Message added by Kyuu

This post was flagged as explicit.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There's also, you know, OmoOrg, which still gets 300,000± visitors and millions of pageviews a month 

Any chance you would share the script?   Also here's the manual process to save Tumblr vids, with a protip on getting the largest possible video resolution. This is for Firefox but most brow

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Evab100 said:

Really?

No.

7 hours ago, umbilicalnoose said:

The post I read must be in a different planet or something. I went over it again, and then I looked over the actual post, and it's definitely a death knell.

I'm not sure what I just read, but it definitely wasn't it. I'm sorry about that!

On 12/4/2018 at 4:27 PM, slovenc79 said:

i'm actually very glad to hear this. amateurs who will want to share will find way better, fetish oriented websites for example, where this stuff actually belongs. i don't know why they chose to share their stuff on retarted piece of shit website like tumblr anyway. horrible site navigation, ugly background gifs that almost give you seizures, and focusing on "safe space" for users who seem like they would die in pain if they'd accidentally see something they don't want to see. 

The site improved a lot in the first couple of years, then got progressively worse. If you want to know why people got into tumblr, you have to realize it wasn't always shitty. This is the original inspiration for tumblr. The concept of the "tumblelog" came from the Ruby programming community. It was coined by "why the lucky stiff", a programmer/artist, to describe that particular blog. Hence the name "tumblr". It originated in the tech community, and the original users were almost all tech people and artists, but like many tech startups, their whole business plan was to grow their userbase with a free product and figure out how to earn money later. Then they got bought out  for an astronomical sum and the business people had to figure out how to make money off a project that had no real revenue stream. So it got progressively shittier, with more user-unfriendly features, while the userbase gravitated towards teenagers rather than mature thinkers, artists and programmers. But I imagine the omo community on tumblr got started because at one point it really was a great platform.

Then once it had sprung up it took on a life of its own, and became one of the default places (along with this site) to share omo content. Except while omo.org has consistently improved over the years, tumblr has been a sinking ship for a long time. Like I said, I was there in the beginning (by a stroke of luck, not because I'm someone special), and it really saddens me what it's become. I used to explain advanced science concepts to hundreds of thousands of people on that site - I was quite attached to it. But I agree, right now it could die an unhappy death for all I care. I just hope all the good content gets moved somewhere better.

When I first joined Tumblr for the omo content, I "followed" a select group with interests similar to mine.  But then their followers' posts appeared, and some of them were more seriously sexual.  And then THEIR followers joined the pack, and they were definitely rated XXX, and too many of them started following me.  Trying to sort out the unwanted chaff became a chore.  The enjoyable omo guys got kind of overwhelmed.

Like Experience Project, it was a good idea that got taken over by an unruly crowd.

Tumblr was great as a platform for omorashi content (I have a blog that I use to browse material and reblog photos and videos). I really enjoyed how it functioned as both a resource for finding content as well as a platform for collecting content. It's a shame that they are taking such extreme action against adult content and I'm not confident that softcore stuff like clothed wetting will be safe from the new regulation (I've seen that Ineed2pee promotional content has been tagged). The scariest part of it all is what this means for other websites or the internet in general - it would be a shame if this became a bigger trend. Thankfully there are websites like this one!

1 hour ago, farseladosso said:

This Tumblr may contain
sensitive media.

Go to my Dashboard

This is what Tumblr says when I try to open my archive. If Tumblr does not allow adult contents any longer, I conclude that it is for children now.

Yup got that too, I though they'd just delete or white wash all of my naughty pics and leave me access to my blog and 12K followers... but I mean there would be no posts... but still! WTF? I can't even see my blog... But I'm still seeing a decent amount of diaper content... apparently diapers and short shorts or bathing suits look similar?

From tumblr staff:

"Today, December 17th, our policy begins to take effect. This means that we will start hiding – not deleting – posts that contain GIFs, videos, and photos from public view that are in violation of our policy. "

What may be behind the wise idea of not deleting (boldface!) posts but blocking them for everybody, including even the owner?

Maybe the intention is to reserve the privilege of enjoying our posts exclusively for the staff of tumblr? As far as I see, this is the only difference between their policy and deleting the posts: They want to have them for themselves - and nobody else. An elegant way to come into the possession of a huge private collection. Are they going to make money with it? Then we will all be able to buy our own posts in some future. Wouldn't that be great?

On 12/13/2018 at 10:57 PM, Spectator9 said:

When I first joined Tumblr for the omo content, I "followed" a select group with interests similar to mine.  But then their followers' posts appeared, and some of them were more seriously sexual.  And then THEIR followers joined the pack, and they were definitely rated XXX, and too many of them started following me.  Trying to sort out the unwanted chaff became a chore.  The enjoyable omo guys got kind of overwhelmed.

Like Experience Project, it was a good idea that got taken over by an unruly crowd.

I miss Experienceproject so much