Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The Labyrinth

So I've decided to try starting an interactive based on a game I played on Armor Games called 'The Labyrinth.' It's an adventure game that's turn-based and a maze. I'm thinking on doing this with a twist on my own. But first, some pointers in the game. First off, the stats.

Accuracy: This determines how much of a chance a comrade can hit with a physical weapon, melee or range. Any accuracy less than 100% has a chance for miss. Spells automatically hit. Starting accuracy is 80%
Health: How much damage a comrade can take before they fall unconscious. After combat, fallen comrades regain consciousness with marginal health. Health Regeneration restores health, and is constant on 1.5%.
Mana: This determines the max mana a comrade can have. More mana means more spells to cast. Some have a cool down, which is how many turns before that spell becomes available again. Mana Regeneration restores mana, and is constant on 1.5%.
Quickness: Reaction time. The higher the Quickness, the better the chances a comrade will have the first strike. Unlike this game, your comrades have the advantage on quickness.
Crit Chance: Chance of a critical hit, which is double the damage.

Now that the stats are covered, we'll need a class for our main comrade and a sub class. There are four classes, each with their own subclass.

Warrior: They are the tough fighters of the group, tanking or off-tanking the group, and can absorb a lot of damage. Though heavy armor and swords are what they can equip for their melee hand. The sub classes for a warrior are:

• Berserker: Rage fueling into their attacks and abilities, trading defensive for offensive, and get more powerful the less HP they have!
  • Templars: Tank Warriors that dispatch spell-casters, abilities that can Silence enemies while cleansing allies of debuffs while raising magical resistance.
  • Dragon Slayers: Damaging Warriors with a thrill for killing, bonuses granted for killing enemies, feeding their rampage further.
  • Knight: The strongest defense unit, can force enemies to target them and gain massive amounts of damage resistance for passive and active abilities.

Mage: Magically diverse member of the group. With powerful damaging abilities while also being some of the best support units. To better concentrate their spells, they must wear light armor clothing and staves. The sub classes for a mage are:

• Arcane Mage: Master of the elements, possessing powerful spells that damage and debilitate their enemies with no support abilities.
  • White Mage: Simple yet strong healer, lacking offense for stronger Health and Mana regeneration abilities.
  • Blood Mage: Practiced the forbidden art of Blood Magic, using their own life force to power their spells, which becomes more powerful as a result.
  • Shaman: The hardest support to utilize, weak at first, but given enough experience, and they are a force to be reckoned with.

Rouge: Single-target fighters of the group. Each Rouge has abilities to either disabling or destroying their enemies one at a time. For mobility and defense, only medium weight armor and daggers/spears. The sub classes for a rouge are:

• Marauder: Strong debuffers, able to disable single targets with bleeds and armor shreds, while also having a special ability that bypasses all defenses.
  • Assassin: Fighting with pin-point accuracy, able to kill instantly, exposing defenses on weak enemies before going for the kill.
  • Duelist: One-on-one fighters, dealing more damage on a single target the longer the fight continues until victory has happened.
  • Ninja: Stealthy fighters, preferring to hide in the shadow before attacking, can disappear only to reappear unexpectedly for an unexpected and powerful blow.

Archer: More balanced than Rouges or Warriors. They can be powerful fighters and powerful healers for any role the party needs. For a balanced nature, bows and Medium armor are used. The sub classes for an archer are:

• Sharpshooter: Meticulous, lining up for a perfect shot as high-accuracy fighters while dealing high burst damage.
  • Herbalist: Knows much knowledge about nature and it's many uses, making remedies for allies, and toxins for enemies.
  • Hunter: Adept scouters and trappers, many powerful debuffs to disarm and maim their enemies, allowing allies to deal the finishing blow.
  • Brewer: Just like to get their drink on, able to create brews that can power up allies, and weaken enemies.

After all this work, I feel like we can continue on. For our first character, i.e. the comments from you, needs to have a class and sub class. It's your choice on how you want this person to be. And of course, I'm going to gender neutralize this.

Dragon Slayer has these starting stats.

Constitution: 18
Intelligence: 5
Dexterity: 10
Swiftness: 7
Luck: 8

Allocate 10 points in any combo, and this is for a refresher on the stats.

Constitution: This amount times 10 is the Max Health.
Intelligence: This amount times 10 is the Max Mana.
Dexterity: Every point in Dexterity grants .5% Accuracy.
Swiftness: Increases one Quickness for every point in Swiftness.
Luck: Increases Crit Chance by .5% per point.

Edited by lethalty60 (see edit history)

Final stats for the player

Max Health: 200
Max Mana: 100
Bonus Damage: 10
Bonus Armor: 4
Accuracy: 86.5%
Quickness: 7
Crit Chance: 5%

The option to change and or we'll move on to companions.

Warrior:

• Damon the Traditional Warrior. He's the Royal Defender for the King. Since this purge threatens every citizen on the land, he was sent to help. Passive ability: +15% Damage Reduction.
  • Maria the Life Drinker. Ventured from her home village, eager for adventure. Her hunger for glory was ignited after she saved her people from great evil. Passive ability: +15% Lifesteal. (Attack damage dealt converts to Health.)

Mage:

• Mika the Reclusive Mage. A quiet mage. She's been studying magic alone for almost her whole life and finally feels ready to use her knowledge to end this curse. Passive ability: +15% Spell Damage Dealt.
  • Selene the Forestdweller. Came from a faraway land populated by forest beings. She's attuned to nature and sensed disturbance emanating from this dungeon. Passive ability: +15% Healing Dealt.

Rouge:

• Seth the Silent Killer. Silent, his background largely unknown. His appearance for being here is as unknown as his origins. Passive ability: 15% Attack Damage Dealt converts to Piercing Damage.
  • Thorn the Dirty Fighter. A natural fighter. He felt his skills were being wasted where he came from, so he traveled here to put his skills to the test. Passive ability: +15% Damage Reflection (All damage that's taken, 15% of it will deliver right back.).

Archer:

• Seliph the True Shot. Straightest shot in the land. Her accuracy is unmatched, and she sees ending this curse as just a test of her skills. Passive ability: +15% Accuracy.
  • Corinth the Jolly Drinker. A local in the village. Usually spends his time in the tavern with his friends... only here because of a dare. Passive ability: +35 Max Health and Max Mana.

