Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Complete Accident Under Complete Control

Err, okay. Somebody negative voted that. The question was wether they disliked the idea, mistakenly believed that I haven't written anything yet because I was just trying to diss them, or just being a jerk. Whoever you are, please tell me why you did that. It cost me an entire reputation point, and that's 50% of my first time ever positive reputation. It hurt.

To be on the safe side in case they didn't like the story idea, I will discontinue writing and headcanons until I receive further information.

Basically, to any user viewing this topic, if you want this story, upvote the above post.

I thumbed you up if for no other reason than to encourage you to keep writing. Although to be honest that post was kind of confusing on first read so I wouldn’t take it too personally. I am curious to see how this pans out. Double upvotes if you could include a messing button on that remote ?

Just now, KozmoFox said:

Please don't beg for votes, or make posts complaining about downvotes.

For future reference, it is the generally accepted practice to post a fanfiction in your fanfiction topic, rather than just saying you're going to write one at some point. That's what status updates are for.

That is the reason I downvoted. I had no idea what you were on about as this seemed to be a short and bad fiction rather than a suggestion and first glance.

14 hours ago, garageguy said:

Err, okay. Somebody negative voted that. The question was wether they disliked the idea, mistakenly believed that I haven't written anything yet because I was just trying to diss them, or just being a jerk. Whoever you are, please tell me why you did that. It cost me an entire reputation point, and that's 50% of my first time ever positive reputation. It hurt.

To be on the safe side in case they didn't like the story idea, I will discontinue writing and headcanons until I receive further information.

Basically, to any user viewing this topic, if you want this story, upvote the above post.

You post a thread in the fiction section that contains no fiction, just a confusingly-worded post saying you'll get around to posting fiction later. You then post again to complain about downvotes to your confusingly-worded post lacking actual content. If you didn't have time to post the actual story, then why post this thread at all? For upvotes? Well if you want upvotes, post something worth upvoting instead of empty promises to post something worth upvoting later.

Edited by tenck5k (see edit history)

EVERYONE MISUNDERSTOOD!

I wasn't intending to stop there at all. I was going to write some, but then realized I had already missed half of supper. I'm not begging for votes, nor strictly complaining about downvotes. I was complaining about downvotes without explanation, but that was really my fault since my original post was confusing. I'm sorry.

To clarify:

It was not a suggestion.

It was meant to be the prelude, but I had to leave.

I had full intentions of writing some once I got back, but I wasn't sure why they had downvoted it, so I didn't. This is because awhile back I got banned for posting about dangerous or harmful activity, and it happened during a period in which I might have been able to retract in time if I had had a chance to visit the forum. That one downvote yesterday had cost me an entire reputation point. I had just gotten out from under the ban warning points, and I didn't want to go under again.

I will try to write some now, but I may have to leave again.

After taking time to review the post and making edits: it sounds like lunch is about to start. Oh, drat.

Edited by garageguy
originally manipulative, may still be so but hopefully not as much (see edit history)

I am trying intellectually not to be manipulative, though I may still be being so. Ahead of time I'm sorry. I have to leave, but I intend to try and write some later. I have now lost a total of six reputation (not downvotes, reputation) points on this forum topic. One more and I am going to make the smart choice and do everything I can to delete this topic.

Edited by garageguy (see edit history)
  • The topic was locked