Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How to re-fill your bladder quickly (from the faucet!)

MODERATOR EDIT: DO NOT ATTEMPT THE ACTIONS DESCRIBED BELOW. You place yourself at extreme risk for infection and injury. Anyone doing so does so at their own risk, this post is archived for context only.

I'm completely new to posting here. I've been on this site for years now, but I've been pretty shy to actually post anything. But now my wife is divorcing me and I'm alone in a foreign country and looking for a community. Happy to get some feedback if I'm posting in the wrong place or anything, just tell me. 

This is an "experience" as the forum name says, but more like something I discovered that I thought might be useful to other people. 

TL;DR, it's possible to fill up your bladder directly from the tap (aka "faucet", for those living abroad). For those without the right household plumbing, an alternative is given below which also works.

Why?

First I'll say why this is useful. Depending on what you like about omorashi, reaching a full bladder quickly means you don't need to plan hours ahead. It also gives you the ability to "pee" (mostly water) multiple times in a session, if you want to have fun different ways.

If you just care about bladder pressure, for example you enjoy the pressure against your g-spot or prostate while having sex or whatever, this is a quick way to get the pressure without hours of hard work "holding on".

I imagine, but can't confirm in practice, that some willing partners would prefer watersports where the pee is really mostly water. I never introduced this technique to my ex wife, but I know she particularly didn't like the smell of urine, so this could have been a potential solution to have some level of compromise if I'd ever been comfortable enough to suggest it.

The downside of course is that it's not real pee, so it takes some of the fun out of it. Good for some things, not for others, YMMV.

First Method

I discovered this in the bath when I was a kid. I found that I could unscrew the shower head, leaving only the shower hose, which has an internal diameter of about half a centimeter (quarter or an inch). To do this method, you need to turn the flow rate right down, and make sure that the water isn't too hot. The speed of flow should be slower than the rate you'd normally pee at.

Then press the nozzle flush against your urethral opening. For men I think this is slightly more difficult because the hole is not "anchored" to the body and when you grip the head to anchor it you are also inevitably also tightening around the urethra which restricts flow. Although I haven't heard of any woman trying it so this is just speculation -- please comment if you do!

When you press the nozzle against your opening, if you've done it right you should feel your urethra inflate with water. Depending on how relaxed your urethral sphincter muscles are, water may flow immediately into your bladder (which has a sensation similar to peeing). Your urethra has two sphincter muscles -- one voluntary, and one involuntary. Relaxing the voluntary muscle is just mind over matter -- you just need to release as if you're peeing. To relax the involuntary sphincter, for me it helped to clench as if holding my pee (these two actions are contradictory, I know). By signaling to your body that you're voluntarily holding, your autonomic system may let go a bit, and then when you release your voluntary muscles as well then water may start to flow. So getting water in is a balance between clenching just enough but not too much (for me this is similar to the amount of clenching you do when you have an accident and you're really trying to hold on but your muscles are too tired to). This is most challenging the first few times since it's an unusual feeling and causes everything to "lock up", but gets easier as you learn to relax to let it in.

As water flows in, it may feel a bit like you're peeing, and your body may respond by tensing the detrusor muscle around your bladder to "kindly" help you expel. This is nothing to worry about, and I personally find this quite pleasant, especially as the bladder fills more, since it's almost like the sensation when you're having an accident -- your bladder may go from mildly tensing to the kind of contractions/spasms that happen when you have an accident.

Second Method

For those whose shower heads aren't detachable or are not on a shower hose, there's an alternative method I've tried with a lot of success. It might actually be a better method, but it requires a bit more prep.

Go to your hardware store and buy a few meters of flexible plastic tubing of about 3-5 mm internal diameter. Then fill a jug with warm water, and siphon the water out, following roughly the same method as above, holding the end of the tube against your urethra.

I found it makes things easier if you tape the other end of the tube to the inside of the jug using duct-tape so you don't need to worry about both ends. Put the jug somewhere reasonably high up -- I have a window sill in the bathroom that's just above head height. The water pressure is linearly proportional to the height difference between the water level in the jug and the exit of the pipe, meaning the higher the jug is, the harder the force.