Just remember all unique sub classes and comrades.

It's also fictionalized. It doesn't exist, as well. You can also choose how they're ordered in case at least two of them have the same Quickness. Here's the stats going from bottom to top.

Seliph
Constitution: 9
Intelligence: 9
Dexterity: 8
Swiftness: 20
Luck: 4

Seth
Constitution: 8
Intelligence: 8
Dexterity: 15
Swiftness: 4
Luck: 14

Mika
Constitution: 17
Intelligence: 12
Dexterity: 5
Swiftness: 15
Luck: 1

Each one can have 10 points allocated. Or we could do them the same.

All right. Now we'll need his background story. A few options came to mind, or you can make one up. Each background has perks, but improvements, as well.

Mercenary: Ballas spent his time when he was able to wield swords to have side jobs as a mercenary. His skills have attracted others based on his strength, as well as knowing how to take care of himself. He traveled to the village based on rumors. Being a mercenary allowed him to become more of a strategist, but a thirst for gold may make him double check on gambles and shops, as well as inventory clean up.

Traveler: Ballas left his home to see if he could be successful outside in the real world. He came across a town that has a mission at a village. He planned his journey, but hardly had any encounters. He's a strategist, but more of a skill user and may not attack normally.

Combative: Ballas grew up in the village, being taught by the masterful knights of the nearby kingdom. He learnt the skills fast, and planned on using these skills to help out on purging the Blight. He'll use attack skills and use an attack, but he'll need to work on improving his strategy as brute force isn't always the answer.

Again, you can make your own background for Ballas. Just remember that there should be a characteristic flaw and a perk.

Now we can begin!

Prologue: Meeting The Gang

Ballas was a 24 year old male, living in the village of Orscoth. He's been hand-trained by a former soldier of the kingdom by the sword. If anyone asked how he knew, he'll say that he's been trained by the best.

He's been practicing so he doesn't get rusty. And every so often for the past 5 years, strange creatures come out from a nearby cave and would terrorize the village, but they get quickly dispatched. Ballas had enough at 24, and decided to head over and find out if he could stop it! Once he got there, he immediately went to the board where job postings are there and look through them over.

By luck, he found one posted by the entire kingdom. It was a job for 4, and the reward would be whatever they find in the cave plus fame for anyone who could find a way to stop the Blight from happening again. He grabbed it, but then thought on who could join him. He recalled an old friend named Seth, who they've known each other since childhood, when Ballas was 8 and Seth was 9. He leaves the tavern, and then looks to find his friend, since he has no idea where to find him.

By some coincidence, he found Seth at his childhood place that the two spent together. "Seth." Ballas said, and he looked at him.

"Big B, what's up?" Seth quietly spoke, and Ballas wasn't surprised. He's aware that his friend had a speech impairment that prevented him to speak normally and had, and had to rely on body language. Not only that, but he knows it's him because no one has ever called him Big B except for Seth.

"You want to become famous, right?" Seth perked up at it. He always wanted to be known not for his speech impairment, but for doing something for the kingdom and nodded. "Do you know 2 others that could travel with us into that cave to purge the Blight?" Seth took a moment to think before he nodded, giving a few hand signals to indicate the training field at the archery field.

"Seliph?" He nodded. "She does owe you a favor. I'll ask her." The two did their handshake, then parted ways as Seth looks for one more, and he knows what he has to do to get to the last one.

Meanwhile Ballas came to the archery field, where he only saw one archer there. Seliph. She continues to draw and fire, and with high accurate results, as well. Each shot landed a bulls' eye on the targets. Once Seliph fired her last arrow, she went to the targets to retrieve her arrows. It was then that she noticed Ballas. "Can I help you, sir?" She asked him.

"You may not know me, Seliph. But you know Seth." She asked him what he knows about Seth. "Seth's my friend since I was 8. He has a speech impairment." Seliph stepped back a little. "You owe him a favor for helping him out." She nodded.

"If this is about the Blight, then count me in. I've been waiting to go there, but I've never had the chance to go, as it takes four to join."

"Which is way that, with you, we only need one more. I'm sure Seth is looking for the final one. Let's go to the tavern and see if he did so." She nodded, put her arrows away, and followed Ballas. When Seliph was only 15, she devoted herself to practice archery by herself. She failed the first 3 years and almost injured others. But she managed to get better, and only practiced when no one was at the field. She's improved, and ready to test her skills.

When Ballas and Seliph entered the tavern, Ballas immediately saw Seth with a woman wearing red robes. Seliph followed him to the table and sat down. "All right! Looks like we have our four. Let's introduce ourselves so we can get acquainted. My name is Ballas. The man next to me is my childhood friend, Seth." Seth gave a wave, but stayed silent.

The woman Ballas met spoke up. "My name is Seliph, and I've been practicing archery since I was 15. Almost caused injuries for 3 years before I did a change of schedule for practicing. Now I'm more advanced."

The other woman nodded. "My name is Mika. I've been practicing under the forbidden art of Blood Magic. I've done it for 5 years, and I'm already at a Master rank. My red cloak is to signify my status as a Blood Mage."

Ballas placed the paper on the table for all to see. "This is what we're doing. We're going to the cave and purge this Blight once and for all. You three want to join in? It takes four to start it." The three raised their hands almost simultaneously. "Good! We're ready!"

Three days later, the whole kingdom knew about it, and the townspeople decided to give them last minute weaponry and armor before they started their journey.

The Prologue has ended. Chapter 1 will be up when ready.

First chapter is up!

Chapter 1: The First Floor!

Ballas, Mika, Seth, and Seliph started their journey inside the cave, and just entered in to purge the Blight that they’ve experienced before. In the first room, it was empty, but it’s brightly lit. Everyone sat down as they talked to each other for a bit, getting to know everyone… especially Mika since she’s new to everyone as she talked about her practices in Blood Magic.

Once everyone is ready, Ballas gets up to take the first watch as the other three slept. In two hours, he’d wake up Mika. Then she wakes up Seliph after two hours. Then Seliph wakes up Seth. Then he’d wake up Ballas, and they’d repeat until everyone had their fair share of sleep.

