Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Fear wetting in "Ghostland"

7 hours ago, Nephron said:

Yeah their patch looks pretty CGI, don't know why they'd choose to make it CGI.

But any movie fear wetting is loved by me! Thank you!

My guesses are the actress didn’t want to actually pee and getting a harness to work upside down might be tricky, cgi especially of that nature can be done in post so if it wasnt to spare her dignity it definitely saved them money.

I like picturing myself in these situations too, helps to immerse myself in the role and experience what the character does. Ill say right now identifying with this girl will give you one harrowing ride

1 hour ago, WesternWets said:

My guesses are the actress didn’t want to actually pee and getting a harness to work upside down might be tricky, cgi especially of that nature can be done in post so if it wasnt to spare her dignity it definitely saved them money.

I like picturing myself in these situations too, helps to immerse myself in the role and experience what the character does. Ill say right now identifying with this girl will give you one harrowing ride

I don't believe actors or actresses really pee their clothes in the mainstream movies. It's CGI or they would use some kind of system to pour water or some other yellowish liquid to simulate wetting accident.

43 minutes ago, CarmenCD said:

I don't believe actors or actresses really pee their clothes in the mainstream movies. It's CGI or they would use some kind of system to pour water or some other yellowish liquid to simulate wetting accident.

Yeah most do this, I did hear that one or two have legitimately peed themselves, but we can't forget that there are multiple takes of these things, and plus in this scene she has pee running down her face... you can't pay actors enough to do that (unless they are open minded or kinky ? But even then, I'm sure their agents would step in. 

Not to mention the difficulty in controlling your stream for all those takes, a problem Kate Winslet ran into while filming “Holy Smoke” and the bladder harness wasnt doing the job either so she peed what was in her actual bladder and it ran down her legs away from the camera ? for the pee on the face shot here they definitely just poured water down her dress, but for the stain rigging up a device to get that to properly form would be too expensive, time and money wise. The result we get is done with some simple color correcting and masking

4 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

Yeah most do this, I did hear that one or two have legitimately peed themselves, but we can't forget that there are multiple takes of these things, and plus in this scene she has pee running down her face... you can't pay actors enough to do that (unless they are open minded or kinky ? But even then, I'm sure their agents would step in. 

Acting in film or television is actually pretty grueling.  In involves very long days, little in the way of breaks, and shooting for long stretches without a day off, often in less than ideal conditions.  Actors put themselves through quite a lot to bring their scenes to life.  Having an actor pee on camera would be comparatively mild next to many of the things they do.  Also, if an actor's agent tried to step in during the course of a production and start dictating things, there would be serious issues.  An actor's work is governed by their contract, which is negotiated in advance with their agent, but once filming starts the agent isn't really involved with that process.

There are other reasons why mainstream actors don't usually pee for real in such scenes, and @WesternWets was pretty much right on the money.

4 hours ago, WesternWets said:

Not to mention the difficulty in controlling your stream for all those takes, a problem Kate Winslet ran into while filming “Holy Smoke” and the bladder harness wasnt doing the job either so she peed what was in her actual bladder and it ran down her legs away from the camera ? for the pee on the face shot here they definitely just poured water down her dress, but for the stain rigging up a device to get that to properly form would be too expensive, time and money wise. The result we get is done with some simple color correcting and masking

Any film or TV show with any kind of a budget is going to do multiple takes on any scene.  Shooting is expensive, and the last thing a studio is going to want to do is have to go back later and re-film something that got missed the first time.  This is why they do so many takes in different ways, from different angles, when they are filming initially.  If you have the location and the crew there, you might as well try things different ways so there are options during editing.  Also, sometimes a mistake renders a take unusable, but no one catches it until you are in editing, so safety takes are always a must.  Having an actress pee again, and again, and again, for all the different takes involved simply isn't realistic.

In the case of using CGI for something like this, besides the number of takes involved, you also have more control that way.  You can make it look exactly the way you want in post.  Considering the position of the actress in this scene, setting up some sort of bladder-rig may not have been feasible.  It could also be that the initial scene didn't call for her wetting herself, but in editing it was decided they needed something extra to show the terror of the situation.

• 9 months later...
On 9/14/2018 at 11:02 PM, WesternWets said:

So the PMD's update pointed me to a rare upside-down fear wetting in a film called "Incident in a Ghostland" or simply "Ghostland" that came out this year. It's a horror thriller that I recommend if you can handle super intense, because this film really screws with your head and goes to incredibly dark places. I don't wanna provide context for this scene because it'll spoil quite a bit of the film's twist, but basically this brutal manchild lifts up the protagonist by her ankle. She's been dressed as a doll and has been trying to remain still, but it's not working. As she dangles from her one leg a stain forms right on her crotch and if you listen carefully there's a sound effect of urine squelching against the fabric that nearly took me out of the drama. The wet patch sure looks nice but then there's a second shot where it moves and makes me think it was all CGI. Nonetheless we get one more shot involving her urinating, she screams in terror as pee leaks out her dress down her body and all over her face. 

This scene alone is fairly graphic just with the situation this poor girl is in and again I can't go into what happens after out of spoiler avoidance, so if you can stomach this film or at least this brief sequence, here you go...

ghostland_fearP.mp4

Good clip I'm always do love it when mainstream movies have a wetting scene in movies.

Even though the women are not really peeing. 😕 Oh Well.

• 1 year later...
On 9/16/2018 at 9:09 PM, TVGuy said:

Acting in film or television is actually pretty grueling.  In involves very long days, little in the way of breaks, and shooting for long stretches without a day off, often in less than ideal conditions.  Actors put themselves through quite a lot to bring their scenes to life.  Having an actor pee on camera would be comparatively mild next to many of the things they do.  Also, if an actor's agent tried to step in during the course of a production and start dictating things, there would be serious issues.  An actor's work is governed by their contract, which is negotiated in advance with their agent, but once filming starts the agent isn't really involved with that process.

There are other reasons why mainstream actors don't usually pee for real in such scenes, and @WesternWets was pretty much right on the money.

Any film or TV show with any kind of a budget is going to do multiple takes on any scene.  Shooting is expensive, and the last thing a studio is going to want to do is have to go back later and re-film something that got missed the first time.  This is why they do so many takes in different ways, from different angles, when they are filming initially.  If you have the location and the crew there, you might as well try things different ways so there are options during editing.  Also, sometimes a mistake renders a take unusable, but no one catches it until you are in editing, so safety takes are always a must.  Having an actress pee again, and again, and again, for all the different takes involved simply isn't realistic.

In the case of using CGI for something like this, besides the number of takes involved, you also have more control that way.  You can make it look exactly the way you want in post.  Considering the position of the actress in this scene, setting up some sort of bladder-rig may not have been feasible.  It could also be that the initial scene didn't call for her wetting herself, but in editing it was decided they needed something extra to show the terror of the situation.

This is way I like animation more than live-action. and because of this, Live-action films and TV series are VERY time-consuming and waste a lot of money, and would usually take days or months to get an film or TV show done. Animation on the other hand is cheaper and all it's all done by animators and people doing the voice of the characters, All in All, Animation is much better than Live-action, Believe me, I don't even watch any live-action media that often.

Edited by NoWayOmo (see edit history)
  • 5 months later...