Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Omo in The Orville

They really didn’t do too much with it though.

Bortus goes back to his home planet for his ritual once a year urination which is due to his bizarre alien biology.

There are one or two jokes about being relieved, and taking the piss, but that’s about it.

And they cut away from the ritual right after you hear Bortus undo his belt.

I know they can’t actually show anything, but you’d think they’d base more of the humor around Bortus getting desperate as the ritual gets closer.

5 minutes ago, Bothan1138 said:

They really didn’t do too much with it though.

Bortus goes back to his home planet for his ritual once a year urination which is due to his bizarre alien biology.

There are one or two jokes about being relieved, and taking the piss, but that’s about it.

And they cut away from the ritual right after you hear Bortus undo his belt.

I know they can’t actually show anything, but you’d think they’d base more of the humor around Bortus getting desperate as the ritual gets closer.

I mean, its Seth Mcfarlene

56 minutes ago, diokno44x said:

I mean, its Seth Mcfarlene

Well right. I expect some of the Family Guy style humor to leak in, but for the most part we only really saw that kind of humor in the Season 1 premier.

So far the humor in the Orville has thankfully been a different beast.

That being said, I expected them to go with more potty humor since the set-up for one of the main storylines of the episode was about Bortus going back to his home planet to pee.

11 minutes ago, Bothan1138 said:

Well right. I expect some of the Family Guy style humor to leak in, but for the most part we only really saw that kind of humor in the Season 1 premier.

So far the humor in the Orville has thankfully been a different beast.

That being said, I expected them to go with more potty humor since the set-up for one of the main storylines of the episode was about Bortus going back to his home planet to pee.

I mean, they DID mention that, well, they would invite people to watch Bortus take a piss.