After they had a meal provided by the tavern that shouldn’t spoil, they packed up and moved on to the next room. They passed by it because it was just like the last room they left, so they skip it.

However, on the next room, everyone felt different. “I feel like something’s not right.” Ballas said to the others.

Seliph was also having trouble. “I feel like my vision’s getting blurred up!” Seth nodded in agreement, while Mika complained at that. They continued to move on, and felt something of the unknown. Like… they’re being watched.

Seliph, sensing where it went, drew an arrow and locked it into her crossbow. Then, when nobody expects it, she turns around and launched her arrow, hitting home against a mage, despite her blurred vision!

Sensing a hiss of pain, Mika jumped at whatever caused the hiss, but missed it as the creature, itself, used a spell on on Seliph, hurting her as she felt an explosion of magic! “It must be a mage!” She calls out.

“More like corrupted.” Ballas said as he wants a guaranteed hit on it. He felt a red aura on him as he felt his life force draw away from him for a powerful strike! He jumps up and slashes hard! The Corrupted Mage was struck and screeched in pain!

Seth found a weak spot and used sound to track it down and managed to strike! Seliph, then, ran towards Seth as he gave her a boost and launched another arrow from her crossbow and struck the Mage as it disappeared in a cloud of smoke as the squad regained their vision!

“I guess it was only temportarily.” Ballas said as Mika looked over the items the Corrupted Mage dropped.

“Even though I’d like to have the staff, getting a better chances at surviving is far better!” Mika said as she quickly changed from her cotton robes into her new silk robes. With that out of the way, they moved on.

What they saw next was something fairly uncertain. There were three pillars in the middle of the room, each containing a gold shell that’s in a line with a box further ahead that’s open.

Ballas heads over to one and tries to pull it open. “It’s not working!” Ballas tries a different tactic and used all his strength! Still, the shell didn’t budge.

“Ballas?” Mika called out to him and he stopped, placing the shell back. “There’s a gold symbol on the box.”

He walked over to her and see that she’s right. “That’s a gamble box.” Ballas and Mika heard the whisper, and turned to Seth. He does a little box with his hands. After wards, he places one hand inside the makeshift box, then brings his hands like he’s forming a heart, then separates them.

Seliph immediately understood what he meant. “We’re suppose to play the game by using gold in exchange to play.” Ballas nodded, then checked how much gold they have.

Sadly, he reclosed it. “We don’t have enough for even one game.” The others nodded, then moved on.

The next room is different from the other. There were three chests instead of shells. Ballas felt drawn to them and can’t help but go over to them and open them up. The other three prepared in case the chests were actually monsters! But nothing happened.

Ballas looked back at them. “It’s just some normal gear. A dagger, Scalemail, and a Quiver. We’re not experienced enough for them, so we’ll just leave them.”

They all moved on, and sure enough, some bad moments came by. They were encountered by three creatures, though one of them was familiar enough to be the Corrupted Mage! The other two, however, were unknown!

Seliph locked an arrow to her crossbow and and fired at the first creature she saw: The other mage that wasn’t holding an orb! It screeched a little as it got hit, but when Mika struck it with her wand, it screeched even more! “A Banshee!” Ballas cried out before he cries in pain and bashes whatever got his arm as a different creature attacked him! He looked at his arm to see blood dripping.

The Corrupted Mage knew about a chance to heal, and tried it on the Banshee, but the Banshee felt more pain and screeched loudly, defeaning the party’s ears.

Ballas felt more of his life force leaving him due to his bleeding state, and still tried to attack the Banshee! Unfortunately, he hit air as he wasn’t looking in the right way.

Seth stayed in the shadows and waited for an opportunity to strike. When the Banshee was close, he came out and managed to strike it as it let out another screech.

Seliph had another arrow ready and fires at it again! But it barely missed it as the third creature charged at Seth for an attack on where he last was, but Seth was too quick for him and dodged it! The Corrupted Mage swings its wand at Seliph, and landed a hit as she grunted a little! But the Banshee earned payback by attacking Seth as he didn’t notice it until too late!

He felt a hard swing on his head as he was down for a split second before he got back up as Ballas jumped over him, and killed the Banshee! Almost immediately, everyone regained their sense of hear and can better target!

Seth took that opportunity and attack the remaining Mage and struck as Seliph fired from her crossbow, earning another hit! Mika ganged up with them, and took down the Mage even further, but it was still standing!

The unknown creature charged at Mika and swung its short sword at her, earning her another grunt of pain while the Mage targeted Seliph as she experiences pain as well. When Ballas saw the short sword, he immediately knew what it was. “It’s a Thrall!” He charged at the Mage with his own.

“I didn’t know you two wanted the women out and just us men! But you deal with all of us!” Ballas cried out and swung at the Mage and struck as it was pushed back a little, then hit from behind by Seth as he launced a surprise attack, killing it as it let out a loud scream before disappearing in a cloud of smoke!

Seliph and Mika looked at each other and nodded! Seliph had another arrow in her crossbow and fired at the Thrall! It got hit, but it was unprepared for Mika as she swung her wand at it, and dealt a heavy dent in its armor as it hissed in pain as it turn around for hearing something behind it and managed it hit Ballas!

Ballas retaliated and it got another strike from Seth as Seliph fired another arrow while Mika swung her wand at it and struck, as well! But the Thrall retaliated back at her as she was pushed back a little by its force as she grunted more!

Then the entire gang combo attack at once! Ballas jumped and slashed at it while Seth came fast behind it and struck it! Seliph fired another arrow from her crossbow and made another hit!

Mika tried to attack, but she failed as she couldn’t get to the Thrall on time as it struck Seth! Ballas got mad at that and swung with all his might as the Thrall was hit for the final time!

The squad cheered on their victory as they left the area, except for Ballas, who took the fallen Scalemail and made a swap between the Scalemail’s. “Seeing how that Thrall took less of a beating, maybe this will help me.” He, then, jogged to meet his comrades.

When he caught up, his comrades were in battle as Seliph just released an arrow at another creature that was different from all the others they faced! Mika smacked at it with her wand and hit it!

One of the previous creatures, a Thrall, tried to smack Ballas, but all he did was move to the side and managed to avoid the strike! But then one of the new creatures attacked Seliph and landed a hit! They have yet to identify that creature, as well as one other.

