Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Has anyone really ever had an "accident" in cinema?

On 11/14/2018 at 5:48 PM, AnduinL said:

I also remember reading a newspaper article several years ago about the problem of people wetting themselves in cinema chairs. They interviewed a cinema owner who explained how they would have to change or dry clean seats, and urged people to make sure young children peed before movies, and to leave in time for the bathroom if they had to pee during the movie. Apparently, the Harry Potter movies were notorious for having wet seats afterwards. It's clear that this is not just a fantasy scenario, but something that happens quite regularly.

Yeah, but the fantasy (hopefully for all of us here) is adults doing it, so no idea how common that is... there must be occasions where people go when drunk, or get stuck a long way from the aisle and desperate, get scared into an accident, or just can't tear themselves away from the film. I wonder what the stats are on wet seats after 18-rated movies?

18 hours ago, nappypants said:

Yeah, but the fantasy (hopefully for all of us here) is adults doing it, so no idea how common that is... there must be occasions where people go when drunk, or get stuck a long way from the aisle and desperate, get scared into an accident, or just can't tear themselves away from the film. I wonder what the stats are on wet seats after 18-rated movies?

Pretty low for sure. Most of the people would do anything not to wet their pants in public.

While not an accident, one of the most desperate situations I have ever been in was cinema related.  I was a teenager, and had taken a girl I was friends without to the movies.  It was the last showing that evening.  After the movie I had to pee pretty bad, but the situation wasn't absolutely dire, just severely uncomfortable.  Unfortunately, there was a bit of a line for the theater's bathrooms.

Both of us needed to go fairly bad, so without thinking about it too much, we decided to exit the cinema and duck into the mall to which it was attached, which we knew had bathrooms immediately inside the mall entrance.  It was typical for moviegoers at this theater to use the mall restrooms this way.  As soon as we exited the theater, however, we immediately realized that the mall had long since closed, thus rendering the mall bathrooms inaccessible. The only solution was to go back into the theater and wait in line.  However, this also proved to be an impossibility; As this was the last show of the night, the theater lobby was closed and locked.  There was no way back into the theater. 

We were locked out in the cold with no access to any building that had restrooms, growing ever more desperate by the minute. Ultimately we both ended up relieving ourselves in the shrubbery that was part of the parking lot landscaping for the mall, praying that we were out of range of security cameras.  So, no accidents, but a very desperate movie related experience.

Edit: The concept of a movie theater accident inspired a scenario for an HD Wetting video a while back.  Members of HD Wetting can watch that video here.

Edited by TVGuy
Added video link (see edit history)