mostly washed out, another hoodie, red this time, a regular sweater and a couple of different colored t-shirts and tank-tops. "I don't exactly dress to impress, huh? Now what should I choose..."

You're naked but for the towel that is wrapped around you. You feel slightly cool, little goosebumps start forming on your arms and upper body.

• Health: Good
  • Condition: Good
  • Mood: Mostly calm, albeit still confused.
  • Hunger: 2
  • Thirst: 6
  • Tiredness: 4
  • Bladder: 3
  • Hygiene 10

Attribute recalculation in progress... 40% done

• Strength: 1
  • Endurance: 2
  • Agility: 2
  • Intelligence: 3 

Skill Points remaining: 6

Hint: You can allocate a skill point when ever you input a command.

Input command:

35 minutes ago, Name not found said:

Commands:

/skillAdd(type=agility)

/goTo(bedroom)

/find(clothes[type=clean])

/use(clothes[type=clean])

Non-Commands:

Will we gain more skill points later on, and if so, how?

[short off-topic post to answer your edited question! I haven't planned on adding more skill points yet, but that might change, depending on how long the story will take to come to an end! There will be other skills though that will get added to the game as you discover them, and these skills will have governing attributes, meaning that you will not be able to train a certain skill further than the governing attribute allows it. I'll put some examples of possible skills and governing attributes in the spoiler below: ]

Spoiler

All skills can be leveled up to 100. If a skill has one governing attribute, it can not be higher than ten times the value of its governing attribute. Some skills might have more than one governing attribute, sometimes the governing attributes get split unequally, for example 70% strength, 30% agility, meaning to get that skill to 100 you'd need at least 7 strength and 3 agility.

Some examples, there will probably be more skills:

Hacking, governing attribute intelligence

Psychic powers, governing attribute intelligence

Blunt weapons, governing attribute strength

Energy swords, governing attributes 70% agility, 30% strength

Ballistic weapons, governing attribute agility

34 minutes ago, Mydnyght68 said:

/take(bra)

/wear(bra)

/take(boyshorts)

/wear(boyshorts)

/take(hoodie)

/wear(hoodie)

/take(jeans)

/wear(jeans)

[I'll allow it once more, but for the sake of continuity and understandability for others, please try sticking with established commands, e.g. "use bra" (weird form to put it, I know, but that's how point&click adventures worked. 😉 , or maybe "take bra" followed by "self: put on clothes". Less professional, true, but more understandable. ]

Executing commands.

You decide to go for a simple combination of a regular bra, some boyshorts (comfy!), jeans and the red hoodie. The jeans have a little hole just over the left knee, but they're still good enough. The hoody feels surprisingly soft and comfortable on your skin. You put on the hood, giving you a nice and protected feeling, helping you calm down considerably. For the first time since you woke up you now feel like your thoughts are starting to focus a little bit. "Okay. Just stay calm. It'll be okay. One problem at a time. I can do this. Now, how do I find out what happened to me... and most of all, who I am."

You're snuggling your hoodie. You feel a lot calmer, and a lot warmer. Your hair is still slightly wet from the shower, but the hood is keeping your head nice and warm. Your feet are naked, but they're warm enough for now. Your throat feels somewhat parched.

• Mood: Calm, focused.
  • Hygiene 10

Attribute recalculation in progress... 50% done

• Endurance: 2
  • Agility: 3

Skill Points remaining: 5

Input command:

Edited by mad the cat (see edit history)
7 minutes ago, S19YellowPengu said:

Open fridge

Add one point to endurance

[Command 'open' would be too specific, classic point&click style would be just 'use fridge' (even if it sounds strange), but I'll allow it for now]

Executing command: Use fridge

"First things first. I'm pretty thirsty right now." You move over to the fridge and open it to take a look at it's contents. You see a few bottles of water, some nutri-bars and a couple of packaged insta-meals.

You playfully wiggle your naked toes on the ground while you're shifting through the fridge. You feel comfortable.

• Hygiene 10

Attribute recalculation in progress... 60% done

• Endurance: 3

Skill Points remaining: 4

Input command:

13 minutes ago, S19YellowPengu said:

Take and Drink one water bottle

Take Nutri-bars

(Should I allocate another skill point? I'm gonna say no and let others choose)

[That's very considerate of you! Good choice, thanks! 🙂 ]

Executing command: Use water bottle

You take one of the bottles, open it and finish all of it in a matter of seconds. "Phew! That's so much better! I really was thirsty!"

Executing command: Take nutri-bars

You decide to grab the nuti-bars. Never know when you might need them.