If you use the same pipe multiple times, I suggest you sterilize it before each use by running boiling water through it, and don't let it sit around wet after each use (I swing it around rapidly to get all the drops out and then leave it out to dry). You don't want bacteria to grow in the pipe and then be washed into your body.

There are a few easy ways to start the siphon. The first is that you can suck a bit on the pipe. Just don't do it in such a way that you get bacteria from your mouth on the end of the pipe or inside it. It's obviously fine to have some mouth bacteria on a urethra (cunnilingus anyone?), but I'm sure it's not well studied as to what happens when such bacteria is forced all the way into your bladder. The second method which I use sometimes, is to pre-fill part of the pipe with water, for example by just submerging the whole pipe in the jug before you start. Block one end off with your finger (hope you've washed your hands) or put a kink in the end, and bring it out of the jug (and bring it below the level of the jug water), it will start flowing immediately on its own.

Once the water starts flowing, follow the same instructions as the first method.

Advantages of this method:

1. If you don't spill, you know exactly how much water went into your bladder.

2. You can carefully control the pressure by adjusting the height of the jug and height of your urethra. For example you can start out standing and then kneel down as you want to increase the pressure.

3. The pressure is generally a lot less than what's coming out of the tap/faucet. If your bladder contracts/spasms during the process to helpfully void, it's perfectly fine and will just force water back up the pipe, and then when it relaxes again you can fill further. I feel like this is probably healthier, since it gives your body a chance to do what it does naturally and won't force it past the pressure you choose.

4. This will also help when you're just getting started with this, because if you don't relax your muscles enough then nothing will happen. As opposed to the shower head method where if you don't release your muscles then the pressure in your urethra will just keep building up until it comes out somewhere (normally back out around the seal)

5. Although I haven't done this, you have better control over the type of water you use. You could use sterile water, or distilled water, water with coloring (your golden showers might not be golden anymore!), or flavored water. Artificial sweeteners are also known to naturally be expelled through the urinary system and are probably safe to use. I would avoid sugars and juices obviously because they facilitate bacterial growth (if you do use any exotic substances, be sure to drink lots of water to flush them out afterward).

6. You can control the flow of water by putting a kink into the pipe. So once you have the siphon started, you can can stop the flow until you're ready for it.

7. The smaller pipe is easier to perfectly place on your urethra, and easier to get a good seal

There is also a hybrid method where you slide a plastic pipe into the shower hose which provides some advantages of both.

Warnings:

- I am not a doctor. If you feel uncomfortable doing this, just don't. 

- In the case of the shower-head, sometimes air can get into the bladder along with the water. This hasn't caused me any problems, but it's the weirdest feeling when it comes out again! (in little bubbles)

- Women have another advantage here in that they don't have anything else attached to the urethra -- the urethral opening connects straight to the bladder -- while men have the ejaculatory duct and testicles linked into the same "pipe". Sometimes some slight discomfort can result, but for me it goes away and has not been a problem. 

- Since your muscles aren't tired from holding for hours to get to a certain fullness, you might be physically capable of holding a lot more than you really should. Bear this in mind when judging your limits.

- I guess it goes without saying that you should be careful how hard you push yourself. When you're holding naturally, your body essentially has a safety measure where eventually you'll just have an accident if you hold too much. But using these methods, you have to decide your level of safety yourself.

Anyway. Let me know what you think of it, and if you have have any issues. It would be great to have both female and male instructional photos on here (maybe not right at the top of the thread through in case some people don't want to see that). I will be happy to contribute from the male side but only if someone from the female side is able to help out as well.

I'm also really curious to know what kinds of problems people run into.

Thanks for the comment Ronyo. I think on a site such as this, it's quite common for people to do what isn't "meant to" be done. Most commonly on here this means holding more than you naturally should. In natural, animals go whenever they feel the need, while humans have constructed complex social norms restricting people from going, and many on this site probably take that even further and do it more often than most.

But yes, as with many things fetish-related, everyone should be careful.