“Well… a first try for everything.” Ballas felt the same red aura as he slowly becomes a bit more powerful and strikes at the stronger of the unknown enemies!

When that creature took a hit, not only did it grunt a little in pain, but also had a blue aura around it as the other two creatures disappeared from the squad’s sight. “SHIELD WALL!” They all cried out, and started attacking it! But once the other creatures were back in sight, they all took a little of a beating as they now focused on the other creatures, killing the remaining unknown by Seth first, a power shot from Seliph, and Mika finishing it off!

It wasn’t long before the Thrall retaliated for its fallen comrade and struck Mika! Not only did she recieve a blow, but she felt a bit weaker!

Ballas saw it, but would rather take on the Shield Wall than deal with the Thrall. He focused on it and strikes! The Shield Wall tried to strike back, but the blow that Ballas gave didn’t recuperate just yet. Seth saw the opportunity and strike… but was blocked! Seliph tried, and managed a hit!

Mika used her wand on the Shield Wall, and strike. Ballas came at it and strike with a hit, but it fought back! Seth attacked again and hit this time as Seliph and Mika teamed up yet again! Seliph fired from her crossbow, and Mika strikes! Shield Wall was almost down, but the Thrall retaliated! Because before anyone could do anything, Thrall slammed on Seth, putting the pain on him!

Ballas knows that Shield Wall is almost out, and decided to attack the Thrall instead, scoring a hit as Shield Wall bashed Mika! Seth and Seliph attacked Thrall, as well. While Seth striked, Seliph prepped an arrow and locked it! When Seth jumped back, Seliph fired!

Mika knows that she has one chance left. “This is it.” She whispered as she aimed at Shield Wall, and made a desperate attack to finish it off! She hit, but the creature’s barely hanging on by a thread!

Ballas didn’t want to waste an attack on Shield Wall, so he aimed at Thrall, instead! He missed anyway, and received a strike from Shield Wall! Seth, Seliph, and Mika target Thrall! First, Seth attacked it and hit. Seliph fired from her crossbow from jumping over Seth and hitting! Mika also hits with her wand as Thrall retaliated on Seliph as she grunted in pain!

Seth is hanging on, but who knows how long it’ll take. The other three are fine… kind of. Ballas attack Thrall, but misses again as the creature was too fast! Seth and Seliph teamed up to target Thrall! First Seth with his dagger, then Seliph fired an arrow!

They both managed a hit, but Mika missed her target again! Thrall retaliated at striking Ballas, and he felt weaker as Mika felt back more in the fight! Ballas hits Thrall and hits home as Shield Wall hits Seliph with its short sword as she grunts a little! Seth, coming back from the fight, finishes off Shield Wall!

Then Seliph and Mika teamed up one last time! Seliph locks an arrow into her crossbow as Mika runs towards Seliph! When she lowered herself down, Mika steps on the crossbow and jumps at Thrall, ready to smack it!

But Seliph attack first, scoring a hit! When Mika landed, she swings, and scores a hit on Thrall as it was blown back by the blow and rolled a bit before it turned into smoke like all the others.

As of now, Ballas picked up the club that was dropped. He felt like he could never be at an instant kill moment. Ballas jogged back to rejoin everyone, and Seliph just fired from her crossbow when he showed up and hit another creature, though it’s alone.

Once it got hit, though, it took out a little needle and stabbed itself with it as it got quicker with keener vision. “Sentry.” Seth whispered as Mika tried to swing, but the Sentry tested the adrenaline and dodged the strike, but wasn’t quick enough when Ballas struck it!

Seth came back at it, and Seliph, with her keen vision and absolute hit, fired another arrow pointblank!

With the Sentry’s own crossbow with an arrow already locked, it aimed at Mika and fired, though she didn’t notice until it’s too late to dodge! She stepped back while grunting in pain but charged at it and smacked it with her wand! Ballas and Seth looked at each other and nodded.

“Just like old time, Seth?” He nodded, and the two jumped side by side! Ballas knows that if Seth misses, at least Seliph can deal the finishing blow!

Ballas jumped and swing at the Sentry! Seth came under him and finished it off in a cloud of smoke. The party was on about such a kill as Seliph picked up the crossbow that it dropped and replaced it with her own as she now feels like that a Crit may kill. Once they were done celebrating, they continued on… although they never expected to see stairs.

“You ever get the feeling that something like this is too easy?” Ballas asked as he got in front of the group and faced them.

Seth rolled his eyes as Mika shrugged. Seliph, however, drew an arrow and locked it on her new crossbow. She raised it towards Ballas, and he mistakened it for rebellion!

He jumped out of the way just before she fired and instead of the arrow hitting solid wall, it hit a skeleton creature! All three raised their weapons! “Where there’s a Skeleton Knight,” Mika announce, “there’s a Necromancer!”

And sure enough, the Necromancer appeared, looking powerful with its staff! Mika can sense the power within the robes its wearing. “Be careful, everyone!” She called out. “That Necromancer has Damage Reflect!” She jumped at the Skeleton that Seliph attacked and scored a hit!

The Necromancer started a spell of its own. “Yowame no shigoto wa, kyōfu o hikiokosu!” Once finished, an orb appeared as it attacked Seliph with it, taking the full blast as she was pushed back by the recoil and rolled for a bit!

“Seliph!” Ballas cried out. “You okay?”

Seliph got back up, but she wobbled a bit before looking depressed. “I’m not sure.”

“That Necromancer casted Dread on her!” Mika cried out. “If we can kill it, Seliph will be back in high spirits!”

Ballas nodded, and a red aura surrounded him as he charged at the Necromancer and slammed it with all his might as he felt more pain coming from it! But he managed to weaken it as the second Skeleton covered up the Necromancer as the third one Slashed Mika while the first one toughened up.

Seth saw an opportunity for armor piercing and strike the first one! Seliph fired an arrow at the second one. Mika noticed how bad she looked based on her faced and attacked the second Skeleton!

With such a staff, the Necromancer lifted it up, but spun once as it hit Seth in his hiding place as he was knocked back from the recoil! Ballas saw the strike happen, but targeted the second Skeleton, hurting it even more!

