Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

If you could be the main character in any video game....

....which game would it be and why?

Though there's lots of games I've enjoyed over the years, I would probably have to be the main character from the Pokémon games, more than likely during the Gold/Silver/Crystal games. The idea of having such creatures in your everyday life does sound awesome. I mean, I could have a firebreathing dog!

Keeper/Underlord from Dungeon Keeper and War for the Overworld (which is Dungeon Keeper in everything but its name). What's not to like about being an omnipresent evil spirit who can rule their own realm, defeat, capture and corrupt heroes and even possess their leotard-clad fairy spellcasters when you get bored? It feels so good to be bad! And Kira is p cute.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 12:03 AM, OmoXenomorph said:

It'd have to be Link for me as well. The amount of time I've spent in the Zelda universe and the intense nostalgia that I have for that franchise is unmatched by any other game that I play. And if I had to pick one incarnation, it'd be the Link in Link's Awakening.

On 11/12/2018 at 5:58 AM, DrBorderline said:

I was originally going to say something like Undertale or Delta Rune (huge goatbro fan) but the mention of Link reminded me of my love for those kinds of real time adventure games; dungeon exploration, puzzle solving, and so on. Not that confident in my abilities with a sword, but I could definitely ruin some folks' day with a big ass hammer.

On 11/20/2018 at 1:43 AM, PPP said:

I'd say Link in his Breath of the Wild incarnation. I'd love to be able to explore the gorgeous Hyrule of that game and shield-surfing would be a blast. Also I could run around in my underwear and set everything on fire.

There's four of us! Lets go on a four sword adventure! 

573.png