Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What's Your Definition for "Accident"?

As the title, your personal definition.

I realized that the term "accident" could actually have multiple subset definitions, and when I tried coming up with one, it just kinda coincided with desperation wetting, but I don't consider pre-planned, purposed wetting for an audience an "accident" unless they held till unwilling burst. But if, while desperate, the person realizes proper relief is not going to be soon enough, they go ahead and get it over with in their clothes, I do consider than an accident.

Ugh, so many exceptions, makes for a very messy unclear definition.

Someone could induce a loss of bladder control and willingly avoid using the toilet while at the same time genuinely not being able to control the flow of urine once it starts even if they tried. This would be a "willful accident" or perhaps a "willful loss of bladder control" to be more accurate. However a true accident would be where it wasn't planned and the toilet wasn't willingly unused. 

It could also be a situation where one begins to hold intentionally for omorashi purposes and later decides they do not wish to wet themselves anymore, but due to unexpected circumstances it becomes a real unintentional accident, or would it be intentional since they planned it from the beginning even if they later decided they didn't want to anymore? I don't think so, it was just a thought.

Edited by facade (see edit history)
35 minutes ago, desperatewet said:

Did you let go willingly or unwillingly? Unwillingly is an accident, willingly is not. That's my simple view of it.

I think my definition is a bit more complicated.

Willingly letting go and wetting would normally classify as wetting, but I may also willingly let go if I am really desperate and hurting and I have no possibility to go to the toilet - in that case I would definitely not call it a voluntary wetting but an "induced accident".

Unwillingly letting go may also happen in the case @facade describes, and would in the case of induced despecation, not neccesarily be an accident.

I think, you would have to define two things: is the desperation a choice and is letting go a choice - if neither is a choice it is definetely an accident, if one of them is a choice it may be an accident and if both of them were on purpose it is not an accident.

I agree with the OP on most points. I think any real loss of control whether planned or unplanned should be called an accident. I also think that is it decided to intentionally decided to pee ones pants and the reasoning is they can not hold it long enough to make it to a tiolet, that’s an accident. I only think it’s not an accident if it’s fully intentional and complexly decided.

However, one question for everyone: does one have to completely void their bladder for it to be an accident or do you count a spurt or leak an accident too? 

I like the idea of trying to come up with generally accepted definitions for these things, especially if they lead to better conversations and better tags for videos.

I define an "accident" as any peeing in clothing that was unintentional. By this definition, we would consider peeing due to a sneeze or being scared to be a form of accident. This definition hinges completely on whether the event was intended. So, even if the person doesn't lose control, if the person wasn't intending to pee in their pants that day, I would call it an accident. Even if a person gives in due to pain or discomfort, if they started that excursion without intending to pee their pants, the outcome was an accident.

There are some more complex scenarios here too. If a person intends to pee themselves at home but ends up misjudging their capacity and peeing themselves in the car on the way home, I would still classify it as an accident because it includes an unintentional element.

So, since "accident" is so broad, I like to specify further: a "desperate accident" is an unintentional wetting that occurs as a result of desperation. Similarly, a "laugh accident" would be an unintentional wetting that occurs as a result of laughing. Simply holding your pee, intentionally, until you lose control would be a "desperate wetting".

Edited by surrealexp (see edit history)

If someone is holding because they like holding then a wetting isn't really an accident. A real accident is when someone who is probably not an omorashi fan wets because they really can't hold on.

That might be because they can't get to a toilet either through a circumstance like being stuck on a train or because someone in authority refuses them permission to go to the toilet. Alternatively it might be that they were careless about identifying the need to go and wet themselves by accident. Of course there's always having had rather too much alcohol as another cause of accidents!

For me, definition of accident is when I can't hold it any more and urine comes out by its self, no matter why. Of course, accident can happen totally unplanned, like when I wet myself form fear or nervousness, or because I force myself in the situation where I can't hold it long enough to use the bathroom.

The opposite to wetting accident is intentional peeing, in my clothes or in the toilet.

