Mech Arena: Horizon Clash

Recommended Posts

 

“Fine…” You sigh. It was best to just get it out of the way. At least your compartment would give you some privacy, even if it didn’t give you much room. Grasping the bottle in your hand, you shuffle yourself a few inches forward, stopping only when your knees are cramped up against the controls. There was barely enough room as it is, you hardly hang off the chair let alone have enough space to hold a bottle between your legs. It was going to be a tight squeeze. You unzip the front of your body suit, exposing your breasts and midriff to the chilly air and slide your left arm out, letting the left side of your suit fall down onto the chair.

 

You stop, remembering that the hatch is open. You didn’t want Zoe to hear this, or have any involvement at all. Some privacy was not much to ask for. You stand up, wrap your body suit around your arm and bang on the ceiling of the cockpit.

 

“What? What’s up?” Zoe responds to the banging of the metal.

 

“Close the hatch.” You call up. “And no peeking in.”

 

"Pff, it's nothing I haven't seen before. We shared a room for three years." Zoe slams the hatch of the 3V shut. The cockpit is dark but a few small lights around the console help you see what you’re doing. You slide your right arm out of your bodysuit and push the suit down to your waist, your whole upper-body now feeling the cold of the small metal chamber. Your breasts are small but perky and thanks to a crude diet of energy drinks you maintain a thin figure. Your arms too are thin, but exercise and pilot practice has given them some definition. You push the suit down more, pressing it down past your butt and crotch. It feels good to finally get the tight clingy fabric out of the crack of your butt. You hated this suit and only after first wearing it did you wish you'd protested how "violating" it was. Ultimately, you kept your mouth shut as your dad listed off the importance of having a bodysuit like the one you were wearing. Most of the reasons escaped you as you spent half the time distracted, pulling clingy fabric out from both your but tcrack and from between your legs. Now you were stuck with it, making everything you did much more uncomfortable than necessary. It even made taking a piss a bigger chore than it needed to be.

 

Semi-naked in the cockpit of your mech, about to piss in a plastic bottle. This was not what you had in mind when you were envisioning your first fight. You suck up your feelings and just try to power through. All that’s left is to rest the bottle between your legs and do your business. You’re hesitant about doing it, sitting for another moment, your body suit pulled down around your thighs with barely enough room to piss. With a faint but frustrated sigh, you inch forward a little more and rest the bottle between your thighs, pushing the funnel up against your lowers lips. It takes you a moment to get started, like a mental block is refusing to let you pee. You bite your lip, close your eyes and try to pretend you’re not here. You imagine yourself by a large waterfall out in the country, imagine the water rushing by you. That helps to ease you up.

 

A warm spurt falls from between your legs, growing into a gentle and tepid stream that washes down the side of the funnel, trickling into the bottle beneath. You were doing this, you couldn't believe it, but you were; it was better than wetting yourself in a fight at least. Nerves had a habit of sneaking up on you, and you were always fearful of having a nervous bladder. The sound of tinkling echoes around the small space. It felt shameful, but you felt better to be relieving yourself before a fight, letting out a small joyous sigh from your quivering mouth. You empty yourself into the bottle, feeling the plastic grow warm as the bottle fills with piss. The last few drops dribble from between your legs, dripping down the funnel and into the half-full bottle. The smell of fresh pee hangs strongly in the small chamber.

 

You take one of the tissues Zoe had graciously provided you, toss aside the oil smudged one and use a clean one to wipe the final drops from between your lower lips. There’s nowhere to dump the tissue; you could throw it aside but you didn’t want to litter your cockpit with a pee-stained tissue. The best thing you can do is put it in the funnel and let Zoe dump it in a toilet with the the contents of the bottle.

 

Finally, it was over and you were feeling relieved. Now for the worst part, letting Zoe deal with your makeshift urinal. You bang on the top of the mech again and wait for Zoe to reply. “Zoe!” You shout when she doesn’t respond.

 

The hatch opens and the smell of fresh pee is drowned out by the aroma of cigarette smoke. That was her third one in five minutes. You would say something, but you couldn’t speak as you clutched a half-full urinal bottle warm with your own produce.

 

“Finished?” Zoe asks. “You’ve christened the mech?” You can feel her smirk just from her words alone. She knew you were shy about discussing bodily functions ever since you’d shared a dorm together at university.

