Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How many of us here have tattoo(s)? I got my first one a few years back (with an interesting story)

so when my cousin passed away, everyone that ever received a card or something with a signature from him got a tattoo of his signature, i had a whole letter from him and wanted to get my first tattoo (i had already thought of getting one a few days after he died) and began designing, i wanted mine to be more than just a signature, i wanted it to be special, we were both irish so i did a big clover with his signature in the middle of it, he taught me how to play mario so i put the mario power ups around the clover, along with a painbrush because he taught me art.

i still need it colored 

I plan to get another in the future in honor of my grandpa who died this year, because we loved eating LAYS chips and taught me how to play golf im gonna try and draw something creative.

I dont know about the meat, i mean I guess its very similar so i wouldnt be surprised, the guy i went to had his own business in his house but he was well known enough for actually doing great tattoo portraits of any person and tattoo companies hated him for it, i got mine on my side which is one of the most tender places, and it hurt so bad

I have several! I love video games and anime and they have become massive parts of my life due to the people I've met through them, and my overactive imagination making me feel close to them, so they are essentially all centered around that except for like, two.

I have:

A dark souls tattoo

Two bioshock tattoos

An assassins creed tattoo

A pandora hearts tattoo

A homestuck tattoo (Some people will probably cringe at that but I give 0 fucks)

A vine tattoo

Soon I will have in addition to those, a memorial tattoo for my dog, and I reaaaaaally want to get the sleeve Seth Gecko has in From Dusk Till Dawn, which is actually not the first place I saw it: the main character of Countdown Vampires also has it which is an obvious reference, and even though it wasn't a greaaaat game I still played it for thousands of hours in my childhood and is stuck in my mind as a nostalgia thing, and the sleeve is just outright super rad so.

I might also get a shovel tattoo in homage to Kurumi from Gakkou Gurashi.

This is one of the main reasons I'll probably never post pics with anything I do; if ever they will be cropped to the gills. I'm easily recognizable by anyone who knows me at all, at like a GLANCE

3 hours ago, KozmoFox said:

I have several! I love video games and anime and they have become massive parts of my life due to the people I've met through them, and my overactive imagination making me feel close to them, so they are essentially all centered around that except for like, two.

I have:

A dark souls tattoo

Two bioshock tattoos

An assassins creed tattoo

A pandora hearts tattoo

A homestuck tattoo (Some people will probably cringe at that but I give 0 fucks)

A vine tattoo

Soon I will have in addition to those, a memorial tattoo for my dog, and I reaaaaaally want to get the sleeve Seth Gecko has in From Dusk Till Dawn, which is actually not the first place I saw it: the main character of Countdown Vampires also has it which is an obvious reference, and even though it wasn't a greaaaat game I still played it for thousands of hours in my childhood and is stuck in my mind as a nostalgia thing, and the sleeve is just outright super rad so.

I might also get a shovel tattoo in homage to Kurumi from Gakkou Gurashi.

This is one of the main reasons I'll probably never post pics with anything I do; if ever they will be cropped to the gills. I'm easily recognizable by anyone who knows me at all, at like a GLANCE

Well good news for you is idk what homestuck is or 99% of the ones you said you have since im guessing its anime or something so no judgement here!

(ik im real stupid) 

Id love to post mine except ik ive posted my tattoo elsewhere on social media, so i dont want people to know its me

4 hours ago, Plug Cryostat said:

I've often considered getting a tattoo. Although i'm not sure there's anything i'd like to have on my body for the rest of my life.

I said the same thing my whole life, the only thing i regret is where i got it, since its on my side and the side of your torso is one of the top sensitive places, it is worth it though, i like wearing a bathing suit in summer and showing off how nice it is since its always hidden by a t shirt

I have one Tattoo on my thigh. Some calligraphy I designed a few years ago.

I got it just before I left home, to piss off my parents. It expresses my utter disdain for their religious belief system. But unlike other people who got tattoos for this specific purpose, I don't regret it at all.

Because it was done by a skilled artist, I still like the motive, and I'm over 30 now... and still want to piss off my parents.

The wife tends to lose rings, and I never wear any, so we are getting our weddings bands tattooed. Already have an artist picked out for that, an old friend of hers.

There are no more plans for any ink beyond that.