1 hour ago, BENAir01 said:

I agree with the OP on most points. I think any real loss of control whether planned or unplanned should be called an accident. I also think that is it decided to intentionally decided to pee ones pants and the reasoning is they can not hold it long enough to make it to a tiolet, that’s an accident. I only think it’s not an accident if it’s fully intentional and complexly decided.

However, one question for everyone: does one have to completely void their bladder for it to be an accident or do you count a spurt or leak an accident too? 

I don’t count a spurt or a leak as an accident unless it leaves a visible wet patch in my clothes.

11 hours ago, desperatewet said:

Did you let go willingly or unwillingly? Unwillingly is an accident, willingly is not. That's my simple view of it.

10 hours ago, JMatthews1995 said:

Unwillingly releasing any amount of pee in any form of clothing or nakedness ?

9 hours ago, SoggyShorts said:

An accident is when you didn't mean to do it.

I don't have them.  I have deliberates.

Ideologically, I think it's a little more complicated than that  because you have to define "willing" or "mean to" as well.

1. What if the person were intentionally holding it for a long time as an interest in omo, but they want to break a holding record before they wet intentionally. But they sneeze and end up peeing sooner than desired. They unwillingly let go, but willingly wanted to. 

2. A person in hiding is holding it, but they need to run from danger in a few minutes. So they  unwillingly didn't want to force themselves to pee in their clothes before waiting to bursting point, but they willingly did. 

10 hours ago, Lils said:

I think, you would have to define two things: is the desperation a choice and is letting go a choice - if neither is a choice it is definetely an accident, if one of them is a choice it may be an accident and if both of them were on purpose it is not an accident.

I love this definition. It's clean and universal. It can be worded as:

An accident occurs when either desperation, wetting, or both are in some way unwanted. (It isn't an accident if both were wanted.) Desperation accident occurs when an an accidental wetting results in long-term holding.

So if someone were offered money in a dare to have a desperate accident, even if the person wants the money, it could still be an accident if they didn't prefer to go through with it (i.e. in some way unwanted), even though it's planned and they are doing it.

14 hours ago, Slater said:

So if someone were offered money in a dare to have a desperate accident, even if the person wants the money, it could still be an accident if they didn't prefer to go through with it (i.e. in some way unwanted), even though it's planned and they are doing it.

While true and accurate, it's possibly a bit pedantic.  If such an offer were made to me, I would take it as a colloquial/metaphorical/euphemistic expression that they would like to see me piss in my pants.  I would take their money and give them what I believe they are asking for.

The example was just a clarification on the definition, meaning whether or not it's an accident is based on the wishes of the wetter's psyche, not the situation.

In your response in the situation, if you planned on wetting yourself, wanted to, and you forced it out sooner than unwilling lost control, by the given definition you did not have an accident.

If you don't look forward to it, require the bribe for it, but in desperation you force yourself to pee, that would be an accident. Or, if you willingly and wanted to do it, but hold to uncontrollable bursting, that's also an accident, a specific type of accident, a desperation accident.

The definition is simple: An accident occurs when either desperation, wetting, or both are in some way unwanted.

• 4 years later...

To answer this we have 2 things to consider:

1. Circumstance 

2. Volume 

Starting off, I'd define an 'accident' as any release of urine into your pants that was not intentional. So if you planned on wetting yourself, and forced it out before you physically lost control that is not an accident. If you didn't plan an accident, and were super desperate to the verge of wetting, but you let it out slightly early, thats an accident. If you didn't plan it, and had some form of bladder contraction that started a wetting, thats also an accident. 

If you deliberatly set yourself up in a senario where an accident would occur, and had an accident due to an untrollable release of urine, thats an accident, but I'd call it a planned accident. 

What we next need to consider, is volume. Do we define a small spurt in your underwear as an accident? This is entirley up to opinion, but here is what I think: A small spurt of pee in your underwear that doesn't show on your pants, isn't an accident. 

Any spurt of pee that shows on your pants, IS an accident. However a small little spot on your pants might be defined as a 'little accident' and a big spot/full bladder evacuation either a 'big accident' or just an 'accident'