 

“Just take the damn bottle.” You reply bitterly, pausing to grunt as you try to put your suit back on. Before she has a chance to look in you pull your bodysuit up, struggling to pull the suit past your butt. “Fucking suit…” You grunt. With a little effort you finally cover your butt and get your suit back on, covering your body. Immediately the first thing you feel is the tight fabric nestling itself between the crack of your butt. “When this is over I want to choose my suit. I hate this one.” You grumble.

 

“Really?” Zoe peers her head over the hatch and into the cockpit. “I think you look cute in it. It really shows off your cute figure.” She lowers her hand into the chamber. You hand her the bottle, hiding the embarrassment on your face by looking at the consoles. “Thank you.” She says with mocking sincerity, taking the bottle from you. “Jeez, you really need to lay off those energy drinks.”

 

“Just get rid of it.” You reply, giving no time between Zoe’s words or your own.

 

“Yeah, yeah. I’ll dump it in one of the old tanks. We’re going to throw it out anyway.” An alarm rings out three times. “Ah, perfect timing.”

 

Part of you already knew what that sound meant, but your eagerness still compels you to look up. You turn around and see it for the first time; the red warning light is now glowing green. A klaxon sounds through the hangar. “Contestant 26732: Please head to your hangar. Contestant 26732: Please head to your hangar. Time until lift departure: 1 minute.”

 

Excitement and fear begin rushing through you in equal parts; your skin feels prickly, your heart is beating, and your lips quiver with anticipation. The moment, at long last, was finally here. “It’s finally time.” You say with a huge grin.

 

“Alright, get your butt settled back in the seat while I get all this stuff disconnected.” Zoe’s voice crackles through the radio. “Me and your dad ran the diagnostics earlier. Your weapons are all fully loaded, rotary system and the gunlance mechanism are running smoothly and the EMP is fully charged.” Zoe types frantically. “You’re good, nice and empty, and according to my tablet all your vitals are good.” She pauses for a moment. “Let’s try to keep you that way.”

 

You sit back down in the cockpit and rest your arm against the handles for the mech. After a moment you reach up above you and flick a switch, deactivating the brakes.

 

“You still feeling that excitement?” Zoe asks you. “I gotta admit, I’m starting to feel it myself. You’re about to properly pilot a mech, against a real opponent. I’ve got a favour to ask of you.” You hear the sincerity in Zoe’s voice even through the hissing of static.

 

Settling into the pilot seat, you grasp both handles and look forward. “What is it?”

 

“Me and your dad put a lot of effort into getting the 3V up and functioning so let’s see our work pay off tonight, huh? And please don’t get the thing wrecked.”

 

“Don’t worry,” you run your hands along the console, “I’ll take good care of her.”

 

“Good, because if I have to spend my time welding parts back on, we’ll never see each other. And I don’t think you want to spend the next few days going through journals with Abigail.” You laugh, so does Zoe. “Alright, I’m gonna be with you the whole way. Let’s win us a fight!” She cheers.

 

With those words spoken, the cockpit vibrates and you hear the whirring of gears beneath your feet. The klaxon sounds again and you realize now that the elevator beneath you is rising, lifting you up to the arena. Through the small viewport, you watch the hangar beneath you disappear, becoming a bland concrete grey that moves in rhythm with the whirring of the lift.

 

The elevator ascends to the arena. It’s time. Your first fight, against Hina Katsumi. If you win, then your path along the amateur division begins.

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chapter I: Hina Katsumi

 

As the platform rises, the cockpit of the 3V vibrating with the movement, you feel an odd sense of calmness. The panic disappears, your thoughts are clear, and suddenly this fight doesn’t seem so terrifying. Was it the ultimate feeling that this was about to happen? You were familiar with the controls, settled properly into the cockpit and ready to fight. There’s only one thought left in your head. “My whole family is watching. I’m going to win this.” Those were your sacred words, and you’d keep them close to your heart.

 

The lift gives you time to think about your opponent. A vanguard pilot who'd made a small reputation for herself fighting in unofficial mech tournaments. Now she wanted her hand at winning the amateur division and going up into the pro league, just like any pilot. It would be a difficult fight, and piloting a behemoth like the 3V against a small agile fighter like a Vanguard, you knew you were at a disadvantage. You'd have to be quick thinking, make the right decisions at the right times and if done properly, you'd be able to catch The Angel out. Once she was weakened or pinned by the 3V, she'd be at your mercy.

