Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

@Mickey in my comment about units, I assumed this was the problem. If you used the SI only and never converted between units, you just miscalculated.

On 1/20/2019 at 2:55 PM, Mickey said:

She had drank a shit ton too - 2 can of beers (1000mL), 2 glasses of wine (350mL) and 1 of water (250mL). That's like 1.5 litres of liquid

2*1000mL+2*350mL+250mL=2950mL, which corresponds to 2,95L (disregarding significance here on purpose), which is about 3L, not "like 1.5".

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Part-8: In Which the Bladders Win            (aka THE END) Chris opened his eyes as he heard the door open. Finally! He was beyond embarrassment - he knew he couldn't afford to remove the ha

Part-1: In which Karen meets Chris   (aka The Setup. Like all my fics, I start at the end - so you know what we'll work up to ? But after 4 paragraphs, the rest of the story is chronological) Ka

Part-4: In Which Karen and Chris Reach Their Limits    (aka the one which ends with two utterly desperate idiots, dying for a pee) She accepted the beer and they fell in to an easy conversatio

@ola93

Ah, that

The volumes are not per cup/glass/can. They are the totals - would have said each otherwise, or added the volumes beside the 'unit', not at the end ? I'm guessing conventions differ where you're from!

Beer cans are only available in 500mL here, though bottles come in 350mL and 750mL (don't ask) - which is why I specifically went with cans. Wine glasses, as per Google are 175ml on average - I'm taking 'em at their word. Water glasses are between 200 to 300mL here, so averaged out to 250mL.

And that is how it comes to ~1.5L (or exactly 1.6L)

Edited by Mickey (see edit history)
44 minutes ago, Mickey said:

@ola93

Ah, that

The volumes are not per cup/glass/can. They are the totals - would have said each otherwise, or added the volumes beside the 'unit', not at the end ? I'm guessing conventions differ where you're from!

Beer cans are only available in 500mL here, though bottles come in 350mL and 750mL (don't ask) - which is why I specifically went with cans. Wine glasses, as per Google are 175ml on average - I'm taking 'em at their word. Water glasses are between 200 to 300mL here, so averaged out to 250mL.

And that is how it comes to ~1.5L (or exactly 1.6L)

Ah  thanks, should've seen that. I have to admit I don't even know a formal convention for this. It somehow just feels to me like it is per glass/bottle. Probably has to do with what's at least usual in my culture indeed, I never even thought about that 'though.

This story was so insanely hot, I knew after reading the first chapter that this had the potential of being a classic and you did not disappoint. I love your writing style so much and your stories always seem to include all the things I'm into. There are very few writers on this site that write stories on exactly what I'm into but you are definitely one of them. I love double desperation that has intense desperation and I also love long stories with long buildups and you kill it. It would take forever to hit every point but pretty much every omo theme you did in this story is right up my alley. Oh and I also love how active you are right now! Most of my favorite writers aren't that active at the moment so it's awesome you're doing what you're doing. I hope this encourages you to keep writing stories because you're one of the best on the site in my eyes.

While I only really cared to see my suggestion come through you did a good job combining and paying off both. Feel free to use any more of my suggestions which you can go back and look for if you forget them in the future if you run out of ideas from other people.

• 2 weeks later...

@ola93 - Glad that's cleared up! :-D And I used the term convention loosely - I don't think there is a formal convention defined somewhere on this? I meant what's usual in my culture as well. The internet throws up interesting examples of cultural barriers sometimes ...

@luckymon2 - Aww! Thanks so much for writing that absolutely lovely comment! Your feedback always encourages me to write more. 

Thanks to the positive feedback I have gotten on my stories, I finally got the confidence to try my hand at writing stories in a fictional world. 'Shalin City' is in the works right now - I hope that'll hit many of your kinks too. The world will have a lot of people knowingly delaying trips to the bathroom, bladders gradually filling through a long day, and people being forced to squirm and watch as their significant others/best friends gets relief first. 

The first story in that world will be male only though - with a couple throwaway references to desperate women. I'll hope you still read it, because the other ideas I have for this world are double desperations, and the first one will set it all up :)

@Wombat48 - Hah! Welcome to the club. 

I am also surprised at just how much fun double desperations are. For my next post, I am doing male-only - mostly because I want to do some world building there, and putting two desperate characters was just cluttering the damn thing up. But I couldn't help putting in a few references to desperate women - because just knowing  there is a desperate woman around the achingly desperate man arouses me! 

Well, I guess it was a really good thing that I longed to attract views and so decided to insert female desperation in to my writing ?

@Melificentfan - Thank you for cheering me along! I really appreciate you leaving a comment on each chapter!

Edited by Mickey (see edit history)
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...