Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Anime Character You Wish Were Your Family

This thread gives two main assignments and an extra credit assignment.  Feel free to answer any that you would like.  You do not need to give a reason if you dont want to.  In this thread there is no such thing as a stupid reason.  If you answer the extra credit, I will hit the like button to add to your reputation points.

#1: Choose up to two characters you would want as your son/daughter.

#2: Choose an anime character that you would like to have in each family member category: mom, dad, and sibilings (1 brother and 1 sister).

#3: Extra Credit: Which anime characters would you like to have as grandparents?   You can choose up to two for candidates for grandfathers and two candiates for grandmothers (one for each is fine). If your having trouble, you can choose a young character who you think would make a great grandparent when older.

Now for my answers:

• Daughter: Yui from Sword Art Online.  The main reason is that she is just so damn adorable.  She is definitely a child that you would want to spoil rotten.
  • Son: Hayate from Hayate the Combat Butler. This character has never known the love of a parent (his parents stole from him and sold him to the yakuza to pay off their debt).  Despite his horrible childhood, he can still smile and treat others with kindness and respect, even when they do not show him the same in return.  His strong work ethic is a plus as well.  Hayate would be a character that I would be proud to call my son.

• Mother: Chichi from DragonBall because she is a kind and caring mother who isn't afraid to knock some sense into her children when they need it.  I also like how she knows when to step back and let her children carve their own path.
  • Father: Its a toss up between Kakashi and Iruka-sensei from the Naruto series.  Both seem like they would be caring fathers capable of guiding their children down a moral path.
  • Sister: Haruhi from Ouran Host Club. The main reason is that she can put up with crazy antics which is a must when you have siblings.  It also helps that she is a voice of reason.
  • Brother: Sebastian from Black Butler. My main reason is that he just seems like the cool older brother type.

• Grandfather #1: Jiraya from Naruto because it would be fun to have a grandpa I could call Pervy Sage.
  • Grandfather #2: Tanaka from Black Butler mainly because he just seems like the grandfather type.  In his chibi form, his personality kind've reminds me of my actual grandpa.
  • Grandmother #1: Lady Tsunade from Naruto for no other reason than I think it would be interesting to see how she would intereact with her grandkids.
  • Grandmother #2: Holo from Spice and Wolf because it would be interesting to have a grandmother who after a certain point would always look younger than me.  Also i would like to see what her grandmotherly instincts would look like.