 

The darkness of the hangar becomes a bright blinding light, the cheering you had heard from the lower tunnels is so close now. This was it. You look out through the cockpit into the large arena; a dome of steel that reaches high up into the heavens, rows of heavy lighting rigs beaming down on you. Around the edges, you see the spectators, a large roaring crowd who erupt in violent joy as they watch your mech rise to the arena. “Ladies and Gentleman! The next fight is an amateur skirmish between Pilot Amelie Rigton!” Your first taste of the crowd came in the form of cheers as the announcer read out your name over the loudspeaker. “And Hina Katsumi!”

 

From across the battleground, you watch your opponents mech rise from their hangar. Hina Katsumi, and her mech: The Angel. They’re greeted with similar applause, loud cheers erupt from the stands for your opponent just as they had for you. Of course they did. The crowd hadn’t picked a favourite yet. As long as punches were thrown and sparks flew violently, they didn’t care who hit who. With more experience and some, even if the smallest, weight to her name, Hina surely had to be the more favourable. People would be rooting for her more, but people also loved a good underdog and with your own history; an engineering graduate with zero pilot experience outside of simulations, you were about as much an underdog as they came. You crack your knuckles and sit back in the seat. You were going to show this crowd how an underdog fights.

 

“BOTH CONTESTANTS ARE NOW READY AND WAITING IN THE ARENA! LET’S GET THE BATTLEGROUND SET UP!”

 

Several blue lights shoot out from the ground, separating you and Katsumi from each other. They reach up high and expand, spreading out and connecting with each other, forming a square. A force field activates between the blue lines. Several smaller grids begin to form between the large area marked by the blue box, creating a variety of different shapes and designs resembling buildings. This would be your arena, a digitally constructed battleground that would serve as cover and a fighting area for you and your opponent. The shapes being formed would then materialize into buildings, replicating a cityscape, fully destructible and fully exploitable by either side. “So I’m fighting her in a city, huh?” You smirk, fate may just be on your side. “All these tall buildings, it’ll make it hard for her to manoeuvre properly.”

 

As the grids form, you take one good look at The Angel from across the arena, sizing up your opponent before the skirmish. A small white and black mecha, roughly half the size of the 3V. It was a sleek design too, allowing the vanguard better mobility. It’s more humanoid shaped, resembling a tall metallic being in light metal armour. The first thing of note is the Vanguard’s jump pack, a large winged pack mounted on the rear that resembles a pair of long, majestic angel wings. That explains the name. The right gauntlet wields a long, thin blade. The left gauntlet is empty. That isn’t right; Zoe’s info had shown the Angel wielded an EMP throwing disc but it wasn’t mounted to the mech. You’re not sure why. It looks as if it has been dismounted for the fight, meaning she could potentially have something hidden. There was no way Katsumi had come into this fight without something. You’d have to be wary of that.

 

Finally, the grids fully form. You watch as the digital construction is created. It’s like watching a full city being built, brick by brick the simulation is formed from the ground up. The final result is a stretch of skyscrapers and tall buildings that look like any cityscape. The buildings were tall, preventing you from seeing your opponent. When the siren rang out and the fight commenced, you'd be required to hunt down your opponent among the cover of brick and buildings. For now, it was a game of cat and mouse.

 

“ARE YOU READY! 3...2...1…” The announcer pauses. “FIIIIIGHT!” A klaxon sounds, signalling the start of the fight. The force field engulfing the battleground vanishes and the fight is underway.

 

It had begun, your first battle. From across the arena you see a large trail of smoke spray into the sky. The Angel, it was already on the move, navigating the cityscape. It had to be moving toward you. That was always the game plan of a Vanguard mech, move in and pester the big targets until they were vulnerable. She’d be coming for you, and you needed to be ready to fight her. You think for a moment; the city would provide good cover, but you’d be prone to being easily flanked among the tall buildings, but at least you would be able to limit her manoeuvrability. Holding your ground could prove to be a good strategy too, it would be easier to keep track of The Angel’s movements, helping you pick the right time to attack, but you’d open the 3V up to an assault.

 

What do you wish to do?

 

>Hold your ground and wait for Angel to come to you

 

>Advance into the city and attempt to find cover

 

>Other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

You had a strategy, and quickly it unfolds in your head. The Angel had to come to you. You could sit and wait out this fight if you had to. Katsumi and her mech would have to hunt you down. She needed to wear down a Titan, peel at its armour, dismember the weaponry, she had to go on the offensive. You just had to wait and bait out a few attacks. When the moment was right, you could attack her. That’s all you needed; one good hit.

