Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• 2 years later...

In regards to the first paragraph: she probably, just like you did, made her own research regarding LDS church and found the same things that made you quit the religion.  Some Christian denominations tend to “teach” the teachings of the Bible but twist them to fit their own needs and purposes.  This is in no way a shot a people who follow the LDS teachings or any other religion, if you’re a church goer (I am) keep going if that’s what makes you feel better or a better person.

In regards to the second paragraph: kudos my man. I envy you

Nice story.  I'll be honest though, I never really understood the various sexual hang-ups that a lot of religions have.  The anti-homosexuality aspect you could kinda explain as going against the idea that the primary purpose of sex is to procreate (from an ethical standpoint I disagree, but the logic's sound), but restrictions on positions and fetishes?  Never really understood why the big guy upstairs would object to doggy style or the occasional hand job, let alone a piss fetish...and whenever I tried to ask a theological scholar or pastor on the subject, they'd either give me the usual circular logic to avoid the question entirely or they'd just shrug and admit that they don't have an answer.

Edited by D0nt45k (see edit history)
  • 5 months later...

Actually the the first English translation of the Bible is the Geneva Bible. The King James Version was roughly 30 years later. One big difference and one clear illustration of distortions for political purposes: the word tyrant appears hundreds of time in the Geneva Bible but does not appear at all in the King James Version. Why? Because King James was a tyrant and offended by accusations of being a tyrant.

Disclaimer: Several years have passed since I was actively engaged in this topic.