Then the Skeletons attacked in this order: Seliph, Ballas, Mika. Though Mika saw it coming and dodged it! Seth attacked the second as Seliph fired another arrow at the same Skeleton before Mika tried to attack, but miss. The Necromancer retaliated by striking her! Ballas struck back at the Skeleton that was being the Necromancer’s guardian.

The Skeletons attack Seliph, then Slashed Seth, and then attacked Mika! Seliph was taking harder hits as Seth was pushed back a little as he tries to minimize damage by parrying, but still takes damage! Mika Took the full blow, though a little bit absorbed in her robes!

Seth stumbles a little in his place before attacking the second Skeleton! Seliph and Mika did the same, but Mika missed!

The Necromancer saw what was happening, and tried to even the odds! When no one was looking, it snuck up on Ballas. As he prepares to strike, the Necromancer swung with all its might and dealt a heavy blow on him!

He was knocked off his feet, but he got back up and attacked the Skeleton one last time, finally managed to kill it! The remaining two Skeletons attacked Seliph, then Seth. Since Seliph had her hopes back up in battle, she managed to stop what little damage she could and Seth was bashed back and hit a wall!

“You okay?!” Ballas and Seliph call out, but they saw nothing! When they turned back, he already struck the Skeleton as Seliph fired with more vigor! Mika decided to attack the Necromancer and struck it! Though it retaliated twice: Once from the robes, and once from the attack! Ballas came strong at it, though he did feel punishment!

The Skeletons attacked in the same order, yet again. Only this time, Seth stumbled before falling unconscious. Everyone thought he was dead and ganged up on the Necromancer until it was dead! In the midst, the Skeletons tried to weaken them even further!

Ballas tries staying up, but it having a hard time! Mika is in the same condition, although Seliph is bloodied by the attacks! Still… they persisted on, hoping to have the advantage! To deal with the, the first Skeleton toughened up again, so they need all the advantage they could by attacking the other Skeleton!

During that time, Ballas fell down from the Skeletons’ might! It was now just Seliph and Mika. “Stay… strong…” Seliph said as she was on her knees, hoping this would end! She’s not sure if she’ll be the target… or Mika would! If Mika survives, she might last long enough to defeat it. On the other hand, if she didn’t, Seliph would need a miracle to survive!

Once Mika struck, Seliph knew their fate. The Skeleton finished off Seliph and she fell. Mika, for a desperate attempt, struck again! Only to have it toughen up one last time.

Mika tried again, but could not delay the inevitable. She fell down, lost all hope that she failed. She started crying as the Skeleton Knight drew closer. As the Skeleton raised its sword, Mika looked up… and then blackness.

Could this be the end of them and their journey?

Finally got this in! I sure make 'em fast, if I want to.

Chapter 2: Returning Rematch

Darkness… that’s all everyone sees. Nothing was stirring. Nobody said anything. They knew that they were defeated. Yet… why do they have hope? Because each has a reason for being here!

Ballas was recently dating a woman a month before his expedition, and he promised a return. Seth is there because he wants to be there for his best friend. Mika wanted the fame to show that Blood Magic isn’t all that bad. And Seliph has her own reasons.

All of a sudden, they opened their eyes! They all got back up, then noticed a spirit. “I have ressurrected you all from death.” It said.

Everyone put away their weapons, then the spirit turned to Ballas. “You’re journey is not over. I can give you redemption, but it’ll come with a cost.”

They nodded, and settled with a Full Heal, and a strange item called a Battle Veil. Ballas asked the spirit what a Battle Veil does. “A Battle Veil will allow you to continue on to the next room, but it won’t work on the last floor.” He nodded.

“Then it’ll be useful for us.” He said, and now they were ready.

“Go that way.” The spirit pointed. “You’ll reach your last back to back battle that way.”

“Can we have a name, so we’ll recognize you again for next time?”

“Just call me Shell.” Shell vanished, and the squad move on. Before, they had to face three! Now with a Battle Veil handy, they could only deal with two battles. They continued on, and knew that the Thrall, Corrupted Mage, and Banshee would attack them. This time, they were prepared! Instead of fighting them, Ballas took the Battle Veil and threw it at the creatures!

The Veil shattered, causing a black out as the party rushes past! They didn’t want to face them again, but that also meant that they can’t avoid the next three battles! When they reached the next room, they had a better plan upon facing the Shield Wall, Thrall, and the unknown creature.

They were prepared as they targeted the unknown first! Once Ballas hit the creature, Shield Wall blocked them off! They were severly weakened, but they kept their ground as they went back against the unknown creature! Mika dealt the final blow as the Thrall struck Ballas in retaliation!

And since they’re aware how much was drained from Shield Wall, they focused on taking out the Thrall! Seth found a weakspot, and used that advantage later on, and killed the Thrall! They were weakened more, but stayed up as they targeted Shield Wall last!

They needed every advantage they could, and managed to kill Shield Wall. Ballas picked up the club and felt the same effect. Seth dropped his dagger in exchange for the spear that was dropped. He even swapped his Rawhide for the Ringmail that was dropped. Once done, they moved on to face Sentry. And they were more prepared and ready to fight it again!

Seliph was taken two hits from Sentry’s arrows, but it didn’t stop them from taking it out! They continued on, ready to face the Necromancer and its three Skeleton Knights! Everyone had one creature in mind: The Necromancer. Ballas and Mika took some abuse, and everyone recieved the effect from the Necromancer’s robes!

Seliph fired her arrow from her crossbow, but Mika missed! The Necromancer turned to the third Skeleton and chanted a spell. “Watashinojinsei o motarasu, sukeruton o kesu!” The Skeleton immediately became a pile of bones as the Necromancer is now stronger!

They saw that the Necromancer Consumed the Skeleton, which meant one less to deal with. Now they can focus on taking out another Skeleton, which happened to be the first one. They had better luck, this time around. When the Skeleton was almost done, Ballas allowed Seth to finish it as he struck the Necromancer again, getting retaliated by the Reflect!

With the second Skeleton down, it was done to the last one and the Necromancer. Thanks to the redemption the party had, they are now feeling hopeful in defeating them from their rematch! Seliph had another arrow locked and fired at the Necromancer! Even though there’s retaliation, she didn’t care as the Necromancer could Consume the other one, and that’d be the end of the last one!

