Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Willow

You know those startups that form a business model around delivering something to your house? Like dollar shave club or casper mattresses or blue apron? What if there was one that delivered diapers incontinence underwear to you on a recurring basis? Well now there is. Yay? There's even a CNBC bit about the company.

They'll even send you your first 20 pairs for free, but here's the thing: I'm 100% sure their product is rebranded Hasocare underwear. Which I actually tried a while ago and hated due to them not being waterproof. Like there is zero plastic in them. I don't understand how they could be usable for anything more than the level of incontinence someone would use a moderate pad for. But I must be wrong, because people are clearly buying them.

As for the business model, I don't know, why not just buy diapers on Amazon? All I can say is I hope they start running ads on my podcasts soon.

I could be wrong, but aren't there some medical supply companies where customers can simply setup automatic reoccurring orders - e.g. one case every month? They'll charge your card on file and send you whatever diapers you request. I've never used such a service, and I couldn't name any specific companies/suppliers that do this off the top of my head... but I'm sure a company marketing towards people with incontinence would accommodate. Especially since the elderly might forget to order more products.

Update: Actually, I'm pretty sure HDIS does this. I think they even used to advertise this service on TV. I haven't had cable for awhile, but I recall this service being mentioned. And they have real diapers too - not just protective underwear & pads.

Notice how they offer "Personalized Delivery Plans". I think that is exactly what is being discussed here.

https://www.hdis.com/personalized-delivery-plan-details

I chuckled a little bit at the animated video they featured at the bottom of that page.

Edited by Cherry Pie
update (see edit history)