Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Childhood reading

7 minutes ago, nonny said:

Did anyone else like to secretly read the toilet training chapter of your parents’ baby care book as a kid? And/or the parts about accidents, and bedwetting, and diapers....?

Well, it wasn't a baby care book, but I did focus on the articles on it in the Parenting Magazines. My mom would actually have me sneak a magazine or home by hiding it in the back of my diaper or shirt, from the local pediatrician, every visit or so

Edited by diokno44x (see edit history)

Since this is the “Wetting Experiences” section, I should add how closely related this is to my first wetting desires and play.

About 5 seconds after puberty I accidentally gave myself some very good feelings wiggling around trying to hold it in when I was desperate to pee. I didn’t have an accident or anything, but suddenly I was really aroused by imagining having one. Holding until I couldn’t, and helplessly wetting my pants or bed like I often had as a younger kid. Memories came ‘flooding back,’ and with them a sudden bunch of questions I’d never thought about before.

How old was I when I was potty trained? What was it like for my parents when I was not-quite-potty-trained?  Did I really just have accidents everywhere for a while? What must it feel like to be in diapers?

Being a bit nerdy and bookish, and genuinely curious, I found my parents’ copy of Dr. Spock. I quickly discovered reading about all this was mixed up with lots of tingly feelings and urges about doing it. Some of my early omo play consisted of making myself desperate and literally wetting myself to words and sentences in that book that made me feel that way. 

Not long afterwards, I was doing the same to Pampers ads in my parents’ magazines. I kind of discovered ageplay this way, imagining being the babies in the ads as I really did what babies do in their diapers. Or I’d be a slightly older kid in the potty training chapter, forgetting to go and doing it where I sat, or letting go all down my legs on the way to the bathroom. Which all felt so good I would want to do it again and again.

Edited by nonny (see edit history)
6 hours ago, nonny said:

Did anyone else like to secretly read the toilet training chapter of your parents’ baby care book as a kid? And/or the parts about accidents, and bedwetting, and diapers....?

Look up words related to wetting and diapers in the dictionary, and the library catalogue? 

Find all the diaper ads in catalogues, grocery store flyers and your parents’ magazines? Walk down the diaper aisle at the store at every opportunity? Remember every single mention of someone being desperate or ‘having an accident’ in every story you ever read?

What else did you do like this?

Wow! All boxes ticked and I haven't even written my book yet. This is like reading the script of my early interest in omo. I couldn't get enough information and scrounged for anything I could find. Additional is having 5 younger siblings and eidetic visual memory, so I have a life-time's worth of images of people grabbing themselves front and back, and showing desperation signs. It was a single image of a female pop-star with a wet patch which led me to look up the internet and discover this exposion of enthusisam for omo,  when I thought I must have been an insanely perverted creep (I don't think so any more). Thanks for your candid description.

4 hours ago, i like wet bikinis said:

Did you also flick through holiday brochures to see if any of the beach photos showed a girl squatting to wee in the sea?

Ha, no, but that sure belongs on the list.

I could never get over the fact that friends and cousins who would have hidden in shame for months if they peed their pants in front of everyone were perfectly happy to do it through their bathing suits by a backyard pool or in the water at the beach... sometimes with their parents flat-out telling them to and nodding in approval.

My grandma had (probably still does have somewhere) an old book on anatomy.  Probably 1930s ish.  When I was a kid, it used to be on a bookshelf in the room I always slept in when we stayed there.  Of course, it didn't take me long to find the section about the bladder and to my delight and (ahem) excitement, it contained a wonderfully detailed, scientifically worded description of the desperation and wetting process, which ended with something like this:

As the bladder fills past the point at which voiding would be strongly advised, a sequence of sharp spasms attempt to cause the bladder to empty.  Each group of spasms is followed by a relaxation of the bladder wall muscles, lasting several minutes.  This sequence can be repeated several times before reflex emptying supersedes voluntary control.

That's almost word for word, I'm sure.  The last sentence is definitely word for word from the book because it's seared into my mind.  I went over that section many, many times whenever we were there ?

It certainly reads like this description was written from some...  research experiences, doesn't it?!

