Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Faust's Fantastic Foray into a Finite Fantasy

AuthorFaust: Short little welcome to Faust's latest interactive! Faust intends on this being a lovely little fantasy story with little trouble one way or the other. One can expect a bit more focus on desperation and lightly silly lewd fun, compared to some hot and heavy scenes, so Faust hopes you can enjoy it anyways.

====================================================================================================================================

In the land of Fantalsia, there were tales of a legendary figure, that united all of the great heroes and heroines of the world to bring about absolute peace between all of the nations......

However, this was but a tale from ages past...Handed down from generation to generation, to foster hope among the people. You knew better, in your current age.....

You were old enough to know of the dangers....Of the monsters that plagued the countryside. That there were dark forces afoot, aiming to send everything into disarray at any moment... Things the general populace could not handle....

But similarly, you knew of forces that could combat them.... People, who were blessed with a mysterious marking on their body... Those who had the potential... The potential, to be Heroes.

You found yourself pressing into your own town's tavern, where those empowered to fight tended to congregate. Where you could find people who you could rally to  your cause, and lead onwards, to victory!

At least, that's how you always wanted to picture it.  You yourself had no such blessing present on your body, and you weren't confident in your own abilities to battle.... But, you did have something that would no doubt make you invaluable.....

Since you were young, you were born with special eyes.... Eyes that could read a person with but a gaze. Looking over, you could always find people who had been Empowered,  a relative level of their power, their general class of skill, and occasionally a contextual answer to a given question you could have....

As far as you knew, there were no others who could gauge a person's abilities at a glance like you... And, you similarly had seen the differences in figures in much more than just physical appearances...

You could pick apart the differences in a group of nearly-identical soliders. Which ones trained their strength a little more... Which ones had sprained an ankle, or were just a bit dumber than the others, without having to ask a single question...

You could tell if a person was empowered to utilize magic, or if they were better with their hands than others.. You were the ultimate in scanning, and analyzing....

But, without anyone that trusted to your advice, and listened... You had felt you were but another villager to the higher levels of Heroes. You'd seen a few in levels reaching the Upper 20s pass you by without a second glance...And, the few that you saw in lower digits were either unaware of, or unwilling to utilize their powers, for fear of persecution, or simply lack of self-interest.

This all would change today, you had told yourself. You would recruit a group of Empowereds, and make your way across the world..... To go on an adventure!....

Well, that was the plan, but you didn't have an actual goal in mind yet. You merely wanted to leave the town, and explore a bit....Test the waters, before you went traveling on an epic journey...

You had your life savings in a bag at your side, along with a few supplies you had obtained. Some bedrolls, tents, and a few days of food and drink. You had a hundred gold pieces to your name, and were likely to have to utilize them in this Preliminary mission....

Recruiting your first Empowered.

"Let's...see who's in here.." you said to yourself, before finally pushing the door to the tavern open... And glanced inside.

Immediately, figures came into view, of different shapes, and sizes come into view. Words, numbers, and details start to flood your view, before you lightly close your mind to it....Focusing instead on the basic details first.....

A person's Level, Their Class, and...In this case, a possible, projected price they would charge you to investigate a nearby area. You could see a much more manageable set of numbers appear in  your field of view...As you scanned the tavern's patrons.

Sitting at a table with a flute of some kind, sits a male with forest green hair, and some muted brown clothes. Above him, is the word 'Bard' and 'Level: 2', with the price fluctuating.....

Ordering at the bar, is a slender girl, with lime green hair, and a pointed black hat. You can see the words 'Mage' and 'Level 2' above her head, a '30' above her head as you turn some more....

Apologizing to the owner about something, is a girl with white hair, and a light blue haori... A kimono, that seems to stop just beneath her waistline... You can see a sword at her hip, and a flush on her face as she stammers out... [Blade] and [Level 1] above her head.....A fluctuating price above her head as well...

Dealing cards among a group of unfamiliar figures is a woman with long, purple hair, and a generous physique. You can see a few of the others staring at her...sizable bust, but as you glance over, you see [Rogue] and [Level 5] above her head.....And a fluctuating price...but it stumbles above the triple digit mark........

"Hrm..."