Mika, Seth, and Ballas saw this and ganged on the Skeleton, with the Necromancer attacking her! So they split their attacks between the Necromancer and the Skeleton. When it came time for the Necromancer to Consume, it didn’t! Instead, it attacked Seliph with its staff and swung it at her!

Everyone thought that the two gave up, and tried to deal as much damage as possible. But they know they’ll win. Ballas and Seth attacked the Skeleton as it attacked Mika! Seliph fired another arrow at the Skeleton and Mika finished off the Necromancer!

Free from any threat, Ballas and Seth finished off the Skeleton! Everyone cheered on their first ever hard victory! Ballas picked up the strongest Short Sword and Platemail and exchanged them with his own weapon and armor. Mika picked up the wooden staff and silk robes in exchange. They are ready to move on, and head down.

I'm literally playing the game as I create this story. Now that they've completed the first floor, the second floor will come when it's ready.

Third Chapter is up!

Chapter 3: Second Floor

After a hard victory, the squad managed to beat the Skeleton Knights and the Necromancer, which was a bit easier to do. After taking on what they needed, they went down the stairs.

“I gotta say,” Mika said to break the silence that lingered. “We made a pretty good team! Did you see that Necromancer when we were about to win, and it couldn’t do anything about it?” Seth nodded, and Seliph was in a conversation with Ballas about who could strike harder.

Before they knew it, they were at the bottom of the stairs at the first room of the second floor. They decided to take this opportunity to patch up and wounds they’ve sufficed and get some rest.

After several hours, they wake up and proceeded through the floor. At first, nothing happened. Skipping a couple of rooms led them to treasure. They found, in these gold chests, a crossbow, silk robes, and a tome.

“I’m almost experienced enough for those robes.” Mika said as she takes them before putting them in the bag that they brought in case they needed to store items in there. They moved on, and see the gambling room.

“I’m sure we have enough to play, guys.” Ballas said as he took out some gold and placed it inside the box before going for a shell and cracking it open: Empty!

Seth came forward, and Ballas handed him some gold for the next game. Seth took a shell, then places the gold in before cracking it open: Empty!

“I think we should stop,” Mika said. “I know you’re probably thinking, third time’s the charm. It won’t work.”

Ballas nodded. “You’re right. Let’s just go.” The party moved on. They felt a strange aura coming from nearby.

Seliph, not willing to risk anything, had an arrow already locked into her crossbow before she pointed it at a dark corner and launched it! It struck a creature as it screeched loudly and came out of hiding, along with two others! Though the first of the creatures came at her and bit her hard as she struggles to free! She pushed it away, but a red patch was on her arm.

“Thrall, Banshee, and Shield Wall.” Mika said as she used her wand to whack the Banshee and was successful. The Banshee Shrieked at the hit, deafening everyone!

Ballas knew that only the creatures would hear him, so he attacked Shield Wall as it opened itself to the offense!

Seth wasn’t willing to take chances and attacked it. Seliph was savagely bit that blood dropped from her arm as she tried to struggle. Seliph prepped a mixture before they came into battle and brought out a potion and tossed it at the Thrall! When it broke open, The Thrall was confused long enough for Mika to attack it!

Though when it was ready, it howled as a blue aura surrounded it! Banshee just let out a second screech, this time hurting their ears! Ballas tried to retaliate at the Banshee, but he couldn’t see it while Shield Wall missed the mark. Seth couldn’t spare any more trouble as a blue aura surrounded him and focused on the Shield Wall, hitting it multiple times!

Seliph locked in an arrow as more blood dripped from her wound. She aimed at the Banshee and fired, scoring a hit! Mika was ready as she prepares a spell. “Gisei no chi, damēji!” Her own life force slipped away as every enemy was damaged as each lost a red orb and Mika absorbs it!

Thrall and Banshee tried to target Ballas, but Thrall missed while Banshee struck with its staff! Ballas quickly retaliated and killed it, earning back some life! Shield Wall targeted Seth and struck.

Even though Seliph didn’t like Shield Wall’s odds of hitting, she launched an arrow from her crossbow at Thrall, since because it became Relentless, there’s no telling how much damage could be done! She manages to hit, and so did Mika.

Thrall attacked her, and received retaliation due to her robes. Ballas saw how strong the Thrall can be and attacked it! Shield Wall retaliated, and Seth came after the Thrall, but the attack was blocked!

Seliph fired again, and hit while the Thrall retaliated! Mika and Ballas came after the Thrall and attacked at the same time while Shield Wall bashed Seth with the handle of its short sword! Seth retaliated back, and Seliph finished off the Thrall.

Now everyone gangs up on Shield Wall, as its the only creature left standing! It hit Ballas, then Seliph before it got killed by Ballas. Mika took the staff the Banshee dropped as the party celebrated. As everyone continued on, Ballas stayed behind to switch out his armor and sword for the better ones before jogging to catch up!

Once he caught up, Seliph fired an arrow from her crossbow before it struck… another Necromnacer! He joined them, then took out his new short sword to join the battle!

Mika casted another spell. “Gisei no chi, damēji!” All three lost their life force as each had a red orb that Mika absorbed to recover from hers that was lost!

Though the Necromancer was weakened a little, it still casted a spell. “Yowame no shigoto wa, kyōfu o hikiokosu!” An orb appeared, and struck Ballas as he lost some hope.

“Not again!” Seth whispered as Ballas jumped and struck the Necromancer! Seth attacked it, as well. After that, both Skeletons got in front of the Necromancer!

“Guardians, huh?” Seliph asked as she tossed the same mixture that she quickly made and smashed it on the Necromancer!

Mika swung at the first Skeleton and struck! Ballas, seeing that Seliph slowed down the Necromancer a little, came after the same Skeleton and attacked it!

The Necromancer turned to the second Skeleton. ““Watashinojinsei o motarasu, sukeruton o kesu!” It chanted as the Skeleton became a pile of bones before the Necromancer became stronger!

Seth saw the opening and Reaved at it! The remaining Skeleton saw what was happening to its master, and forced a red orb from it, and passed it on to the Necromancer as it regains more strength!

Seliph saw what happened, and wasn’t planning on letting it happen again! She fired another arrow from her crossbow and hits! Mika, instead, attacked the Necromancer. Ballas swung hard on the Skeleton as the Necromancer attacked Mika!