Why would anyone downvote my original post? First downvote in my 4 years here... I’m describing personal, formative omo experiences, that took years to make sense of and more years to share with anyone.

I posted this partly because I thought for a long time that I was the only one to ever do any of these things. Once I started having conversations in places like this (which isn’t so long ago) I gradually discovered that every single one of them was widely shared.

Thanks to everyone who added to the list in their replies.

There was a small picture in the family dictionary which I came across at a very tender age. It showed a male bottom, and the caption read "Anus. The dilated anus of an habitual sodomist." I found it fascinating. I had no idea about the things that are discussed here, (for instance), or what sodomy was. Was my latent poop fetish stirring, or should I have been a full-on homosexual instead of bi?

Then there are the Old Testament references- Kings and Isaiah.  They relate to long-term sieges, but that concept was alien to us as children. The scatology wasn't, though.

Edited by Dunney
To improve wording. (see edit history)

I remember in my really early childhood when my cousins and I used to go to a lot of bookstores, and while they'd go and look for their own  interests I'd sneak off to the children's section and find the books about potty training and especially having accidents. There was this one called Time To Pee and another with a young bear that makes it to the potty just in time.

On 7/5/2018 at 1:53 PM, adriangache said:

I’d sneak off to the children's section and find the books about potty training and especially having accidents. There was this one called Time To Pee and another with a young bear that makes it to the potty just in time.

This too, yes. I remember visiting my grandparents’ house when my second-ever baby cousin was in the early stage of getting toilet trained.

There were potties in three different rooms and a copy of “Once Upon a Potty” in the bathroom. I would read it every time I was in there. It kind of blew my young mind that anyone would write a book about something as unmentionable as what babies did in their diapers (which the book called “making wee-wee and poo-poo”) — let alone with cute picture-book style illustrations of them having done it at different ages and needing to be changed.

And then a slightly older version of the lead character kid not making it to her potty in time, with the inevitable consequences on the floor or in her pants.

Combined with the not-always-empty potties in the middle of other rooms, and the wet outfits that were in the same bathroom a couple of times, it all seemed a mix of pretty gross, terribly embarrassing and totally fascinating.

It made me think a lot about being that age and … not making it. I looked for potty training books a lot after that, and, truth be told, still pick them up when I see them.

On 7/5/2018 at 1:53 PM, adriangache said:

books about potty training and especially having accidents.

Oh, that sparked a memory, "I Want My Potty!" by Tony Ross

https://www.amazon.com/Want-My-Potty-Tony-Ross/dp/086264965X

I assume we had this when my younger sibling was potty training.  I remember it vividly though, even though I'd only have been maybe 4 or 5 at the time...

"The potty is the place!", said the Queen! 

It has an animated version too:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i9ee1o5UZg&t=27

I can only imagine that the reason I still remember this so vividly is because certain seeds were already well implanted in my brain way back then...

Edited by xxxxx (see edit history)
5 minutes ago, xxxxx said:

I assume we had this when my younger sibling was potty training.  I remember it vividly though, even though I'd only have been maybe 4 or 5 at the time...

It has an animated version too:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8i9ee1o5UZg&t=27

I can only imagine that the reason I still remember this so vividly is because certain seeds were already well implanted in my brain way back then...

I remember my favorite Rugrats episode was Chuckie vs The Potty

I used to read my parent's Medical Encyclopedia. They kept it around (in the ages before the world wide web) for reference on childhood diseases. There was an in-depth chapter on bedwetting and accidents. I was fascinated by that chapter and read it often. 

My mom also had a subscription to Parents magazine. There was an article about a young bedwetter and how his mom dealt with it. I snuck that magazine into my room and read that one bit over and over. I wish my parents were as compassionate about my bedwetting as the mom was in that article.

I do actually recall doing this when I was maybe 11 or 12 and first beginning to really acknowledge my Omorashi interest as something distinct. There were a few healthcare for children books lying around and I recall finding references to daytime wetting issues in them and reading the explanations of what sort of behaviours are for young children to have. There wasn't anything really extensive but I guess my fascination at the time was enough that even small things like that were of interest!