5 nutri-bars added to inventory.

Error: Unable to apply inventory configuration.

Resetting inventory...

Reloading HUD...

Success!

Inventory added.

Hint: Type /inventory to see your current belongings.

You're still standing in front of the open fridge. You can make out the rumbling sound of a train passing close by, while rain keeps on beating down against your window.

Your tummy feels a little bloated from the bottle of water you just drank, but you're not thirsty anymore. You feel cautiously hopeful. You're sure this was all just a big misunderstanding and will soon resolve itself. You'll get your memory back, and everything will be fine.

• Hunger: 3
  • Thirst: 0
  • Tiredness: 5
  • Hygiene 10

Attribute recalculation in progress... 60% done

Skill Points remaining: 4

Input command:

Conflicting neuronal network inputs detected. Attempting synchronization...

Postponing conflicting command:

9 hours ago, Name not found said:

Commands

/skillAdd(type=strength)

/use(apartmentDoor)

/lookAt(surroundings)

[Skill point will be added right away though!]

Executing commands:

14 hours ago, Mydnyght68 said:

There was a computer in the apartment.

-Go to computer

-Use computer

You look around your appartment once more, considering your next step, when your glance meets the desk. "Right. Computer. That just has to yield some answers." You move over to the computer. It's nothing too fancy, but definitely in much better shape than the rest of the appartment. Custom built, by the looks of it. Behind the monitor red and yellow neon lights keep flashing through the window, slightly distracting you for a second. You power on the computer. It starts to boot, but doesn't get very far. All the data seems to be password-protected, and it won't even boot the OS.

Intelligence check failed.

For a few seconds it almost seems like you can recall the password, hidden somewhere in the depths of memories that are mostly gone or damaged, but the more you try to focus on it, the more it slips away into oblivion.

Modifier: Mood = focused

"Deep breaths. Focus. You can do this. You know this password. This is your computer. Relax. Take it slow."

Attempt to focus on remembering password? Input 'YES' or 'NO'.

Attribute recalculation in progress... 70% done

• Strength: 2

Skill Points remaining: 3

9 hours ago, Name not found said:

Non-Commands

I’ve played enough RPG games to know that one stat can’t be too low

Spoiler

[True, but if you spread your points too much you might end up sucking at everything. 😉 ]

Attempt to focus on remembering password? Input 'YES' or 'NO'.

1 hour ago, Name not found said:

Commands

/skillAdd(type=intelligence)

/y

Non-Commands

Good point

[I've been allowing this until now because I really like how you put things in actual commands, but honestly, this might be too confusing for others to follow, so for the sake of others who might not understand this, please try sticking to simple point&click commands such as "use ..." or "take ..." from now on. ]

Trying to remember the password: Difficulty = 50. Roll: D100 + Intelligence*10 + 10 from mood=focused.

Rolling D100...

[I'm actually using an RNG for the rolls, so don't blame me if stuff goes wrong. 😉 ]

Rolled 32 + 30 + 10 = 72.

Success!

You relax. Breathe in. And breathe out. Little by little you manage to pull the memory back from the depths of subconsciousness. You somehow feel like before all this you had made very sure you'd never forget this password. With your nerves calmed down and your mind focused, you find the confidence necessary to recall the one bit of information you need the most right now. With shaky hands you start typing the password. What if you were wrong? What if the system locks you out forever?

Input password: ******************

"Come on... please... yes!! It worked! It's booting up! I knew I could do it!"

Happy with your success and still shaking a little from the adrenaline rush, you can't help but smile as you wait for the system to finish booting. And then it's done. The desktop is empty but for an e-mail program and a web browser.

For the first time tonight things have gone right for you. You feel positively giddy. There's a slight tinge in your bladder, but it's barely noticable.

• Mood: Happy
  • Bladder: 4
  • Hygiene 10

Active modifiers: Bladder ++ (Adrenaline rush, full belly)

Attribute recalculation in progress... 80% done

• Intelligence: 4

Skill Points remaining: 2

Input command:

[While I like the idea of using classic adventure game like commands, it generally seems to confuse people more than it helps. Should we just scratch them, and who ever wants to participates writes their stuff free-form and I convert it to commands if I find it applicable?]

13 hours ago, JTeam_ said:

Check your email.

Converting command...

Executing command: Use email

You open your mailbox. It's empty but for one single mail. You open the mail.

Tue, 10 April 2083

To: 590360156@ .org

Subject:

They're onto you! Move!!

And that's it. "Wow. That was... underwhelming. And worrying. Did the mean me? Who's onto me?"

