Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Royal Wedding! And Toilets!

Hi, Don't know if anyone else saw the coverage in the UK press and tabloid newspapers a few weeks back about Prince Harry's Wedding to Meghan Markel this year in May in Windsor! Only a comic actress being interviewed on the radio said that on the invites it was advised that people may want to think about wearing a sanitary pad as for security reasons many guests could be seated in the Windsor Chaple where the wedding took place for many hours up to 4 to 5, in fact, people would NOT be allowed out once in and seated! That got me thinking as there were many famous people at this wedding one wonders who took the advice and then who maybe had to use there Tena pants! in the Chaple.  Maybe that should be renamed the Royal Weeding! Can't say I'm a royalist but I wish them well! I would have like an invite to see if this was true mind, and then had the fun of having to wee in my men's Tena pants on the day! Just thought has anyone else been ever advised to wear some sort of sanitary pad/pants at an event as this? Kev.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7465219/royal-wedding-guests-sanitary-pads/

Edited by kevy19
spelling as always is hopeless! (see edit history)

Peeing your pants while watching royal couple getting married makes it even more memorable, don't you think? Even for people who are not into omo. 

And this article also reminds me of the articles we read about New Year's Times Square party. People are also wearing diapers. I guess if you can't hold it for hours, that is the only solution anyway. Or pee your pants, of course.

I remember reading a story from another wedding guest that involved him (or maybe his wife) coming back from the toilet, so I’m pretty sure that they were allowed to use the toilets in the chapel. I think the woman mentioned in the article was joking and they have somehow turned it into a story. Though it’s certainly good to imagine all those guests sitting there for hours dying for the loo and longing for the ceremony to be over so they can finally pee. The toilet queue would have been interesting!

Edited by Despguy123 (see edit history)
7 hours ago, Despguy123 said:

I remember reading a story from another wedding guest that involved him (or maybe his wife) coming back from the toilet, so I’m pretty sure that they were allowed to use the toilets in the chapel. I think the woman mentioned in the article was joking and they have somehow turned it into a story. Though it’s certainly good to imagine all those guests sitting there for hours dying for the loo and longing for the ceremony to be over so they can finally pee. The toilet queue would have been interesting!

Yes, Despguy I do have to agree are tabloid newspapers get hold of these stories which then makes something this woman said what on her part was meant as maybe "just a funny on the radio". Which they then turn into people actually thinking this happened when it appears in the papers! Mind I do have to say the Royal Court are paranoid around the security of Prince Harry what with his past military service and anyway I bet the toilets facilities are quite minimal around the Windsor Chapel anyway. So who knows I bet there was a  lot of protocol that was sent out with invites that one had to observe and read and as far as I'm aware no one came out and denied this story in the papers since but then who would I suppose? Kev

Royals have challenges when it comes to peeing during long ceremonial events.  Their elaborate clothing would require extensive disrobing - perhaps more difficult for women but not easy for men either.  The use of a public rest room would need a security team to clear the area and would be time-consuming and impractical, and the ancient buildings where such events often take place are short on modern plumbing.  

Adult incontinence pants (diapers) are probably the answer.  Some currently on the market are not that noticeable, though once loaded with lots of liquid they'd be uncomfortable and might cause the user to waddle rather than walk.  Still, I have a hard time picturing someone like Prince Harry wearing a diaper.  I think he'd opt for holding it, and he's young enough and has had the training do do it.

3 hours ago, Spectator9 said:

Still, I have a hard time picturing someone like Prince Harry wearing a diaper.  I think he'd opt for holding it, and he's young enough and has had the training do do it.

But imagine the scenes if he misjudged the situation and couldn’t hold it? Unlikely in the extreme, I know but I wonder if the press would report something like that or would royal protocol ensure that we never found out?

I think Harry and Meghan and all the other royals would have been allowed the use of toilets as much as they liked plus they did not have to wait hours as allegedly the guest did or some of them! The Royals have flunkies to panda all there needs still. They certainly did not have to be in there seated for up to 4 hours or more as guests did. I digress here but It reminds me I many years ago worked with a guy that had served in Welsh Guards he told some great stories of Guardsmen getting very desperate at these great ceremonial events like this wedding, they all hated the trooping of the colour the Queens official Birthday parade every year in June in London! Where you were on parade for hours in full uniform this was  June so often could be warm so you had to be very well hydrated or risk the cardinal sin of fainting on the parade!  It was often the case that some of the younger guys that were doing this for the first time did just have to pee and could not hold out and hence wet at some point in these parades! But he said the Guards trousers are very heavy and a thick wool and black you could fully piss yourself and no one else would know or see! Horse Guards parade where this trooping was done and the route from the London Barracks on the tarmac roads was all well sanded for the horses so you would not even see a puddle the sand soaked up any of the pee that got that far! But you did see them having to send there best ceremonial trouser off for cleaning back at Barracks so new what had happened.    

1 hour ago, kevy19 said:

I think Harry and Meghan and all the other royals would have been allowed the use of toilets as much as they liked plus they did not have to wait hours as allegedly the guest did or some of them! The Royals have flunkies to panda all there needs still. They certainly did not have to be in there seated for up to 4 hours or more as guests did. I digress here but It reminds me I many years ago worked with a guy that had served in Welsh Guards he told some great stories of Guardsmen getting very desperate at these great ceremonial events like this wedding, they all hated the trooping of the colour the Queens official Birthday parade every year in June in London! Where you were on parade for hours in full uniform this was  June so often could be warm so you had to be very well hydrated or risk the cardinal sin of fainting on the parade!  It was often the case that some of the younger guys that were doing this for the first time did just have to pee and could not hold out and hence wet at some point in these parades! But he said the Guards trousers are very heavy and a thick wool and black you could fully piss yourself and no one else would know or see! Horse Guards parade where this trooping was done and the route from the London Barracks on the tarmac roads was all well sanded for the horses so you would not even see a puddle the sand soaked up any of the pee that got that far! But you did see them having to send there best ceremonial trouser off for cleaning back at Barracks so new what had happened.    

For reasons that probably won’t interest others I’d love to ask you more about this subject.