You'll be able to discern things better when you get closer to one of them....

The question is, who do you approach first?

==================================================================================================================================

Choose wisely: Your First Empowered will be your most important.

[Who do you approach first?]

1. The Level 2, Dark Green haired Male Bard [Price Fluctuates between 30 to 50 Gold]

2. The Level 2 Lime Green haired Female Mage [Price Fluctuates between 40 and 60 Gold]

3. The Level 1 Silver haired Female Blade [Price Fluctuates between 20 and 40 gold]

4. The Level 5 Purple Haired Female Rogue [Price Fluctuates from 90 to 500 Gold]

5. Sit around, and wait. [More people may show up....Or one may approach you]

[Optional: Decide things about yourself]

Trait: Pick one of the following to have as a [Trait]. [Traits] are discovered by interacting with [Empowered], and may influence [Compatibility] with them. More Traits can be decided as your journey continues....

[Choose one from]

[Royal]: A Runaway from Regality, you have a majestic aura about you that compels others to react more strongly to you! For better, and for worse...
[Handy]: You're good with your hands, and as such, can maintain and utilize tools effectively for combat, and town-based activities.

[Lewd]: You have a naughty mind that resonates well with other lewd minded individuals....But, makes you less appealing to those without the trait.
[Gambler]: You love to gamble, and take risks. Higher amounts of payouts from bets, but also more likely to suffer more devastating losses.

[Cute]: Your impeccable cuteness melts even the coldest of hearts! [Figuratively]. May lead to potential kidnappings by overzealous admirers of cute.
[Outdoorsy]: You are good at doing things out in the open, such as starting campfires, or setting up tents. Are at a loss without materials, or in town areas.

Gold: 100 Gold

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AuthorFaust: Short little welcome to Faust's latest interactive! Faust intends on this being a lovely little fantasy story with little trouble one way or the other. One can expect a bit more focus on

Do we have to choose one of the prescribed choices or can we suggest one of our own? If so, then 4. Slightly stern, but not very. Just enough for him to get the fact that we're being serious but

You lightly puff yourself up, and slap your cheeks to motivate yourself. You're a cute girl, looking to acquire someone to fight monsters for you sake, in exchange for compensation. You're certain you

3 hours ago, Faust said:

The Level 1 Silver haired Female Blade [Price Fluctuates between 20 and 40 gold]

I say we approach this one first.

For our character, I vote for female and for the trait, I will go with cute.

I just hope that having a companion with a blade will protect us from those... overzealous admirers of cuteness who might come along.

You lightly puff yourself up, and slap your cheeks to motivate yourself. You're a cute girl, looking to acquire someone to fight monsters for you sake, in exchange for compensation. You're certain you can do this! You know you can...!

So, you make your way across the Tavern, where the Blade girl is apologizing....And you catch the tail-end of the conversation.

"I swear swear swear that never happens! I'll pay for it, I swear..." the Blade calls, reaching for her Kimono...As her face pales. "I...I'll...Oh no..."

"Let me guess...You don't have any money?" the Tavern owner calls, looking to be an older, middle-aged man with a scowl. "Typical Empowered, just trying to get off scot free from their crimes..."

"Ahh..! Nonono, I just..I..I.."

You take it this is a good time to intervene, as you move forward, looking up at the two.

"Excuse me....I was looking to hire someone.." you lightly pipe up, the silver haired girl with a teal haori turning quickly, and taking your hands.

"Ah..Ah Yes, please! I'd be more than happy to help you!" she sqeuaks out, quickly. "I..just need enough to....um..pay for....my...lodging here...."

"Ya'mean for the sheets you ruined, pissin' the bed?" the tavern-owner none-too-quietly calls, The girl's face reddens a bright pink, as she tries to cover the man's mouth.

"Awahhhh! Don't say that so loud!"  she stammers, as the owner frowns, and glances down at you.

"You could do better than her, I bet." he mentions, pushing the girl away. "She can't even keep a bed dry, I doubt she's got any skill with a blade at all."

"Nono! I'm super good with a sword!" she protests, quickly. "I'll protect you with my life if necessary!"

