Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Sticking Your Foot in Your Mouth

As the title of the thread suggests, I am asking that people share a time when they metaphorically stuck their foot in their mouth. I'll start.  One time at work, a coworker in my department sent out an email inviting everyone to happy hour. Since I normally don't do that sort of thing, I thought I'd give it a try.  On the day of the happy hour event, I was casually talking to my boss and I asked him if he was going to the happy hour event too.  He knew nothing about it. Apparently he wasn't on the mass email and I didn't notice.  Thankfully he's a really laid back guy and was totally cool with it, although he did think my reaction was priceless.  Needless to say, I felt like an ass for the next couple of days after that.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, ♡~Nikolai~♡ said:

Well, when I was a kid, I actually stuck my foot in my mouth [prolly cuz of my autism. Thank God it doesn't affect me anymore] and got a disease on my chin. Ring worm. Or something like that. It was bad. 

Your autistic- explains a lot about your behaviour on this site 🙂

1 hour ago, ♡~Nikolai~♡ said:

Okay first off, my autism has been proudly under control for about 6-7 years. Secondly, we haven't spoken for months, so your first words to me after our little disagreement is uneeded and childish. Thirdly, insulting someone because of a disorder they were born with is just an asshole move. That's like laughing at a blind person for tripping over a small crack in the sidewalk and calling him a blind retard. It's just an asshole move. So back the fuck off, man. 

I meant it kindly- it just explains a lot about how you communicate-I have a lot of experience of autism and have the upmost respect

you really are very angry aren’t you? 🙂

20 hours ago, Wombat48 said:

I meant it kindly- it just explains a lot about how you communicate-I have a lot of experience of autism and have the upmost respect

you really are very angry aren’t you? 🙂

Dude, I communicate just like everyone else. All those years of annoying speech classes went towards communication and such. My autism has no effect on me whatsoever anymore because, as I've said before, I learned how to manage it and have it under control. 

I am not angry at all. I don't know where you got that idea from. I'm just telling you that going without talking to someone for months and lashing out at them for no reason whatsoever is rude and uncalled for. I never did and never will just lash out at you when I see you because, quite frankly, I'm not that kind of person. 

The past is over and done with. We obviously had a lot of disagreements and that's why we stopped talking to each other, and I believe it's best if it stays that way. I don't make friends with people who make fun of my autism nor do I make friends with people who judge me for having autism, or even see me differently because of some stupid diagnosis. If I hadn't mentioned I had autism, you would have never guessed.

Honestly, if you wanna talk about a mental disorder that actually affects my day-to-day life, then talk about my OCD.

4 minutes ago, ♡~Nikolai~♡ said:

Dude, I communicate just like everyone else. All those years of annoying speech classes went towards communication and such. My autism has no effect on me whatsoever anymore because, as I've said before, I learned how to manage it and have it under control. 

I am not angry at all. I don't know where you got that idea from. I'm just telling you that going without talking to someone for months and lashing out at them for no reason whatsoever is rude and uncalled for. I never did and never will just lash out at you when I see you because, quite frankly, I'm not that kind of person. 

The past is over and done with. We obviously had a lot of disagreements and that's why we stopped talking to each other, and I believe it's best if it stays that way. I don't make friends with people who make fun of my autism nor do I make friends with people who judge me for having autism, or even see me differently because of some stupid diagnosis. If I hadn't mentioned I had autism, you would have never guessed.

Honestly, if you wanna talk about a mental disorder that actually affects my day-to-day life, then talk about my OCD.

Wow- try reading what I actually wrote! Once again wasn’t making fun- sorry you saw it like that - I really am

18 minutes ago, KozmoFox said:

Hey. You. Listen good, and listen real close. I'm pretty good at reading into shade.

We do not take kindly to mocking the mentally disabled on this site. It will not happen again. You are done in this thread. You are not going to speak in this thread again. You are not going to speak again on the topic of the disabled. You will not be passive aggressive towards another member on behalf of their disability again. There will not be a single word more from you on this matter. I do not want to hear your justifications, and you will not speak them. This conversation is over.

If for some reason, you somehow completely misread anything I'm saying, and continue anyway...You will not receive a simple warning. You will not simply have privileges revoked. You will be banned. I am not leaving this open to any sort of interpretation.

I fall on the spectrum, as does my significant other. It is not an explanation for our behaviours, nor is it something you can stick to us to try and justify our differences. Nor will this be done to anyone else. Period. End of story.

I have made myself clear. And that is that. This is your one and only warning to never touch this subject with even a glance on this site, ever again. Sorry doesn't cut it.

Thank you so much, Koz. Wish I could give you a huge hug! ❤