 

You pull the levers forward and move the 3V. The cockpit rocks as you maneuver forward a few steps out of the open. A small amount of cover to keep your back protected would be good. You'd need your thrusters operational for this fight.

 

“You’ve got a game plan, right?” Zoe asks worryingly.

 

“You’re gonna get mad at me, but yeah I do.” You quickly pull a lever above your head. Rotary cannon loaded, gunlance on standby. Above you the gears and systems of your main weapon begin whirring. the gunlance holsters, the rotary gun replacing it on the right gauntlet. “She has to come to me. So I’m baiting her out.” You move the 3V a few steps forward, between the cover of a few small buildings. “The 3V’ll take it. I need her in a good position.”

 

“Alright, I’m putting my faith in you. Don’t get crazy though. She’s an experienced pilot remember.”

 

Over the rooftops to your west, you see her, a metallic angelic figure approaching you rapidly, a dark shadow that quickly converges on your location. The Angel moves quickly over the rooftops, using its mounted thrusters to leap and maneuver forward with pace. It doesn’t take The Angel long to descend upon you, launching itself from the rooftop above you and slashing downward with its longsword. 

 

You push the 3V forward, barely avoiding the swipe of The Angel’s longsword. It lands with a hard crash, the blade of the longsword leaving a clean, fine slash in the ground where the 3V had stood. She’s not done, attempting to lunge forward and strike at the 3V’s front plate in a swift follow up from her first attack. For a mech, the Angel moved swift and fluently, almost as if it was human. The slashes are quick and precise. You back up again, barely avoiding the quick onslaught of blade attacks. Your evasion has you move into the side of the a building, crashing through the structure, a downpour of concrete and brick showers the 3V. Once it clears, you see The Angel. She was closer now, the longsword held with both hands of the mech. The next attack would hit you; the 3V couldn’t move back further than The Angel could lunge. A direct swipe would do minimal damage to the armour, but if she could strike any of the armaments on the 3V, they’d be cut off cleanly.

 

She was right in front of you, ready to strike. If you were going to attack, now was the time to do it. She was in melee range, but she was highly maneuverable. Right now, The Angel is fully armoured, fully powered and going on the offensive, you needed to keep the pressure off for now.

 

What do you wish to do?

 

>Open fire with the rotary cannon

 

>Attempt to EMP the Angel

 

>Attempt to ram the Angel

 

>Attempt to melee the Angel

 

>Move to cover

 

3V Current Status

Mech Frame: R3K5-Titan

Core Power: Full

Armour Integrity: Maximum

 

Right Gauntlet: Rotary Weapon System (Online) (10/10)

Left Gauntlet: XL EMP Gauntlet (Online) (Charged)

Left Shoulder: Trident Missile Defense System (Online) (15/15)

Rear Cockpit: R3K5 Aftermarket Thrusters (Online)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im definitely over thinking this, but I vote for-

>Open fire with the rotary cannon

We're in melee range, that must mean the rotary cannon has a higher chance to hit. So rather than opening ourselves up to receive an attack by physically striking, use a ranged attack so we stand still and prepare to avoid any incoming attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bismiris said:

Im definitely over thinking this, but I vote for-

>Open fire with the rotary cannon

We're in melee range, that must mean the rotary cannon has a higher chance to hit. So rather than opening ourselves up to receive an attack by physically striking, use a ranged attack so we stand still and prepare to avoid any incoming attack.

I agree with this but it's actually because I just like guns.

Edited by Sammy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Angel was at perfect range for you to open fire with the cannon. If you could land one or two good hits, you’d puncture her mech’s armour. Vanguard armour was as thin as sheet metal, light and weak for mobility, but it couldn't withstand heavier rounds. All you needed was to hit her in the right place and the heavy round would penetrate her armour like it was paper. You slam the slider above the cockpit forward. The reloading mechanism above you comes to life, whirring as the cannon chambers a heavy round. “Rotary Cannon Ready!” The on-board computer informs you.

 

You take aim at The Angel, barely out of melee range. She was so close, it would be impossible not to hit. You smirk and slam the slider back, firing the first shot. The cannon erupts, shaking the cockpit and staggering you as the round is fired. A blast of smoke explodes from the barrel, swept away by the velocity of the heavy round as it surges toward its target. The sound, even from in here, is almost deafening.

