Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Reversed holding contest

Whenever I've seen people do holding contests, I've always seen them even out at the start: they try to start at the same time and in the same state (usually with an empty bladder and without having drunken much for a while). Today, I thought about turning this around and I came up with the following game:

Hold betting:

- first of all, decide on what counts as losing. E.g  is a small leak allowed? Set additional rules regarding drinking, clothing, torturing eachother's bladder etc. if you like to.

- Then, the betting starts. Everyone takes turns betting on how long they claim they can hold it until no one wants to higher their bet anymore.

- Next, decide on a goal time. This is the latest possible time the game will end and it should be at least the highest bet time into the future.

- The actual holding starts the highest bet time before the goal time. The person who made that bet should try peeing as close to that time as he can, as he won't be allowed to pee anymore after that time. Any additional rules set also apply to that person from that time onwards.

- Other competitors start their own holds the same way at the time of their own respective last bets before the goal time.

- Anyone who gives up or loses control more than was agreeded on to be allowed, before the goal time, loses, with the last place being for the person losing control first etc. Warning, this means a higher bet makes it more difficult to avoid losing.

- At the goal time, anyone still holding on is allowed to go pee. The person making it to this time with the highest bet, so after the longest hold, wins. 2nd place is for the person making it to the goal time with the 2nd highest bet etc. Warning, this means a lower bet makes you less likely to win.

As you can see, this way of aiming to end a holding contest at the same time as opposed to starting it at the same time, adds a dimension to the game of each player having to decide how much his bladder can take beforehand, while overestimating his capabilities will make him lose and underestimating them won't make them win either. This game is about knowing how much you can take as much as about how much you can actually take.

In case you play this game with people at the same place IRL, you might want to ensure the number of players is (much) higher than the number of toilets available. That way, if multiple people make it to the goal time, they will still have to wait their turns for relieve even after the game has already ended.

I really like this little concept I came up with, some I'm eager to read how you all think about this and if anyone might actually want to give it a go.