Seth moved fast and hit a weak spot on the Skeleton as it turned into a pile of bones! Then everyone was at the Necromancer as it only managed to hit only Seliph once before it was dead by Mika!

Everyone congratulated each other on the victory as Ballas went over to the shield that was dropped. He looked at his club before tossing it down and picking up the shield, as well as a short sword that was stronger than his.

Once everyone was done here, they left. Mika, though, stayed behind as she changed robes to the one the Necromancer had.

Another one down, and who knows how many are left.

• 2 weeks later...

Done it!

Chapter 4: Third Floor

Everyone walked down to the third floor, barren, but brightly lit. Everyone took the opportunity to patch up their wounds and injuries. Mika walks over to where Ballas and Seth were, doing their usual game of rock-paper-scissors. When she got there, Ballas threw scissors, but Seth threw rock. “I don’t know how you always know which one to go for, but you always win at this game.”

“Mind if I try?” Mika said. Ballas looked at her before looking back at Seth, who shrugged and prepared another game. Mika and Seth had one round. Seth and Mika both threw paper. Seth sweated a little thinking what he should throw next, while Mika already had one ready. When they threw again, Seth threw rock as Mika threw scissors. Seth won again. “Damn it!” She said. “I was hoping to make you crack.”

“No matter how hard you try, Seth is a beast at that game. As far as I know, he never lost.” Seth nodded to prove his point.

“If you guys are all done playing your game,” Seliph called out, “the meal’s ready!” The three went over to Seliph as they all had a meal together. When finished, they can still move on! When they showed up, not only that there was a way to continue, but also a door to the side locked.

Ballas locked it over and see something about it. “This lock has a combination. It’ll have to be guessed.” Ballas looked through the combination.

“I don’t think you should play with that.” He looked back and saw Seliph there. “It looks like we only have one shot. Let me give it a try.” He stepped back as Seliph worked on it.

After 20 minutes on the lock with over 2000 guesses, Seliph stood up. “I can’t figure it out!” As she said that, the door vanished.

Everyone was shocked, but decided to move on. Once they got to the next room, though, they felt completely different! Even though they seem normal, when they look at each other, all had the same thought: 'Are they going to betray me?' They stayed separate from each other as they move on.

The next room is more of a resting point, but the party doesn’t want to fall asleep for fear of any of the others beating them to death in their sleep! So they move on. Seliph looks back, though another thought crossed her mind. 'What if that room was responsible? We’ve never been this Fearful at each other.'

She looks back just when there were three creatures there: Sentry, Shield Wall, and one more! Everyone got their weapons out, and is prepared to attack! Sentry was too fast for her as it took out a small bomb and tossed it at the party!

When it exploded, black smoke surrounded them, blinding them! Seliph has a bad feeling about this, so she does nothing.

Mika noticed that Seliph didn’t do anything. She was about to attack her for not attacking, but she realized what’s going on. 'This isn’t us!' She thought as she lowered her staff and waited. The unknown creature had a blue aura around it as it went towards Seth with an attack! Even though Seth tried to block it, his spear broke a little!

Seth is unsure about what’s going on, but decides to stay put. Ballas followed what his best friend did, as well. Shield Wall had a strong blue aura as the other two creatures vanished! Then the Sentry was there for a split second as it launched an arrow from its crossbow to target Mika before disappearing!

Seliph knew about Shield Wall and, not being Fearful of the others now, threw a mixture at it, shattering for slowness and blinding! Mika casted her spell. “Gisei no chi, damēji!” Every creature suffered as a red orb from each went to Mika as her strength returns a bit!

The unknown creature had a blue aura around it and swiveled on Ballas! “Debilitator.” Seth whispered. He waited no time as a blue aura glowed around him as he Reaved Shield Wall, which was the only creature visible to the party! Ballas saw what happened with the Debilitator, and did nothing.

Shield Wall tried to attack Seliph, but she was too fast, and barely missed a Sentry’s shot as she locked and fired at Shield Wall while it was distracted by the miss it made! Mika attacked it next, and scored a hit while the Debilitator tried to attack, but hit a shadow as Seth struck Shield Wall again!

Ballas still feels the pain of not wanting to help, and stayed put. Both Shield Wall and Sentry attacked Seth at the same time, and Seth parried Shield Wall’s attack while an arrow grazed him!

Seliph wasted no time while Mika, Seth, and the three regained their vision as the other two creatures became visible again! Seliph and Mika targeted the Sentry and managed a double hit when Seliph released her arrow and Mika swung with her staff!

Debilitator struck at Seliph for retaliation and Seth made another strike to Sentry again! Ballas, now with the team again, had a red aura around him as he charged at the Debilitator and struck with all his might! Shield Wall and Sentry aimed differently to Mika and Seliph, which they both retaliated at Sentry!

Debilitator struck at Ballas as Seth finished off the Sentry and Ballas regained his vision! He swings at the Debilitator, and hit a weak spot in its armor as it falls while Ballas felt a bit more stronger!

Shield Wall, using its short sword and club, approached Seth and bashed him! Seliph fired while Mika swung! And while Shield Wall was busy recovering, Seth hit a dent in the armor while Ballas swung hard!

As they look back at Shield Wall, it was starting to falter a bit, but tried to keep up as a blue aura surrounded it as it went to a defensive pose! It hung on for Seliph’s firing, and Mika’s swing! Managed to miss Seth’s strike, and survived from Ballas’ hit, earning it a retaliation to him as he was weakened a little! While Seliph and Mika made a successful attack, Seth stayed put, allowing Ballas to deal the final blow!

And he did! With the creatures gone except for the remains of their weaponry, Ballas, Seth, and Seliph each picked up a weapon that was for them and dropped their previous one.

They each had their own armor that’s stronger and switched into them as Mika, who didn’t had anything new to obtain, turned away as they changed up! Once they were all ready, Ballas left the club as they moved on. No sooner had they left the room as another Thrall encountered them as Seliph wasted no time with a locked arrow to shoot at it! Mika swung her staff, but Thrall was too quick to see a second strike as Seth glowed blue as he Reaved at Thrall!

