Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

My experience growing up in South Korea

Your writing works for me.  When I was in high school, many students who could waited until getting home to use the bathroom.  The school bathrooms were not very dirty.  But many students didn't what others to know their pee schedule.

I had wondered whether floor toilettes were completely acceptable where they were common.

Some beaches in the USA have after-swim showers were swimmers wash off the micro fauna after swimming.  A few have detachable shower heads with flexible pipes.  The frequent soaping keeps the floors more acceptable than the restroom floors.  So some people go to the showers to pee.  But such separate showers only appear on beaches that have spread swimmer's itch and similar maladies.  The detached shower houses that come to mind were from many years ago in mid-Mississippi, if memory serves.  They're almost completely absent in the Pacific Northwest where showers usually exist in the in beach restrooms.  The showers are not always private enough to suit some wanting to use them.  And of course, USA malls are torture for introverts.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, nice to read you since i like korean cultur. Im from France and i travelled to Seoul twice (i really loved hard this country). I didn't feel that toilets were that dirty in Seoul. But maybe toilets are dirties in others cities in korea ? I dont like to show myself desesperate in public like you.. I m afraid of shame.. well was nice to read you by the way. Hope we can read more next stories. =D

• 8 months later...