 

Unfortunately, even at such a close range, the shot misses its target. The Angel dashes into the air, dodging the shot with agility, evading the incoming shot by a mere inch. The heavy round penetrates a tall building in the center of the arena, exploding the lower floors and leaving behind a clean hole that cuts through the entire lower structure, scattering debris around the area.

 

Impossible. It’s almost as if she had anticipated the attack. You strike the cockpit out of frustration, cursing loudly. You were sure that would hit; she was only a few feet away. Not only was The Angel highly agile, she knew how to utilize it. A lesser pilot wouldn't have been able to evade that in time. You slam the cockpit a second time. No, she won’t get to evade the second shot. You grasp the slider and throw it forward with all your strength and wait for the Rotary Cannon to reload. “Rotary Cannon ready!”

 

The Angel lands ahead of you, readying its katana for a forward slash. The wings expand, their thrusters warming up for an attack. She was going to charge at you, using her thrusters to lunge. She was a target launching right at you. This time you needed to pick your shot. A good hit would penetrate her armour, but if you could strike her wings, she’d be grounded. There was no way those things could resist a high caliber round. One good hit and they'd break, denying her any mobility and forcing her to fight you on the ground.

 

Your hand lingers on the slider, keeping it pushed forward. "Take aim and fire." You tell yourself.

 

Select a target

 

>Attempt to penetrate The Angel’s armour

 

>Attempt to destroy The Angel’s wings

 

>Attempt to immobilize The Angel

 

>Attempt to disarm The Angel

 

>Other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Destroy her wings so we can start to punch her in the face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The wings; They were your target. With the Angel fast approaching with its katana raised, you could deal some serious damage to her. You slam the slider back on the rotary cannon, grinning as the round is fired. The 3V jolts, the force of the cannon firing pushes you back into your seat. You watch the heavy shell fly towards the approaching Angel at high velocity. At that speed, it would tear her wings apart. Hell, any part of her would be torn apart.

 

She tries to evade, performing a roulette mid-air in an attempt to evade the incoming round. But even for a Vanguard,The Angel is too slow, turning too late to properly avoid the incoming round. She makes herself a bigger target, and instead of striking the wing, you watch with awe as the heavy round strikes The Angel’s frame with thunderous force. You couldn’t believe it, watching with an open jaw. The tall, poised stance of the mech ceases instantly, the katana it wielded in two hands crashes to the ground and The Angel falls limp. The jump pack hisses and shuts off, causing The Angel to fall from the air and strike the ground, grinding across the concrete in an explosion of sparks. The high-pitched screeching of metal against concrete can be heard in the cockpit, hissing against your ears. She lands just a few meters from you, completely still at the feet of the 3V. You couldn’t believe it, a single shot and she was down. The Angel was completely immobilized.

 

“AND THAT SHOT HAD SOME STING TO IT!” The announcer yells with glee, encouraging the audience to join him. The arena fills with overwhelming screams of excitement. “HINA KATSUMI IS ENTIRELY AT HER OPPONENTS MERCY! THAT IS UNLUCKY FOR THE PILOT, WHO MIGHT JUST FIND HERSELF PART OF THE SHORTEST FIGHT TONIGHT!" He's enjoying this, every bit of it as much as you are.

 

You settle back into the pilot seat and take a deep breath, your hands shaking with excitement. You could end this right now. This was the kind of situation a Titan needed; A weak, nimble opponent immobilized beside the behemoth. She was a perfect target for an EMP. It would be brief but you could do some damage while she restored her systems. It would be risky against such a melee-oriented mech. Once she was stabilized she could start attacking you again, making easy work of it with you in proximity.

 

You had your booster too. Without any mobility, The Angel couldn’t escape from a charge. You look beyond the narrow street you’re fighting in. The building you had pierced with the first shot, she could be charged through it. Such an attack against light armour would deal some heavy damage. It would force you out into the open. If Katsumi could get her mech working again, you'd be fighting her on her ground.

 

What do you wish to do?

 

>Melee The Angel

 

>Charge The Angel

 

>EMP The Angel

 

>Other

 

3V Current Status

Mech Frame: R3K5-Titan

Core Power: Full

Armour Integrity: Maximum

 

Right Gauntlet: Rotary Weapon System (Online) (8/10) IMPALER MK.1 Gunlance: (Ready for deployment)

Left Gauntlet: XL EMP Gauntlet (Online) (Charged)

Left Shoulder: Trident Missile Defense System (Online) (15/15)

Rear Cockpit: R3K5 Aftermarket Thrusters (Online)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.