Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Best time to take diuretics to increase desperation / fill rate?

Hey everyone. I just ordered a package of over-the-counter diuretics from Amazon in hopes that they can help my body reach the point of an accidental wetting, or at least heavy leaking within a reasonable time period. I have an obscenely large bladder and as I am now, getting desperate to the point of leaking is an affair I just don't have the patience for. I'm wondering if anyone has experience with diuretics and knows the best time to take them in relation to a hold. Should I take them first and then drink a bunch, or drink a bunch and then take them?

Thanks for any info.

With any effective diuretic, there is the danger of electrolyte imbalance, that can cause pretty significant risk. I suspect this is the reason there are no effective OTC diuretics available, except caffeine.

If you don't wish to use caffeine or alcohol, then my suggestion is dandelion leaf tea (or capsules).  The leaves are what you want, not the roots. The roots are great for liver detoxification, but the leaves are what make you pee. They are unique in that they actually promote proper electrolyte balance ( I think they are high in potassium) so they can safely be consumed in pretty large quantities. One poster in another thread mentions she has luck with catnip as well. You still need adequate water intake. No matter what kind of diuretic you consume, you want to increase your fluid intake after consumption.

I stole the following blurb for you from the interwebs " Dandelion greens themselves are high in iron, calcium, Vitamins A, C, K and B2 among other vitamins and minerals, and at one point were used for medicine. On top of that, they also contain more protein and iron than spinach. Dandelion greens are also a diuretic, which is where the old tale that dandelions cause bed-wetting came about. (The French slang word for dandelion, pissenlit, literally means piss in the bed.) "

1 hour ago, Bulge_Lover said:

Sorry man, they didn't seem to do much of anything. The hold went just the same as it always does.

No worries man. I thought that might be the case but was hopeful that it wasn’t, like maybe they would react differently with the volumes of water we are drinking. 

I think it might be one of those things where we’re stuck with what nature gave us. I’ve read studies where some participants have output up to 20ml/min but i personally can only get up to 10-11 completely overloaded with water (which is a tiny bit less than average). 

The easiest way to get a fast fill rate is to  go several hours without eating. then drink water at a good rate. pop can work but for some the sugar acts as a laxative and it comes out the other end instead. Some like teas but be careful of a lot as all that caffine can give you cramping in your intestines and up set stomach too.  You usally want to take some Gatorade if drinking a lot of water to get some minerals  and electrolytes in. Once done with it and your back to eating food be sure to take a vitamin mineral tablet to replace the vitamins and minerals that were flushed out with all the water drinking. You sould be able to get even a really large bladder full to the point your leaking in a reasonable time that way.