It has to be well water if its in the shower. city water has chlorine and will give you a burning feeling so  cant do it with city water. so that then leaves the distilled water and small tube for those. some wrestlers use that method to beat the hydration test so they can wrestle at a lower weight then their real weight.  run water in and out a few times so its totally clear then when they go to pee for the hydration test instead of the deep yellow you get when dehydrated. the warnings are important,. never push to where its painful. and uti is a risk specially for older people. mostly teens doing it for wrestling and the risk is lower there as the immune system is stronger when younger. Have you been doing this for a long time??? 

Thanks trackboy. I didn't know about the wrestlers -- that's very interesting.

I used to do this more often when I was in high school, then I didn't do it for a while and started picking it back up again recently (I'm now 33).

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:56 PM, Channing said:

Thanks trackboy. I didn't know about the wrestlers -- that's very interesting.

I used to do this more often when I was in high school, then I didn't do it for a while and started picking it back up again recently (I'm now 33).

did you do that a lot when you was in high school"???  had sports at your school??   

On 12/4/2018 at 8:05 PM, trackboy said:

It has to be well water if its in the shower. city water has chlorine and will give you a burning feeling so  cant do it with city water. so that then leaves the distilled water and small tube for those. some wrestlers use that method to beat the hydration test so they can wrestle at a lower weight then their real weight.  run water in and out a few times so its totally clear then when they go to pee for the hydration test instead of the deep yellow you get when dehydrated. the warnings are important,. never push to where its painful. and uti is a risk specially for older people. mostly teens doing it for wrestling and the risk is lower there as the immune system is stronger when younger. Have you been doing this for a long time??? 

What?!?!  I have never heard of this, ever, and it seems dumb as fuck. Being young won't help you stave off infections if you shove non sterile water inside your urethra... bacteria is bacteria once it's in your bladder. It might help you clear it quicker when in the bloodstream, but this is just incredibly idiotic. And what warnings are important, never push to where it's painful?

No, the answer is never do it. Ever. It's dumb.

If you MUST do catheter play, you need to buy sterile water/sterile saline AND be sterile when inserting the catheter. please don't take the advice of "just be careful and stop if it's painful"

Ok, there's a lot of negative feedback from everyone on this.

One misnomer I'd like to clarify is the thinking that any bacteria in your bladder will cause a UTI. The bladder is not sterile. A healthy urinary tract already contains bacteria. A healthy immune system can keep the balance of good and bad bacteria. Putting additional foreign bacteria into your bladder is not helping it, for sure, and may contribute to a UTI, so I'm not saying you shouldn't be careful.

Another thing I'd like to say is that I've done this quite a few times without any negative repercussions, so anyone claiming that you definitely will get a UTI is just plain incorrect. It depends on your body and if you're particularly susceptible to UTIs then perhaps you shouldn't do this or take additional precautions. Anyone is welcome to do it or not do it, and I've just provided guidance and cautions for those who want to try it.

Lastly I'd like to say that phrases like "incredibly idiotic" and "it's dumb" are very subjective and don't say anything concrete that would help someone understand whether or not they should do something if it's something they want to do. You're saying they shouldn't do it because you think it's dumb. Surely many people think that peeing your pants is dumb, or holding your pee, or wearing diapers for fun, or any number of other things that people on this site like?

I also find these kinds of phrases insulting and disrespectful. Bear in mind that I'm a human being and putting this stuff on a forum is exposing something very private and sensitive about myself. If you want to disagree with me, there are more respectful and constructive ways to do it.

This is such an interesting idea for a drawing or comic, mostly with all the detail given, you just would have to give a few... ok maybe many warnings. I have heard similar ideas used many times in fiction writing but not yet with to this much detail. 

I will never do this if I'm sane or recommend it to anyone but I still thank you for the inspiration.

Just... stop trying to justify it, people are more afraid of kidney and bladder diseases than you would expect, me included, it's expected for people to be angry.

Also, something that no one has mentioned yet, I'm pretty sure that when running water on reverse through your body you run the chance of getting it back into your kidneys, now that's a truly scary thought.

Edited by Bombality (see edit history)
On 12/6/2018 at 6:40 PM, JustMike said:

Ok, there's a lot of negative feedback from everyone on this.

