Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

A Yellow Swan Lake

I finally managed to read the whole thing. It was a real pleasure! I have a bunch of notes I'll try to cobble together into a meaningful review.

This story is just what I wanted, with a woman who looks elegant and composed on the outside but hides an embarrassing personal problem. It's great how you contrast her graceful professional dancing on stage and her disheveled pee-dancing backstage. Rachel's bitchiness was quite entertaining, especially the part where she described a hypothetical accident on stage. I also greatly enjoyed the part where she loudly relieves herself while Eleanore suffers outside the door. It's a trope I've always enjoyed in desperation stories.

Great job with the details of Eleanore's costume. Such a mental image! If I had any complaint it'd be that you don't describe Eleanore and Rachel's features. The actions and sensations are described well throughout, and the grand finale is deliciously vivid. The last paragraph was arguably unnecessary. It might've been better to just cut to black after Rachel's insult.

Here's my favorite sentence: "'That should be me!' she thought, as her traitorous bladder throbbed in agreement."

You have a gift for words. Thank you so much for applying your talents to my request!