Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Genuine reasons you have delayed peeing?

On 5/11/2019 at 7:55 PM, Ell19 said:

My close friend is trans and he never ever uses public toilets, he doesn't say anything about it though and if we're going to be out a long time I feel like I should try and do something to be accommodating like find somewhere with a gender neutral bathroom or make it convenient to nip home at some point. But he hasn't said anything and I don't want to embarrass him by asking if he doesn't want to talk about it. At times we've been out all day and he's drunk loads and not gone to the toilet or given any indication he needs to. Maybe he just has a really large bladder and it doesn't concern him. 

Maybe he wears a nappy?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In a meeting. Been in that situation loads.  Stuck in traffic.  Visitors in my house (too shy to go)  on a phone call...business or international or Skype call in church as too emb

Anxietyif other people are around. Specifically not wanting other people to know I need to pee in case I can’t pee when I’ve made it clear I want to. Just being an idiot if I’m alone. I literally

This was such a thing for me in early childhood, and sometimes well past, that I’m going to answer from that age. I think I must have felt a lot of shame about my body (and my accidents) during toilet

These have not happened to myself, but I have witnessed at least these two situations:

1. Baby / small children
2. "Breaking the seal"

Sorry, I can't explain these very well, but I'm trying my best.
And, all of the quotes are my own translations, none of them was speaking the English language originally.

One woman was visiting here with her baby, to meet her friends. 
About 5-10 minutes after she arrived, she mentioned (she was "talking to the baby", although that baby was too young to understand anything):
- "Mom would need to pee, but you will start crying if mom goes to the toilet" 

There were also few other persons at the same time in the same room but nobody commented anything for that.
I was excepting that she would go to visit the toilet anyway, but for my big surprise, she didn't go.
(That group was good friends for each other, so there was no reason to be shy about visiting in the toilet).

Instead of that, one person started servicing a coffee for others, and the mother also took a coffee.
And they were talking all kind of things.

About 45 minutes and one coffee cup later she said (again "to the baby"):
- "Mom needs to pee for real"

But still she didn't do anything to go to the toilet, and I was wondering that.
Also, nobody commented anything for that. I was wondering that too.

30 minutes after that, just before she was leaving the house, she finally said:
- "Somebody needs to keep a company for the baby for a while so I can go to pee".
(After that she went to the toilet. And yes, the baby started crying almost immediately when she left)

I don't know why she didn't take that baby with her to the toilet in the first place if that baby was so "addicted" to her mother, there was enough free space in the toilet for both of them.

Group of "girls" (actually young women, about 20-30 years old) were celebrating a birthday.

They had a plan that first they would spend a few hours at one girl's home, playing some board games, etc. and drinking alcohol. And after that, a few hours later, they would go to eat in a restaurant.
(I was not part of that group but I was in the same house where they were).

So, they were drinking and playing games, spending time, etc.
One of the girls (or women) seemed to need to visit in the toilet more often than the other girls.
When she was once again going to the toilet, she mentioned for the other girls:
 -"It is that damn cider what makes me pee all the time"

And one of the other girls commented for that:
 - "I don't even dare to go pee yet. When you go once, then you have to go all the time."

At that point, they had already been there a while, a few hours. Of course, I don't know if some of then drank more and some of them drank less, but I believe they probably drank quite evenly overall.

And as far as I noticed, she didn't visit in the toilet at all during these few hours, not even when they left the house and went to the restaurant. All other girls visited at least once, most of them a couple of times. Probably she used a toilet in the restaurant then later, I don't know because I was not there then.)

In the beautiful, exhausting run of years when we and our friends had young babies, I can remember several only-half-joking conversations about wet pants and furniture possibly being worth it rather than moving and maybe waking the baby who was finally sleeping.

I doubt anybody ever did it. 

I do remember letting a distressed, crying and finally sleeping newborn cuddled on my tummy soak through his diaper and clothes on me for a long time rather than wake him again.

Edited by nonny (see edit history)
  • Already waiting on hold for some sort of customer service(though I usually do a just-in-case pee right before making such calls to avoid this scenario)
  • Busy shift at work(heck, even when it dies I usually won't go until I clock out unless I'm bursting; when you do, you're supposed to inform someone you're going, which I get but don't really like)
  • Being prohibited by a teacher(happened a lot as a child until my parents got fed up with the UTIs and had "Student will be allowed to go to the bathroom upon request." slapped onto my 504--I think they got away with adding that because my ADD meds were diuretics)
  • Not feeling like getting up out of bed on days I don't have to work

I've had meetings that took place in a security-coded part of the building, which didn't contain loos. We were let in by a security guard with a swipe card and needed to call a guard to let us out again. No one asked to call the guards so they could use the toilet during the 2 1/2 hours, although most of us walked briskly to the absolute closest one as soon as we were let out. 

My social anxiety as a kid is what held me back the most mentally, i was too scared to ask someone if i was allowed to go, nor did i wanna ask publicly and have everyone know

School was mine due to my social anxiety, which continued up until highschool and id try to hold it all out til lunch time because i didnt want to miss any info and get behind. 

Road trips, but i usually slept during those so i was ok

• 3 weeks later...

For me:

Long time on a bus, boat or train with no toilets 

Standing in a queue for portaloos at an outdoor event, especially if it involves booze

Participating in long rehearsals or concerts eg in a church with limited or no toilets

Long exams (3 hours)

Nerve wracking situations like waiting for a job interview or being in a stage performance

Traffic jam

Trying to impress or befriend someone you don't really know who never seems to want to go themselves

Drinking while watching something good on the TV.

Window seat on a plane

Feeling self conscious with other people because you have already been and they haven't, eg when your seal has broken while downing a few beers

Totally absorbed in something until you realise you can't wait any longer

Being out shopping and the toilets are far away.

Long meal in a restaurant.

Trying to prove to yourself that your bladder is bigger or stronger than it is.

On a car ride when someone else is driving - maybe I will put it off until the next service area …..!

Waking up in the night and can't be bothered to get up.