Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Catheter to simulate incontinence?

I've never had a catheter in me, but it's my understanding they're basically a continuous drain for your bladder. So no urge to pee at all, it just comes out on its own without any effort. Is that accurate?

I've always wondered what that would feel like. Especially if there was no bag hooked up to the end of the cath and I just slowly leaked in my pants all day without having to try. I think I would really enjoy the experience and it might be worth the discomfort of inserting and removing the thing to give it a try. I'm also interested in exploring this at night... I have to get out of bed to pee once or twice each night and I think I'd get a better night's sleep if I never had the urge to pee at all and just slowly leaked into a diaper all night.

So, questions!

1. Do these things hurt going in or coming out? I'm male and not opposed to learning how to do this on myself, but I also don't want to damage anything.

2. I'm concerned about UTI risk. Normally these are hooked up to sterile bags to collect the urine, but I'd just be leaving the end of the tube open in my pants so I could enjoy the wetness all day. What's the risk here? I don't want to have to explain this to a doctor if I cause a problem for myself...

3. Any issues with leaving a catheter in for a couple of days? I'm thinking I'll set aside a weekend for this. I'm imagining insertion and removal will be uncomfortable, so I want to enjoy it as long as possible.

4. What happens if I get hard with this thing in me? I'm guessing masturbation would NOT be advisable? That warm wetness in my pants always turns me on...

5. Any other risks or things i should consider?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! And thank you!!

23 hours ago, 1wetfetish said:

I've never had a catheter in me, but it's my understanding they're basically a continuous drain for your bladder. So no urge to pee at all, it just comes out on its own without any effort. Is that accurate?

I've always wondered what that would feel like. Especially if there was no bag hooked up to the end of the cath and I just slowly leaked in my pants all day without having to try. I think I would really enjoy the experience and it might be worth the discomfort of inserting and removing the thing to give it a try. I'm also interested in exploring this at night... I have to get out of bed to pee once or twice each night and I think I'd get a better night's sleep if I never had the urge to pee at all and just slowly leaked into a diaper all night.

So, questions!

1. Do these things hurt going in or coming out? I'm male and not opposed to learning how to do this on myself, but I also don't want to damage anything.

2. I'm concerned about UTI risk. Normally these are hooked up to sterile bags to collect the urine, but I'd just be leaving the end of the tube open in my pants so I could enjoy the wetness all day. What's the risk here? I don't want to have to explain this to a doctor if I cause a problem for myself...

3. Any issues with leaving a catheter in for a couple of days? I'm thinking I'll set aside a weekend for this. I'm imagining insertion and removal will be uncomfortable, so I want to enjoy it as long as possible.

4. What happens if I get hard with this thing in me? I'm guessing masturbation would NOT be advisable? That warm wetness in my pants always turns me on...

5. Any other risks or things i should consider? 

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! And thank you!!

1) There are a few people who are into catheter play and somehow enjoy the insertion and removal of one.  Most people, however, describe it as being anywhere from severely uncomfortable to painful.

2) There is a huge risk of a UTI here.  Even when catheters are inserted in sterile, clinical settings there is a tremendous risk of infection.  Sometimes catheter procedures are done with antibiotics as a preventative measure because the infection risk is so high.  Your body doesn't have a lot of ways to protect itself from infections entering this way, as it is not an opening that would typically allow foreign material all the way up into the bladder.  Beyond just having the end of the catheter left open, even the process of inserting it should be done in a sterile setting.

3) The longer you leave it in, the higher the risk of infection.  You are really opening the door to a severe UTI here, and a severe UTI is much more dangerous than just discomfort and pain, the infection can travel to your kidneys and in the most severe cases even be fatal.  Your body has certain systems, like skin, that protect your insides from outside foreign infections.  You have an innate and adaptive immune system to deal with infections, but the first and most important line of defense is keeping your insides protected from the outside.  A catheter provides direct access from the outside to your insides with no protection in between, so there is a significant risk.

4) Getting hard with a catheter in could cause interal bruising of your urethra, resulting in quite a bit of pain, especially while urinating.  It also risks introducing semen into the bladder, which could be a nutrient source for bacteria and greatly increasing the risk of a UTI.

5) Inserting a catheter is a medical procedure that is best done in a sterile environment.  But even under a clinical setting there is a high risk of infection with this procedure.  Doing it on your own, and leaving the end of the catheter unprotected, is only going to compound this risk.  The worst case scenario here is serious kidney damage or even death, though that probably isn't terribly likely.

Being alive comes with a certain amount of risk.  We tolerate a certain amount of risk every day.  Every time you get in a car your life is in danger.  However, not all risk is equal.  It is up to you to determine how much risk you are willing to tolerate and if it is worth it for you, and that is an entirely personal decision.