Edited by Dune1001 (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, thinking back I'd say I flipped through my mom's Sears catalogs way more than any kid my age should have. My favorite section was the baby furniture section. I'd look at the diaper stackers hanging on the cribs or under the cribs just to look at the diapers. I would count how many there were and imagine how long it would take me to use all of them. And the big newspaper on Sundays that would have all the ads in them, I loved looking through those because of all the diaper ads. When I was little I had a baby brother so diapers were in constant supply for me but only at night when I was in my room, the catalogs and ads would get me through the day. Forgot all about that.

On 7/8/2018 at 4:46 AM, xxxxx said:

Oh my god! Now i remember! I used to watch this serison on minimax at my grandmom when i was around 5-6 years old.

And i can releate to one comment under the video. I think it's certain that had a role to develop my omorashi kink XD

I don't remember what the series was called, but I distinctly recall a series of children/preteen-targeted Norwegian books that I read as a kid. Each one had the same formula: some kids go with their parents on vacation to some exotic location, like Egypt, and have various adventures while there. And each one had at least one accident scene, often several. Like I seem to remember the one that took place in Egypt had the protagonist wet the bed, and then later get kidnapped by bandits and have a messy accident. In retrospect, I suspect the author of these books must have been one of us - why else include an accident scene in all of these books? They added nothing to the story, but I sure as hell took a strong, strange interest in those books because of it.

Edit: Apparently the series is called The Art Detectives by Bjørn Sortland. The series has like a dozen entries in Norwegian, and a couple of them have been translated into English, as well as German and even Turkish. Apparently the dude's an award-winning children's author.

Edited by satyr (see edit history)
21 hours ago, justsomedl said:

I'd say I flipped through my mom's Sears catalogs way more than any kid my age should have. My favorite section was the baby furniture section. I'd look at the diaper stackers hanging on the cribs or under the cribs just to look at the diapers. I would count how many there were and imagine how long it would take me to use all of them.

I would look at those baby pages more than almost any others too. So many of the items had to do in some way with needing and wearing diapers. It all felt vaguely thrilling and embarrassing, all these things that my parents had needed for me and my sisters. The pictures and product descriptions made it so real I could practically smell the nursery smell.

The waterproof mattress in the crib, ready for how I sometimes wet right through to my clothes at night and naptime. The changing table to lay me on when I woke up leaky like that. The diaper pail, filling up with my accidents: as a fairly recent bedwetter, I had a pretty accurate idea of what the babyish smell from it was like when the lid was taken off.

Plastic baby pants to keep my bed and clothes dry. Onesies and diaper shirts to hold the snug bulk of my diapers against me. Little overalls with room for a diaper bulge in the seat, and snaps at the crotch for changing me all day. Lap pads, literally for when I peed more than my diaper could handle on a visiting friend or relative’s lap.

And of course soft diapers themselves, stacked by the dozens (I was a cloth diaper baby), and pins. And potty chairs to not quite make it to, and thick cosy training pants, sold for their absorbency, to have a warm accident in on the way... 

I wasn’t nearly as aware of my AB curiosity and longings then as I am now. I would’ve thought it was ridiculous if anyone had told me I wanted to be a baby again, and listed all the reasons why not. But when catalogues came I sure spent a lot of time looking at those pages.

On 7/1/2018 at 7:01 AM, xxxxx said:

As the bladder fills past the point at which voiding would be strongly advised, a sequence of sharp spasms attempt to cause the bladder to empty.  Each group of spasms is followed by a relaxation of the bladder wall muscles, lasting several minutes.  This sequence can be repeated several times before reflex emptying supersedes voluntary control.

This kind of clinical description has always been the most exciting for me, and I don't know why.  Maybe it's the inevitability.

2 hours ago, Dynamic said:

Maybe it's the inevitability.

For me it's the matter of fact, no bullshit, scientific nature of the descripiton.  It's "If you wait too long, you're gonna piss your pants, dummy!" written in the most...  clinical way possible..  Like a stern scientist or nurse is telling you off for peeing yourself.

I loved it when it was put like that then and still do now!