Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Do Diapers at night lead to bed wetting?

Guest Baby Boy Blue

Short answer, no. You may even find that wearing a diaper to bed will not help you sleep until your accustomed to the feeling. There are ways of training yourself to become incontinent but there no easy pill that lasts a night I am afraid.

I know when my sister was young, she wet the bed every night when she had on a diaper. One night my mom forgot to put her in a diaper and when she woke up and checked my sister she was dry. The next night, she put my sister in a diaper and my sister woke up soaked. A few months later and a one night my mom forgot the diaper, my sister woke up dry. Next night, no diaper, no wetting. My sister never wet the bed again, and also never wore diapers again. So maybe not at our age, but as a young kid for some people there might be a connection. 

The reason I ask is; I have never been a bed wetter. I have never even wet the bed until recently. 

After a night out drinking I came home decided to put on a diaper and eventually went to bed. The next morning I woke up and the diaper as well as my sheets were wet. I was shocked as I have never wet the bed before this. I racked my brain and could kinda remember waking up at some point in the night needing to pee wetting and then going back to sleep.

I thought okay, that was it than not really a bed wetting just wetting. No big deal I have a washer and mattress protector.

A couple weeks latter pretty much the exact same situation, woke up wet diaper wet sheets, only this time I don't remember waking up and wetting. I think I actually wet in my sleep. 

It has happened two more times since then (luckily without leaking so it saved me doing laundry). Here is the thing though. It only happens when I wear a diaper and have been wearing and using before bed. Never even a leak when not wearing one. Even if I have been drinking way more than when it happens. Furthermore it doesn't happen every time I wear a diaper to bed.

Every time it has happened it has been in a period when I am wearing and using diapers more often. The only thing I can think of is that my subconscious knows I am wearing and have been already using them so it is just okay to go. 

Any thoughts?

I think you are on to something with the subconscious thing. One of the things my wife and I will do sometimes (after drinking or sober) is go to sleep kinda needing to pee expecting to wake up and choose to wet the bed ( or on each other )at some point early in the night.  A few times now I have woken up in a wet bed having never woken up to pee or initiate any sex ( which is kinda the point). I think that subconsciously I know that it’s ok, or that i was planning on it even and my brain just lets it happen. 

Full disclosure, I have wet the bed as a teen / adult maybe 5 - 10 times by complete accident.  Always after a bit too much to drink, and this started before ever wetting the bed on purpose.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I am going to post the full account at some point but I thought it was pertinent to post here as well. Since I posted this about a year ago I have wet the bed while diapered after drinking multiple times. 

Not thinking I may have done it, but actually remembered going to bed dry and waking up wet. It hasn't bothered me. I figure its just my subconscious knowing I am protected, paired with the fact that I have been wearing and wetting all night. 

Well last weekend it finally happened, I wet the bed......Not wearing a diaper. I think all the bed wetting while protected has finally caused me to wet while not. 

On 6/18/2019 at 1:19 PM, WBxx said:

Do Diapers at night lead to bed wetting?
If that’s your goal diapers can certainly help you achieve it.  (At least they did for me.)

fury85 – was wetting the bed without diapers for the first time a “high” for you?

It is not my goal to need diapers, I just like to wear them at my own behest. As far as a "high" it was more a shock, I have never wet the bed before and do not want it to become a regular occurrence. Since the incident I have decided to not wear diapers or wet myself for an undetermined amount of time. I figure taking a break for awhile isn't a bad idea.