One misnomer I'd like to clarify is the thinking that any bacteria in your bladder will cause a UTI. The bladder is not sterile. A healthy urinary tract already contains bacteria. A healthy immune system can keep the balance of good and bad bacteria. Putting additional foreign bacteria into your bladder is not helping it, for sure, and may contribute to a UTI, so I'm not saying you shouldn't be careful.

Another thing I'd like to say is that I've done this quite a few times without any negative repercussions, so anyone claiming that you definitely will get a UTI is just plain incorrect. It depends on your body and if you're particularly susceptible to UTIs then perhaps you shouldn't do this or take additional precautions. Anyone is welcome to do it or not do it, and I've just provided guidance and cautions for those who want to try it.

Lastly I'd like to say that phrases like "incredibly idiotic" and "it's dumb" are very subjective and don't say anything concrete that would help someone understand whether or not they should do something if it's something they want to do. You're saying they shouldn't do it because you think it's dumb. Surely many people think that peeing your pants is dumb, or holding your pee, or wearing diapers for fun, or any number of other things that people on this site like?

I also find these kinds of phrases insulting and disrespectful. Bear in mind that I'm a human being and putting this stuff on a forum is exposing something very private and sensitive about myself. If you want to disagree with me, there are more respectful and constructive ways to do it.

You're comparing someone calling something that is a health risk dumb equivalent to a social taboo being dumb? They are not equivalent.

It is dumb to shove nonsterile water in your bladder. It is not "dumb" to pee your pants, unless the circumstance makes it so. It is not "dumb" to hold your pee... it would be dumb to solder your urethra shut in order to keep holding.

There does exist sterile water, and sterile tubing if you want to do catheter play. Use it.

8 hours ago, LOLC2k said:

You're comparing someone calling something that is a health risk dumb equivalent to a social taboo being dumb? They are not equivalent.

It is dumb to shove nonsterile water in your bladder. It is not "dumb" to pee your pants, unless the circumstance makes it so. It is not "dumb" to hold your pee... it would be dumb to solder your urethra shut in order to keep holding.

There does exist sterile water, and sterile tubing if you want to do catheter play. Use it.

Yes, true, some things are just social taboos and are not necessarily health risks. Peeing your pants or wearing a diaper is not a health risk and is just taboo. Holding your pee or drinking lots of water in a short time are health risks, which can lead to UTIs, kidney problems, or in some cases death. Some things people do come with more risk than others, but calling someone else's behavior "dumb" isn't a constructive way of calling out the risks or disagreeing with the practice.

Contrast these two responses:

1. "I strongly advise against this practice. You risk nasty infections and could potentially harm your urethra and bladder."

2. "What?!?!  I have never heard of this, ever, and it seems dumb as fuck."

The respective authors of these messages were essentially saying very similar things, in very different ways. It's possible to get your point across without being insulting and demeaning.

1 hour ago, JustMike said:

Yes, true, some things are just social taboos and are not necessarily health risks. Peeing your pants or wearing a diaper is not a health risk and is just taboo. Holding your pee or drinking lots of water in a short time are health risks, which can lead to UTIs, kidney problems, or in some cases death. Some things people do come with more risk than others, but calling someone else's behavior "dumb" isn't a constructive way of calling out the risks or disagreeing with the practice.

1. "I strongly advise against this practice. You risk nasty infections and could potentially harm your urethra and bladder."

The respective authors of these messages were essentially saying very similar things, in very different ways. It's possible to get your point across without being insulting and demeaning.

My response that said that was not to the op but the one talking about athletes doing this before a weigh in to pass a hydration test. That's a really stupid thing to do and I have never heard of it happening, and I dont believe anything that poster says based on his history.

1 hour ago, JustMike said:

I never meant to insinuate your post as being dumb as fuck. I do apologize. My ire was entirely directed at trackboy for being disingenuous. He makes up stories and uses those fictional stories to justify things... I find that unhelpful and so I called him out in admittedly a rather crass way.

9 hours ago, Bombality said:

In average how long does it take for the bacteria that builds up in the bladder to be dangerous? Does the things you drink affect that time?

