Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Too good to be true and content warnings

I have an experience of desperation that I would like to share in Wetting Experiences.

However I'm concerned that people might doubt it as it seems like one of those 'too good to be true' situations. This is something I worry about quite frequently on here particularly as a young female. Like if someone was going to make a load of stuff up they would probably pretend to be a young female and tell the sorts of stories I'm telling about sharing cubicles with friends on nights out and several of us being desperate at once (while also wearing revealing outfits and stuff). I worry that people will think it's made up but it's literally just what being a young, female university student is like. I've already had one person send me a message asking if an experience I had recounted was actually true or if it was exaggerated.

The story that I'm particularly nervous about sharing involves me and two girls that I met in a club all ending up desperate to pee in the back of a police car waiting to be taken to the police station.

I also have another concern about this story because the reason that we ended up being taken to the police station was because one of the other girls was assaulted. I obviously would gloss over this with no more detail than I have given here but would it be okay to have that sort of content and how can I effectively TW it?

It would seem like the solution would be to not share that story but it's such a good one that I really do want to share it.

Does anyone have any advice or comments?

I don't think you should let what other people may think of your stories to deter you from writing about them. if you are worried about the possibility of somebody reporting your experience as being false or such, maybe write it in story form, and post it where the fiction/non-fiction stories go if people need a better suspension of disbelief (even if the story is true).. I know of a young punk gal within my town who is very open about her pee kink, and just about everyone within her group is aware, but honestly you probably wouldn't believe her, until she pee's on you without warning. that's a little on the very extreme side, but that would be my only comparison to what situation you are in.

Edit: This is only my opinion, and I by no means am an expert on this site specifically. There may be other people who are much more experienced on this site on how such a task should be tackled. I wish you best of luck, and hope to read your experiences soon!

Edited by AriesTheRam (see edit history)
10 minutes ago, AriesTheRam said:

I don't think you should let what other people may think of your stories to deter you from writing about them. if you are worried about the possibility of somebody reporting your experience as being false or such, maybe write it in story form, and post it where the fiction/non-fiction stories go if people need a better suspension of disbelief (even if the story is true).. I know of a young punk gal within my town who is very open about her pee kink, and just about everyone within her group is aware, but honestly you probably wouldn't believe her, until she pee's on you without warning. that's a little on the very extreme side, but that would be my only comparison to what situation you are in.

Edit: This is only my opinion, and I by no means am an expert on this site specifically. There may be other people who are much more experienced on this site on how such a task should be tackled. I wish you best of luck, and hope to read your experiences soon!

Do you think if I put it in the fiction section and stated at the top that it's true that would be better? I suppose that would allow me to flesh out some gaps and think about the pacing as well without feeling like I have to make it shorter or summarised as I would in the Wetting Experiences section.

And that is an extreme example. None of my friends are into it (as far as I know haha) but it's just the nature of things that we go out, get absolutely hammered, this makes us desperate to pee very quickly, and we all share cubicles and stuff because we don't want to lose each other (honestly when you're all wasted your friends just disappear if you let them leave your sight) and we have zero inhibitions. There's always that cubicle with two toilets in and we'll be sat there discussing things we'd never talk about sober such as the sexual prowess of our boyfriends and that one strangely long hair down below hahaha

And I get that this may all sound a bit implausible to someone that hasn't had the same experience.

6 minutes ago, Ell19 said:

And I get that this may all sound a bit implausible to someone that hasn't had the same experience.

