Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Diy jean shorts?

So I got kinda in a crafty mood today and I was wondering if anyone had experience turning normal jeans into jean shorts. I watched a ton of YouTube videos on the subject but wanted some advice, so I came here wondering if anyone here had done it! The jeans I picked are not my favorite jeans and I think they make me look fat but I also got them at a thrift shop for very very cheap so if they get completely destroyed it's ok. I have some pictures of them so hopefully that will help. Thanks!!

I know I'm fat btw I'm working on it, sorry???

-Riley

20180731_095952_HDR.thumb.jpg.5c9ba1c24b90ea35943ee96910dc47a9.jpg20180731_095940_HDR.thumb.jpg.e7993bbf39ed7dd95f86940b2e6daf86.jpg

20180731_095617_HDR.jpg

20180731_095530_HDR.jpg

20180731_095514_HDR.jpg

The simplest way would be to try and server them in one straight cut so the legs are even. Possibly place them under a solid object that's hard to move. Thus holding them down and giving a line for where to cut.

As for you. To be honest, you are Hollywood pudgy at best. And this may not be relevant but I do find pudgy girls cute.

1 minute ago, Gemgirl said:

The simplest way would be to try and server them in one straight cut so the legs are even. Possibly place them under a solid object that's hard to move. Thus holding them down and giving a line for where to cut.

As for you. To be honest, you are Hollywood pudgy at best. And this may not be relevant but I do find pudgy girls cute.

How long should I make them?? i can't decide. 

Thanks???

1 minute ago, Gemgirl said:

I would say go a little shorter. Although I do like them now and if it doesn't work out you won't be able to lengthen them again... actually maybe shorter would be nicer.

I can't decide how much shorter to go??? help!

Just now, BlueWetter said:

Your new jean shorts look great!

Fat?? I must be missing something, because I see a pair of sexy legs in those pictures ?

Thank you!?

2 minutes ago, Gemgirl said:

I would say go a little shorter. Although I do like them now and if it doesn't work out you won't be able to lengthen them again... actually maybe shorter would be nicer.

If I go shorter will I look like less of a boy while wearing them??? I'm just worried it will make my legs look even fatter if I go shorter but idk. I could also fold over and see the ends so the have the brighter end so it's flat?

11 minutes ago, Rileyy said:

I can't decide how much shorter to go??? help!

Thank you!?

If I go shorter will I look like less of a boy while wearing them??? I'm just worried it will make my legs look even fatter if I go shorter but idk. I could also fold over and see the ends so the have the brighter end so it's flat?

Okay, I say go shorter. Show off your legs a little. ?

Well depending on some jeans, most jean shorts are a bit loose in the legs, so maybe fine a pair of jeans that have wider leg room, and once you cut them, hem them about an inch, it really depends on your body and how you want it to fit, and based on denim, it frays very easily when cut, so if you put those in the wash the part where its cut will fray a ton, trust me, as someone who has worked in fashion and with denim stuff, based on just the simple cut you did with regular jeans they look great! Id say look up a tutorial for hand stitching a hem, so they dont fray everytime you wash them

• 2 weeks later...