Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Varying Capacity

Guest drenna

Just thought I'd share something a bit weird. So even though I'm not really into holding, I tried it out a few times a while ago. Whenever I did finally go, I would realize that I could hold a lot before I simply couldn't wait any longer. However, I've begun to notice that throughout the day, if I accidentally get desperate, I'm not really holding much at all by the time I go. It just seemed weird to me that even though I feel the same degree of desperation, I randomly seem to be holding different capacities.

Sorry if my explanation isn't really clear. I had a bit of trouble putting this into words. Does anyone else experience this? 

There are a number of different things that can affect how desperate you might feel, even if you're not as full as you can be. Ie, some drinks will irritate the bladder lining and make you feel like you have to go more strongly regardless of how much is actually in your bladder. If you're drinking mostly water when holding deliberately, but drinking something caffeinated when you end up desperate accidentally, that might be affecting it :)

At 66 my age probably has something to do with it. As Omol said what you drink matters especially caffeine .  

Your profile does not mention your gender. If you are female and had babies that will  likely affect your holding ability. Age effects both men and women. Men deal with prostate issues. You could also have a urinary tract infection.

All that said , I have noticed for as long as I can remember, so it is not age or caffeinated beverages, that sometimes I can hold on forever and pee a lot. Others, I feel desperate, especially in my penis, yet my bladder is actually not that full. I have also wondered why  this is. 

Sometimes it's psychological.  In your case, when you are intent on holding, your subconscious may expect a certain level of discomfort, whereas at other times when you become just "normally full", your body reacts in a "normal" way and tells you to go pee.

For me it works the opposite.  When I am busy and my mind is occupied with other things, I may not notice that I need to pee until it gets urgent.  If I'm purposely planning on not peeing, I'm much more aware of how full my bladder is.