Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Panties or knickers, what do you call them?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's disgusting!

Because they're calling mens underwear panties?

Lol it's just some toxic masculinity, ignore it.

Posted Images

Panties.

I have a story. I had moved into my Grandma's house, because I needed a place to stay while I was looking for an apartment. On the first night, I couldn't sleep and felt ill. I was on my way to the bathroom, when I ran into my Grandma. She was wearing her underwear on her head, over her hair. 

"Why are you wearing your panties on your head?" I asked, shocked.

In her Southern dialect, she replied, "It keeps my hair poofy."

So, apparently, panties are underwear and for the head.

I opened the very same topic a few years ago on this site as I was writing an omorashi novel and wanted to use terms that appealed to the widest audience.

Even though I much prefer the word 'knickers' as I'm British and this is the term that I grew up with I had to go with using 'panties' almost entirely throughout the novel as this seemed overwhelmingly the popular choice. 

5 hours ago, facade said:

Underwear, as it's the most neutral and global version or the word, and I don't really like the sound of panties much less knickers which sounds more like a sports team. 

I can't agree more with this statement, although I have to say, as an individual with almost no interest in sports, if a sports team decided to call itself "the knickers" I'd pay to watch them play, regardless of what the sport is, just for the lulz. 

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

I can't agree more with this statement, although I have to say, as an individual with almost no interest in sports, if a sports team decided to call itself "the knickers" I'd pay to watch them play, regardless of what the sport is, just for the lulz. 

There is the New York Knicks which is where I'm obviously getting that from. But it's still god awful.

1 hour ago, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

Since I didn't notice the brief discussion of non-English terms previously, I'd like to mention that I quite like the term pantsu. Its one of those words the Japanese obviously imported from English and which got butchered in the attempt to fit there language's more limited phonetic gamut, but it just sounds so darn cute.

It's mostly just pronounced "pants", though. Most dialects don't really say the "u".

I've noticed a lot of non-native Japanese speakers don't realise the "u" at the end of "desu" is mostly silent as well.

Edited by Male (see edit history)