There will always be people who may have negative outlooks or opinions, maybe even doubtful, but at the end of the day it is a story, and it sounds enjoyable (obviously enough to want to share it with is great community!)  to read. I would think, or like to believe that you'll be met with positive reception 🙂 If you'd like to place a disclaimer, you could! I see no harm in at least trying, if that's a story you feel sharing 😄

I’ve felt very similar when posting real life experiences on here. On one hand, some things are hard to believe to be true, just because it seems too good to be true. On the other hand, there are lots of people on here that have had “too good to be true” scenarios actually happen, but they don’t exactly feel comfortable posting photographic evidence 😅

So on that note, I think that you shouldn’t think too much about what others think of your stories on here. At the end of the day, if it really happened then it really happened, and I would definitely love to hear about it 🙂

18 minutes ago, Ell19 said:

Do you think if I put it in the fiction section and stated at the top that it's true that would be better? I suppose that would allow me to flesh out some gaps and think about the pacing as well without feeling like I have to make it shorter or summarised as I would in the Wetting Experiences section.

That’s what I’m going to start doing with a lot of my stories. I like to tell a good story, but I also don’t want to exaggerate or take creative license on a true event.

Posting a “fiction” however, and stating that it’s “heavily based on a true story,” now you have some flexibility to use real details, while omitting things too personal to post.

On a side note, I guarantee you that anyone who’s gone out with girls to a bar or club, knows that a few ladies sharing a stall is not the craziest thing you’ll see that night 😂 

Edited by Alex Oxford (see edit history)

I really wouldn’t worry about it. If it’s real, put it in the forum for real experiences. If anyone doubts it, it’s their problem and not on you to prove otherwise! There’s one or two that I’ve read that have indeed seemed rather unbelievable, and indeed some that have been called out on it. Life goes on though. With the stories and other content that you’ve posted already, which sort of sets the scene in advance, I’m pretty sure that it’ll come across as genuine anyway 🙂

On sites that have voting on comments (e.g. Reddit), I tend to downvote truth police on general principle, regardless whether or not I think they're right.  

Just write the story.  The people who enjoy the story will enjoy it.  Some of them will doubt it, but they'll enjoy it anyway.  As to the rest, they were destined to be a pain in your ass regardless.  Fuck 'em.

Also, I want to read this story.

While we're on the subject, is it super-unlikely that some girls have actually laughed at their own pee accidents to anyone who witnessed it or saw her wet outfit, or have at least been unashamed of it? Or can I believe that any such stories I heard are true? (I'd really like to believe them, I find the concept fascinating and it would mean that an accidental wetting isn't inherently terrible depending on the person)

Edited by The Dark Wolf (see edit history)
3 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

While we're on the subject, is it super-unlikely that some girls have actually laughed at their own pee accidents to anyone who witnessed it or saw her wet outfit, or have at least been unashamed of it? Or can I believe that any such stories I heard are true? (I'd really like to believe them, I find the concept fascinating and it would mean that an accidental wetting isn't inherently terrible depending on the person)

Ive never seen someone have an accident, so I don't truly know, but I think its possible, depending on the person. There are some who don't get embarrassed easily. And others who may laugh it off to hide their embarrassment. 

12 hours ago, The Dark Wolf said:

Though, I might not be a fan of the events around the wetting, so not sure about that, but it sounds like the others would be interested to hear.

I understand what you're saying about that and that was a hesitation of mine. But it's really a story of the three of us having a laugh together with some very lovely police men. The whole situation was handled very calmly and lightly and my friend has had a healthy view of what happened and recovered very well. 

If the whole thing had been traumatic I wouldn't want to recount it. 

I did go through a period of blaming myself (how could I have let myself get distracted so she could leave with him etc) but we've had group counselling together and talked it through and are all well adjusted on the situation. 

And we definitely had a laugh in the police car and in the station.

The girl in question will still happily talk about that night because some of it is funny and interesting and before the incident we were all having the best night we'd ever had. 

Just go for it.....don't let other people put you off.  My stories sometimes seem unbelievable even to me.    But they are a combination of a long life (Of course I am going to have had a lot more experiences if I am 40 years older than you) and the fact that early on I learned how to ask the right questions and get on to the subject of wettings..?  People are understandably jealous of experiences of others...But I always say, their time will come.

7 hours ago, Ell19 said:

I understand what you're saying about that and that was a hesitation of mine. But it's really a story of the three of us having a laugh together with some very lovely police men. The whole situation was handled very calmly and lightly and my friend has had a healthy view of what happened and recovered very well. 

