Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Birdcloud, a Diapered Punk Country Duo

It is utterly unbelievable that my favorite country band, Birdcloud, has received zero accolades here, where you, reader, will no doubt feel pretty hot and bothered. (Or maybe just bothered if you have delicate sensibilities.)

Let me pitch: Birdcloud consists of two women from Tennessee who perform shocking and sometimes satirical country duets with an punk vibe. Also, they wear diapers on stage and are overtly sexual about it.

Evidence:

"Saving Myself for Jesus" ends with a cunnilingus-adjacent harmonica solo by one diapered musician on a harmonica previously hidden in diaper by other musician. See:

(This concert was actually featured in Rolling Stone.)

Their new single, Dode, which arrived in my mailbox yesterday, features this cover:

BR-104-Cover-600x600.jpg

One of the songs on it, "Wild Turkey 101," has the following lyrics:

I've got big titties and a diaper on.

Big titties and a diaper on.

Big titties and a diaper on.

I've got sexy fucking titties and a diaper on.

Sexy titties and a diaper on.

Watch them perform it in diapers and bras from their recent Australian tour (titties and diaper section at 1:50):

Um, ok. I hope you all enjoy this and I hope you buy all their stuff and make them so rich because THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME.

P.S. I've been into Birdcloud since I saw this video three years ago:

Featured lyrics:

You got your body wet in front of other people

And I'm just pissed that I didn't didn't didn't get to go.

I got my body wet in front of other people

And I'm just pissed that I didn't didn't didn't let you know.

So I was thinking about this, and I wonder how self-aware it is. They wear diapers in a sexualized way, so are they into them, or even aware of abdls? Even if they are, their audience isn't. So is it just classic punk shock tactics? Is the audience supposed to experience the 'big titties and a diaper on' chorus as a disturbing juxtaposition of something sexy and something not sexy? Or are one or both of them into it and trying to tune people in to the sexiness of diapers? Or is there no meaning at all and they just do it cause it's punk fuckin' rock? These are things I think about.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/14/2018 at 8:43 PM, DeltaFoxtrot said:

Wow... their music is like, beyond terrible. Like something your roommate who knows a few chords would play when he gets wasted. I want that 5 minutes of my life back.

Yea, I'll reserve most of my thoughts on this, but I'll say I was thoroughly turned off.  I really don't get the need of some people to be intentionally ugly or to destroy beauty.

On 11/18/2018 at 12:52 AM, yaranaika said:

Yea, I'll reserve most of my thoughts on this, but I'll say I was thoroughly turned off.  I really don't get the need of some people to be intentionally ugly or to destroy beauty.

The girls are pretty... unfortunately the only thing they've got going for their act is shock value. I'm not sure if the diapers are a genuine interest or just being done b/c it's taboo and offensive to the general public... much like the lyrics of their songs.