"Hush.." he states to the white haired girl, before turning to you. "She owes me 50 gold for that bed she ruined. If you want to pay for her, by all means..."

The girl looks very pleading....And, you get a better look at some of her stats...pondering if you should go for it..

===================================================================================================================

1. Agree to pay, and Recruit the Blade.

2. Ask if there's a favor you could do to make up for the bed.

3. Refuse, and look for someone else to recruit.

4. [Cute] Beg the man to give you a discount. [62% chance of Success]

[More Details about yourself]

1.[Bladder Size]
Your bladder is...

Tiny: You have trouble holding down a tall drink without squirming
Average: You handle drinks normally, and process them accordingly
Large: You can hold on for a while, and have the confidence to wait for prime conditions
Titanic:
You can drink a LOT, but there's no hiding the volume when you pop.

2.[Piddle Habits]
When it comes to piddle urges, you are....
Shy: You have trouble peeing, outside of a proper toilet, unless it's a DEVASTATING emergency
Modest: You don't care for peeing outside of a toilet, but could do so in an emergency.
Open: You're okay with peeing whenever, just about wherever....If the urge is bothersome enough.
Brazen: You're very open with your needs, willing to pee, regardless of location, or audience
Naughty:
You prefer to pee in places you shouldn't. [This includes your garments]

Character Status:

Gold: 100G
Trait: Cute

[Blade Girl]

Prime Stat: Agility
Lowest Stat: Constitution

4. Beg the man to give us a discount, but make it clear we're not trying to be stingy.

-> If he does give us a discount, accept it quietly and graciously and don't beg for more.

-> If he doesn't give us a discount, accept his decision and pay the full amount.

-> If he responds extraordinarily rudely, then patiently explain that it was just a question and pay him the full amount. Cuteness will help us here as it might make him more likely to calm down and think rationally.

For bladder habits: Average, Modest

My thoughts in character:

Paying for the girl might make us look better in the eyes of potential hires since it demonstrates that we are willing to give anyone a fair shot.

Paying for the girl might make us look like fools who can easily be persuaded to part with money.

After the blade, I would be looking to bargain with the mage and see if we can pay some up front and some in spoils explaining that we're trying to fit in a 4th party member.

You lightly adjust your posture, and fold your arms behind your back...Looking up with big, doe eyes.

"Couldn't you give us just a teeeeeny discount?" you pout up to him, putting on your cutest face. He visibly pauses...before shaking his head.

"Alright...I'll do thirty." he compromises, as you pull out some gold, and hold it up to him. The man takes the gold, and starts behind the counter...As the girl bows before you.

"Thank you..! Thank you SO...SO very much!" she repeats, kneeling down before you. "Allow me to accompany you to make up for this....em..barassing faux-pas I've managed to get myself into. You have the Loyalty of the Blade, Okita Souji!"

You've successfully recruited your first Empowered! And...Glancing at her stats, you can see what she's like. She's swift, and fairly skilled.... But, she's very frail, and it seems her bladder is...

...Troubled, to say the least. You give her a polite smile, and hold out a hand, looking down at her.

"The pleasure's all mine." you call lightly, as the girl looks back up to you...Light blueish green eyes looking back.

"Well..Let me help you at least!" she calls, confidently. "I'll pay you back for helping! On the battlefield, and even in here! Um..if you want my help."

You glance around the Tavern at this, seeing the purple haired woman having moved on...As you glance over who's left.

"The girl at the bar's a black mage. They know offensive magic, but can be a bit reliant on it..." Okita calls to you gingerly, gesturing. "The boy over there's a bard. They tend to use their music to....Trouble Enemies, and bolster allies alike. And....Ah..Well, that Rogue was around, but..."

You glance over the bard and the mage at this, the prices above their heads shifting and changing.... As you ponder....

Do you want to try to recruit them.... Or, do you want to head out with Just Okita?