If the whole thing had been traumatic I wouldn't want to recount it. 

I did go through a period of blaming myself (how could I have let myself get distracted so she could leave with him etc) but we've had group counselling together and talked it through and are all well adjusted on the situation. 

And we definitely had a laugh in the police car and in the station.

The girl in question will still happily talk about that night because some of it is funny and interesting and before the incident we were all having the best night we'd ever had. 

In that case, the content warning probably won't be an issue, since it sounds lighthearted enough.

On 2/18/2019 at 1:27 PM, Ell19 said:

I have an experience of desperation that I would like to share in Wetting Experiences.

However I'm concerned that people might doubt it as it seems like one of those 'too good to be true' situations. This is something I worry about quite frequently on here particularly as a young female. Like if someone was going to make a load of stuff up they would probably pretend to be a young female and tell the sorts of stories I'm telling about sharing cubicles with friends on nights out and several of us being desperate at once (while also wearing revealing outfits and stuff). I worry that people will think it's made up but it's literally just what being a young, female university student is like. I've already had one person send me a message asking if an experience I had recounted was actually true or if it was exaggerated. 

The story that I'm particularly nervous about sharing involves me and two girls that I met in a club all ending up desperate to pee in the back of a police car waiting to be taken to the police station. 

I also have another concern about this story because the reason that we ended up being taken to the police station was because one of the other girls was assaulted. I obviously would gloss over this with no more detail than I have given here but would it be okay to have that sort of content and how can I effectively TW it? 

It would seem like the solution would be to not share that story but it's such a good one that I really do want to share it.

Does anyone have any advice or comments?

I would say if it is an experience that really happened to you, and if you want to share it, to go ahead and put it in the experiences section.

I have had some experiences in the past that I was hesitant to share for various reasons, but among those reasons was the fear that I would be accused of having made it up.  So, I am sympathetic to your dilemma.  Ultimately, I think that when you create something, even if it is a retelling of an actual event, you need to be doing it for yourself.  It feels really good having your work validated by others, especially when it is in regard to a part of your life that you typically keep secret.  Because of this, though, it is easy to fall into the trap of creating primarily for others and not for yourself.  If you fall into this trap, you are setting yourself up for disappointment.  There is always going to be someone out there, regardless of your work, who is going to question it, be hypercritical, and not believe things that actually happened to you.

On the other hand, if the reasons you are posting are for yourself, and not to seek external validation, then who cares if some sad little person comes along spewing negativity.  That is their issue, not yours.  You aren't posting it for them.

In the past, I have called out people for posting things as true experiences when I have had doubts.  However, I called these stories out not because I felt they were too spectacular to be true, but because they referenced particular facts regarding areas that I have specialized knowledge of.  Due to my knowledge in these areas, I knew the facts they were claiming could not possibly be true, which is what drew the story into question for me.  For example, if you are going to write a fictional account involving a TV news reporter and pass it off as real, you may want to have some idea of how TV news actually works.  Otherwise, someone who has actual experience in that field will be able to obviously tell that it is a work of fiction.

Other purportedly true experiences that I have publicly questioned are due to completely unrealistic behaviors of the characters involved.  An example of this is a middle age man who has an accident in front of a group of teenage girls.  It is extremely doubtful that these girls who witness this are instantly going to become so aroused at this man's accident that they are going to invite him to a party and have an orgy with him, where they all end up wetting themselves because they all think it is so hot.  Even if these teenage witnesses were interested in wetting, it seems extremely unlikely that they had shared such a kink with all their friends, and they would invite an older stranger who just pissed himself to engage in sexual activities with all of them.

Even when I do call out stories though, I try to do so politely and I don't downvote someone because I suspect they may be untruthful.  I try to politely express why I question their account and ask them to explain.  It is always possible that the account is still mostly true, they just changed a few details or were trying to fill in some gaps and got some things wrong.