Other people have given you pretty comprehensive info on the risks of this risky practice. The only thing I have to add is that I've tried this twice and didn't particularly enjoy it either time, even though I thought I would. The first time, the discomfort of inserting the catheter killed the mood for me and I removed it right away. The other time, once I got past the discomfort, I found that catheters somewhat simulate incontinence, but it's really (for me) the most boring type of incontinence.

Fun incontinence is where you get an urge to go and can't make it, or even when you suddenly notice that you're peeing yourself uncontrollably. With a catheter, urine doesn't really accumulate in your bladder, it exits as soon as it enters. So you never have an accident, you're just constantly dribbling. Also, even though the catheter wasn't necessarily uncomfortable, I never stopped feeling it. At no time could I fantasize that I was an incontinent person, because I constantly had the sensation of a tube in my dick.

This isn't discouragement or encouragement, just an experience.

Early signs of UTI are burning sensation when you pee.  A bit of burning is normal for the first few times you pee after a catheter is removed because the urethra gets a bit irritated by having the tube pushed and pulled through it however it should go away within a day or so at most and if it comes back, you probably have a UTI...  Urgency is another symptom.  I almost wet myself driving home from work that day because the irritation in the bladder causes it to want to empty.  It wasn't a hot omo experience LOL...

As for talking to the doctor, firstly I went to the urgent care rather than my primary doctor.  This was a deliberate choice so that I would get to see a doctor who would write me the antibiotic prescription I knew I needed and that I would never have to see again.  I'd rather my primary doctor didn't know about my kinks... 

I told the doctor that I thought I had a UTI, he asked about symptoms (burning, urgency), gave me a sample cup and said he'd be back in a few minutes.  He came back and said 'yep, you're right, you do have a UTI, which is quite strange and that he needed to figure out why because it could point to bigger problems.  I swallowed, took a deep breath and said that I had been recently catheterised.  He asked what kind of surgery I'd had, assuming I'd been in hospital.  With my face burning red, I told him it was not done medically and he said "I see..."  There was a vary awkward silent moment and then he said something like "Well, I'm going to write a prescription for some antibiotics, gave the usual speech about taking them properly and completing the course, that I should come back if the symptoms don't go away or get worse, said good bye and left the room.  

He was an older guy and I assume that he was experienced enough to have seen folks end up in his office for self-inflicted kinky reasons enough times to know what I was telling him.  All in all, he was as professional as he could possibly have been but I was *so* embarrassed...  

It did put me off catheter play for a while but not permanently, I've done it several times in the 3 or 4 years since that infection.  

Edited by xxxxx (see edit history)
  • 1 month later...
On 1/31/2019 at 5:21 PM, xxxxx said:

I tend to feel quite guilty for enjoying these types of play because (a) I'm simulating something that makes a lot of other people's lives miserable and (b) I feel ultimately incredibly selfish because I'm voluntarily inflicting this state upon myself when others have no choice and (c) I still have an element of control.  I can take the catheter out in just a couple of minutes and have my bladder control back at whim.  I'm not saying this to judge anybody, least of all myself, just to make people aware that these kinds of thoughts can be an after-effect of catheter play. 

Don't ever feel guilty for something you naturally and authentically enjoy. Also this whole "it makes other people's lives miserable" thing can be applied to almost anything; should I feel guilty for playing video games when so many others are addicts? I mean I get these thoughts too, but you must train yourself to recognize that they're not real; they're just opinions that are flat out incorrect.

My experience was very much like XXXXX's.  However, the doctor made sure I took the whole antibiotic routine by ordering me back to his office every other day and administering the antibiotic with what seemed to be a horse syringe.  It totaled 6 or 7 painful injections with continued pain on the ride home until I could get face down on a bed. 

Self cauterization and the UTI apparently created scares in my urethra.  That gave me even poorer control until they softened some.

Doctors have medically catheterized me twice.  They have tricks they do to prevent the urinary sphincter from clenching tight shut.  When done by a doctor or nurse, it does not hurt.  However, as it passes through the urinary sphincter, it feels (at least to me) like urine being forced out -- uncomfortable for me with nurses and doctors surrounding me.

A urinary infection can also attack nerves for orgasm feeling - reducing it some. 

• 4 years later...

I registered just to participate in necroposting, so I hope no one is upset at me for it.

Everything that's been said so far is relevant, but everyone will experience things a little differently. I have done this, given myself a UTI twice, and still play with it from time to time, partly because it is interesting, and partly because I am working on designing the perfect stent for a male and testing it on myself. I'd like to share my design, development, and testing progress, but I'm not sure if that is allowed. I also feel like if it is, it belongs in its own thread. This is about wearing, not making, devices to simulate urinary incontinence.

On the YMMV side, though, when I am wearing and seated, I don't drip constantly. I build up a little, and then it spurts out, and it is noticeable. I pee myself repeatedly and uncontrollably. Sometimes I just drip, and sometimes it's more like the real thing. But it definitely works to make you wake up wet instead of waking up needing to pee.....and honestly, that's the main reason I started the experiment in the first place.