And may I just say: I'm heavily into women who are all tatted up. That shit is immensely attractive.

32 minutes ago, Brittanybunny said:

That sounds cool! Ik im still terrified to get my colored because i got mine in a sensitive area, but i hope to one day get it finished

The outline is always the most painful part because it has to go in deeper, the colouring/shading feels more like a tickle in comparison, unless it’s black tribal and then it is painful. 

If you managed the outline, there’s nothing to worry about ?

1 hour ago, Steff said:

The outline is always the most painful part because it has to go in deeper, the colouring/shading feels more like a tickle in comparison, unless it’s black tribal and then it is painful. 

If you managed the outline, there’s nothing to worry about ?

I barely managed, the guy had to go over a few lines because i was shaking so much, it still looks nice though, but ik the colors will make it beautiful

I really like them and want some, but I have no idea what I would get. I like the idea of sleeves because I can hide them easily for work but I also really want something on my hands... Maybe someday!

• 2 weeks later...

+1 for ring tattoos. I’m not one for jewelry and work in construction where something like that could easily become a hazard. Otherwise have almost full sleeves. The advice I’d give to anyone considering ink would be don’t overthink it. Avoid anything that covered up for an interview or funeral and just get something fun. If your worried that one day you’ll be old and look back on it and regret, consider yourself lucky that that’s your biggest problem

On 8/2/2018 at 4:56 AM, wd70 said:

+1 for ring tattoos. I’m not one for jewelry and work in construction where something like that could easily become a hazard.

Anecdote: I used to work in a machine shop (I know, I know, probably the most stereotypical job for a butch woman ever) and heard all the usual horror stories of fingers getting taken off by rotating machinery. Never saw any of that. What I did see, however, was a 7' 300 lbs mountain of a man (looked like a pro wrestler, really), reduced to tears, because his wedding band got too friendly with the chuck of his lathe. Gold is soft. Tool steel isn't. Had to drive him home, then explain to his wife what happened, because he was still crying like a five-year-old and couldn't string together a complete sentence.

I'm 100 % in favor of ring tattoos. Double for getting your wedding bands tattooed. And I'm completely aware that tattoos are for life, while relationships very often are not. Maybe the prospect of someone taking a FREAKING LASER to the sensitive flesh of your finger will encourage you to put a little more effort into your marriage. ?

• 3 weeks later...

I have two! 

I have "LUMOS" tattooed on the inside of my right wrist (in the Lumos font, of course), with the three-star design from the corner of each page above it (Harry Potter, for those that don't know).  I got it done in Seattle, my favorite city, on my thirtieth birthday.  

I have "Light up, light up, as if you have a choice" tattooed on my right foot (lyrics from Snow Patrol's Run).  There is a story the singer of the band tells about how he was frustrated that they weren't getting more popular and one drunken night he fell down some stairs and injured himself quite badly.  He wrote "Run" not too long after that and it was a big success.  It's about coming up from hard times and letting the words "light up, light up" serve as a beacon for me, as they did for him.  

Sense a theme here? ? 

I have more planned.  A puzzle piece, not only because I am autistic but because jigsaw puzzles are a special interest of mine.  And my dog's pawprint.  I took a print of it right before she passed so I could have it done sometime.  We had a really special bond.

I actually have four! I have a bee on my wrist, a Panic! at the Disco tattoo on my sternum (think the LA Devotee symbol), the words "You are what you love, not who loves you," on my thigh (a Fall Out Boy lyric), and Bigfoot right above the crook of my elbow.

I have a lot of plans for tattoos, specifically sleeves. I want my left arm to be nature themed and my right arm to be space themed. On my upper right arm, I'm going to give Bigfoot an environment as a half-sleeve, though I'm not sure what I want for the bottom half of my arm.

I also think it's worth noting that I want a little portrait of my cat on my thigh, though, getting that is a little ways off.

I absolutely love tattoo talk, I think they're so interesting!

Once i get my current one colored, im thinking of getting one of a lays potato chip bag with a golf hat on top, a golf club leaning against it and a pair of glasses, and underneath it will be the words “i am fighting, i am not giving up, i love you” in polish for my grandpa who died a few days after valentines day because last time i ever got to talk to him when he was sick, he told me he wasnt gonna stop fighting against his illness

• 2 weeks later...