Thrall retaliated by glowing blue and Swiping at Ballas, and he retaliated back! Seliph fired another arrow while Mika swung her staff at it as they both land their hits! Seth attack again and then Thrall glowed blue again and swung so hard at Seliph that when she got hit, she flew back and hit the stone wall before dropping down! But not before getting back up in a split second as Thrall started breathing hard.

Ballas saw the opportunity and jumped for a swing and landed, but the Thrall is hanging on by a thread! Seliph understands that she can finish it off, but decides to let Mika do it. She scored a hit, and Thrall turned into the dark mist that every creature turns into when defeated! While they celebrated on their victory, they continued moving on, even though there was equipment for Ballas, he ignored it as they move on!

At the next room, they could barely fit inside it! As they continued on, they see a small fairy. “What’s with the tiny fairy?” Ballas asked them, and everyone else shrug.

“Perhaps I can explain that.” Everyone looked at the fairy in surprise. “Of course I can speak! I used to be an Enchanter! I was cursed to stay in this room forever! I haven’t really seen any adventurers in a long time! I hunger for gold, and I’ll help you with your equipment, if you let me in exchange for your gold!”

The party debated on the enchanter, before deciding that Mika should have her equipment up to date, and allowed the fairy to update her staff and robes, but allowed her staff to be enchanted. Ballas also decided to enchant his Shield while updating it.

He liked the results of the update, along with the enchantment on it. Seth asked to enchant his Spear, and he liked how it came out! The party said goodbye to the enchanter, and left the room.

Again, they approached another gamble room. Ballas went over to the box and was ready to place some gold in to play. Before he did that, he looked at his comrades. “Is it good to do this?”

Seth shrugged while Mika and Seliph agreed. Ballas puts in the gold and opens a shell. Almost immediately, the party felt stronger! He does it again, and this time Seth opened a shell, and a longsword came out and clattered to the floor before Ballas picked it up. “Smooth Chrome Longsword.” He said as he dropped the sword. “Too strong for me to handle.”

Ballas placed more gold in as Seliph was next and opened a shell. Empty! “Let me try!” Mika called out as Ballas added the gold again into the box. Mika takes another shell and opens it. Also empty! They move on.

There, they see three different gold chests. Seliph, Seth, and Ballas each opened one. While Seliph and Ballas looked at the equipment they found, neither could say that they could be close to being experienced enough to have them. Seth, meanwhile, took the armor he saw and stuffed it in the bag, confident that he’ll wear it when he’s experienced enough before everyone moved on to the next room.

Upon entering the next room, there’s a vast amount of equipment. There’s also an entity in the middle, but it’s hard to see it except for its outline. Everyone looked at their own section of their equipment while deciding should they buy anything. Ballas looks over every equipment, but concludes that nothing will work for him as he heads over to the exit and waits for his companions.

Mika, though unaccustomed to buying instead of looting, decided that she needed two hands for holding two items, so she took a Stone Wand and a Smooth Tin Power Orb before going to the entity and placing them in front of it. “How much for these?”

The entity looked over them before writing down something and handing it to her: 129 Gold. She took that amount out of the pouch and handed the Gold to it. The entity takes it and hands the items to her as she stuffs them both in the bag before going to Ballas. “Might have to be a bit more experienced to be able to have them, first.

Seth and Seliph looked over what they have for each other. Seth pointed what he wanted, and Seliph grabs them. Once finished, they both presented the items to the entity. “How much for all this?” Seliph asked, and the entity started calculating before handing them a piece of paper: 373 Gold.

They both scavanged for that amount and give it to the entity. It takes the gold, and they grabbed the items. Seth took off his Spikemail and put on the Rawhide as Seliph takes the Spikemail. Once they were all ready, and all items needed in the bag, the party moved on.

The next room was empty. Nothing was there, except for a little bit of light, enough to see the whole room. “Something seems odd.” Ballas said. “We’re not encountering much of the creatures back from the surface.”

“Maybe it’s something new?” Mika suggested. “Or maybe there’s someone, somewhere down wherever, is fighting these creatures.”

“Then that explains why we’re not overrun by those… creatures, yet.” Seliph added in, and they moved on.

Once there, they see a staircase. There were about to go there, but Ballas held a hand up. “That’s too easy! Seliph, be prepared!” She nodded, and locked in an arrow.

Right when she did that, something moved in the shadows! She instantly aimed there and fired! They heard a hiss of pain as it was another creature that cae out! “Another one to find out?!” Balls called out as he glowed red and swung at it!

Mika came after it next and swung her staff at it, scoring another hit as it hissed in more pain! Seth came at it while striking a weak spot, scoring a hard hit! Before Seliph could fire her next arrow, the creature dropped something, and a cloud of smoke appeared, obscuring their sight on the creature!

“It’s a Smoke Dweller!” Seliph cried out. “We won’t be able to see it until the smoke clears!” Everyone agrees and wait for the Smoke Dweller to come out of hiding!

Once it did, though, it was temporarily as it glowed blue while striking at Mika, as she got hit by darkness! “I’m having a hard time seeing, guys!” She called out. They still had to wait because the smoke wall hasn’t been cleared, yet.

It cleared up, and the Smoke Dweller was visible to them! Although… it glowed blue again as it put a finger to what looks like its mouth as it Hushed the party! Everyone has that effect now, and had the same thought: ‘What are we going to do without speaking?!’

Seliph shook her head and fired an arrow from her crossbow. Ballas attacked the Smoke Dweller and felt back at full strength! Mika, though being blinded, tried to attack Smoke Dweller with her staff, and she got lucky!

Seth wasn’t though, and Smoke Dweller retaliated by striking at Ballas! Seliph fired again as Ballas attacked. When the Smoke Dweller attacked Ballas, Mika had her eyesight back and swung her staff at the Smoke Dweller! She managed to kill it as it become just some smoke like all the others!

Almost instantly upon killing it, everyone had they voices back as they cheered on their victory! Except for Seth, as he noticed the dagger that the creature dropped was more powerful than the one he bought from the entity. He made a swap with his Spear, then took out the Stiletto that he bought and placed it in a holster.

When everyone was done celebrating, Mika took out the wand and orb that she bought from the entity and dropped her staff. Then they continued on to the next room.

The next chapter in the next floor will be up when it's done.

• 1 month later...