You're standing in the appartment at the computer.

There's a slight twinge in your bladder, but it's barely noticable.

• Mood: Happy
  • Hygiene 10

Active modifiers: Bladder + (full belly)

Attribute recalculation in progress... 80% done

Skill Points remaining: 2

Input command:

tl;dr

Look through the apartment for all useful and/or convenient to take items and take them. +1 to Agility. If something can't be searched for items, save it in a list to see if there is some condition required to search it. If an item can't be taken, save it in a list to see if there is some condition required to take it.

Actual Post:

// Would it be possible to get a rundown on all the things in the apartment in one place?

savedObjects = []

savedItems = []

for object in apartment:

// Examples: Desk, Fridge, Table, Counter Top, etc.

if object.hasItems == True

accessible = True

try:

use object

except: // In case something has to be done to access the items

savedForLater.append(object)

accessible = False

if accessible:

for item in object:

if item.canBeTaken == True:

if item.isCumbersome == False or item.necessity == True or item.usefulness == Very:

try:

take item

except:

savedItems.append(item)

agility.add()

Guest JTeam_

if  <(distance to [cabinet])=<50ft
 then
  go to [cabinet]
    if <[cabinet] contains [painkillers] ?>
     then
      add [painkillers] to [inventory]

else
repeat (3)
 sneeze

end

end

4 hours ago, Unbeknownst said:

tl;dr

Look through the apartment for all useful and/or convenient to take items and take them. +1 to Agility. If something can't be searched for items, save it in a list to see if there is some condition required to search it. If an item can't be taken, save it in a list to see if there is some condition required to take it.

Actual Post:

// Would it be possible to get a rundown on all the things in the apartment in one place?

savedObjects = []

savedItems = []

for object in apartment:

// Examples: Desk, Fridge, Table, Counter Top, etc.

if object.hasItems == True

accessible = True

try:

use object

except: // In case something has to be done to access the items

savedForLater.append(object)

accessible = False

if accessible:

for item in object:

if item.canBeTaken == True:

if item.isCumbersome == False or item.necessity == True or item.usefulness == Very:

try:

take item

except:

savedItems.append(item)

agility.add()

[That was awesome. 😄 However, I can't just let you write a code for searching and taking everything in the room, that would be cheating. You could do that in pretty much every room you find. That's basically using the console to give you any item you want. Sorry. So were gonna do it like this for now: ]

Converting commands...

Executing command: Look

You leave the computer be for now, and decide to take another look at the room to consider your options. Desk with computer, window behind it, hallway to your right, table in the middle of the room with some objects on it, food and broken plate scattered next to the table, fridge to your left, cooking plates and a microwave next to it, bed in the corner, puddle between bed and table ("thanks for reminding me..."). Yup, everything's how you left it.

9 minutes ago, JTeam_ said:

if  <(distance to [cabinet])=<50ft
 then
  go to [cabinet]
    if <[cabinet] contains [painkillers] ?>
     then
      add [painkillers] to [inventory]

else
repeat (3)
 sneeze

end

end

Error: Missing object: cabinet

You feel a sudden, very strong tingle in your nose.

"Haa..haaaa....HACHOO! HACHOO! HACHOO! ... haaa..... wha.. what was that all about?"

There's a slight twinge in your bladder, but it's barely noticable. You're still standing on bare feet, your feet are slightly cool. Your hair has dried, so you take off the hood.

• Mood: Indifferent
  • Hygiene 10

Active modifiers: Bladder + (full belly)

Attribute recalculation in progress... 90% done

• Agility: 4

Skill Points remaining: 1

[Disclaimer for anyone who might be reading this and didn't understand a word: You don't have to input your commands this way, just write down what ever you want to do. 😉 ]

Preparing to go outside:

Roll for shoes. (Thumbs up to whoever gets that reference.) Also, take the extra bottles of water. I can't remember if it was raining outside. If it was, also search for a rain jacket, poncho, or the ilk and put it on.

I was writing a function for determining what to wear, but that just became too much of a headache to be worth it considering I'm garbage at optimization problems.

Guest JTeam_
42 minutes ago, Unbeknownst said:

Preparing to go outside:

Roll for shoes. (Thumbs up to whoever gets that reference.) Also, take the extra bottles of water. I can't remember if it was raining outside. If it was, also search for a rain jacket, poncho, or the ilk and put it on.

I was writing a function for determining what to wear, but that just became too much of a headache to be worth it considering I'm garbage at optimization problems.

Can you believe we're writing programs for something that isn't even a real computer?