For the first question, there is no general answer. The time from the bacteria enter the body to symptoms arise, called the incubation time, will wary greatly depending on what type of bacteria it is, as well as other factors. In general, it will usually be between a couple of days to a week for the most common UTIs, but with the above practice you might not get one of the common ones...

Also worth noting, is that even if bacteria are introduced to your urinary system, you might not get an infection, as the body often clears out the bacteria before that can happen. Bacteria present without a clinical infection is called colonization, only when you get symptoms do you call it an infection.

Drinking lots of fluids might help this process, as you might flush more bacteria out, and keep the concentration low. This can both affect the risk of getting an infection and the incubation time if you do get an infection. It can also reduce the risk of an ascending infection, that is an infection reaching the kidneys. The risk of getting an ascending infection will most likely be larger if you flush the bacteria into your system via the urethra, as the OP suggests, as the pressure might cause reflux into the ureteres...

As for what kind of things you are drinking, the answer is that there is probably no difference, the amount is what matters, but in the past some studies have shown that cranberry juice and acidic beverages could reduce the risk. More recent studies have been unable to confirm this.

A bit long winded, and no clear answer I'm afraid, but hopefully useful anyway...

Forum Mom stepping in here:

So I haven't read all the above comments, but I have had water used to fill my bladder in a medical test known as urodynamics. They insert a catheter (not fun), and then foll your bladder, asking you to identify when you feel full, or the urge to pee right now, etc. It's very embarrassing because at least two people are in the room with you, filling your bladder with water, and if you are doing these tests, you inevitably have some issue with your bladder, which means that you are going to leak in front of these people when they fill it up too much.

There are other elements to the test, one which include sensors in your bladder and rectum to test how everything is working, and you walk about with them in there, and practice sneezing and coughing and jumping, etc. Watch videos on Youtube to learn more, as I've not shared my experiences with this test here yet.

But I will say this, when this was done to me (twice), they doctors used sterile saline solution. This is very important! Otherwise you risk getting a UTI. Your bladder is sterile (usually) as is your pee, but your urethra is not. So when you force water into your bladder in this bladder enema method, you risk pushing all the bacteria in your urethra into your bladder. 

I'm not going to say you should not do this, you are all adults and capable of making decisions on your own. But if you are going to get into this kind of medical play, do your research, and get the tools. Don't use a shower head or tap water. Use a sterile catheter and pippet. Go through proper medical procedures and be safe.

Risk Aware Kink friends.

I know I'm piling on and lots of comments have been made already, but please be safe people. UTIs suck.

2 hours ago, EvilTwin said:

For the first question, there is no general answer. The time from the bacteria enter the body to symptoms arise, called the incubation time, will wary greatly depending on what type of bacteria it is, as well as other factors. In general, it will usually be between a couple of days to a week for the most common UTIs, but with the above practice you might not get one of the common ones...

Also worth noting, is that even if bacteria are introduced to your urinary system, you might not get an infection, as the body often clears out the bacteria before that can happen. Bacteria present without a clinical infection is called colonization, only when you get symptoms do you call it an infection.

Drinking lots of fluids might help this process, as you might flush more bacteria out, and keep the concentration low. This can both affect the risk of getting an infection and the incubation time if you do get an infection. It can also reduce the risk of an ascending infection, that is an infection reaching the kidneys. The risk of getting an ascending infection will most likely be larger if you flush the bacteria into your system via the urethra, as the OP suggests, as the pressure might cause reflux into the ureteres...

As for what kind of things you are drinking, the answer is that there is probably no difference, the amount is what matters, but in the past some studies have shown that cranberry juice and acidic beverages could reduce the risk. More recent studies have been unable to confirm this.

A bit long winded, and no clear answer I'm afraid, but hopefully useful anyway...

It helps, I thought that going as far as holding your pee for around 8 hours was time enough to be at risk of infection, knowing that if well hydrated it actually takes days means it's safer than I thought.

I don't think I'd even be able to keep my bladder full for that long unless I was not voiding correctly on porpouse.

Edited by Bombality (see edit history)