=========================================================================================================================

1. Attempt to Recruit the Mage [Lime Green haired girl] [Black Mages Specialize in Offensive Magic.] [Price Fluctuates between 30 and 50 Gold]

2. Attempt to Recruit the Bard [Forest green haired boy] [Bards Specialize in Magic that affects status conditions with their music, such as certain vulgar magic] [Price Fluctuates from 30-50 Gold]

3. Leave without Recruiting any further enemies.

[Character Data]

Traits: Cute
Bladder: Average
Piddle Habits: Shy

Gold: 70 Gold

Empowered Allies:

Okita Souji: [Blade] (An individual skilled with a sword, and melee combat.)
Traits Uncovered: Bedwetter.
Strongest Stat: Agility [Moves Incredibly Fast]
Weakest Stat:
Constitution. [Does not have a lot of Health. May be more susceptible to certain Types of spells.]
Bond: 1/10 (This Stat determines how close you are with an Empowered. Higher Ranks mean Special rewards)

I also think we should try recruiting the mage. It just seems like a better grouping. - Fighting wise, and also socially. We're also going to be peeing somewhat often and are shy, so having it be just girls...might ironically be a better option than two girls and a guy. Or maybe not...I suppose it might depend on whether or not you're trying to push the limits of "hot and heavy" that AuthorFaust mentioned....

Sidenote: Wouldn't constitution and being frail mean not having a lot of health (not damage)?

You decide to stride on over to the bar counter to look over the mage, seeing her downing a tall glass of some beverage.

"Hey there. I'd like to hire you for a job." you ask directly, the lime green haired girl turning to you, with a smile.

"Oh really? Well, I suppose I could use some extra money.." the girl calls, taking another swig of her drink. "Mmmmahhh...That hit the spot. I'm thinking...45 Gold, or so."

You lightly tally your gold in your head at this, pondering if you can properly afford it. as Okita starts to wriggle a bit behind you, looking suddenly tensed up.

"Hm...Well, I am kind of running a bit low on money..." you idly mention, as the mage sets her drink down.....And gives you a dubious look.

"Well, I could settle for some alternate forms of payment..." she adds, as you see a bit of a worrying trait above her head. "If you'd prefer something different, of course."

You can feel a bit of pink forming on your cheeks as you see her traits appear a bit...As the bard merrily plays his flute in the corner.....A strange tune, that seems to carry a prominent....Steady beat.......

Something about the tune feels like it resonates with you, as your posture suddenly grows a bit more rigid, a firm panging forming in your lower belly....

'Ah..That's right....I was so hyped up to come here, I forgot to use the bathroom before I left..!'

No problem....You'd just have to go before you left the bar, is all. You felt yourself tensing up your thighs as you seemed to internally debate, the tune playing feeling like it was going straight through you......

A light panging starting to feel like a prominent pounding.... Your legs inadvertently squeezing themselves together tightly.....

"Hmmmm? Everything okay?" the lime green haired girl muses, giving you a coy smile. "No need to be so nervous... I swear, I'm harmless unless I wanna be."

You hesitate upon hearing the girl's protest, but are quickly interrupted by Okita behind you dashing away in the tavern, a door shutting behind her as you gather that she's taken the only bathroom in the Tavern......

That's.....Troublesome....

"You know, I coullllllld be convinced to join if you did something naughty for me.." the girl muses, tapping her glass with a hand. "It's always been a fantasy of mine to fill one of these glasses with piddle.... Or watch someone else do it."

Your eyes widen at this, as the girl lightly lifts the glass, as if moving to hold it out to you.

"So, you could put on a little show for me..." she muses, in a low tone. "Or, you could distract the others in the bar so I can do it. Or, you could just pay me the gold."

There's NO way you could possibly do it yourself. Not even in the most dire of emergencies..... And, you're not entirely sure having her do it wouldn't lead to you getting barred from the bar if you were found helping her get away with it...

But you do need some help...... ....

But you technically have the gold....

=======================================================================================================================

1. Agree to pay her 45 Gold.

2. Agree to help her fulfill her fantasy. [Distracting others] [Having a shy bladder LOCKS the alternate]

3. Wait for Okita before deciding. [And Summarily, use the toilet first]

4. Talk to the Bard. [Price Ranges from 20-35 Gold] <May take a kind tone, a Pleading tone, A cutesy tone, or a stern tone>

5. Leave without doing further business. [Save for your urges]

[Character Data]

Traits: Cute
Bladder: Average
Piddle Habits: Shy

Gold: 70 Gold
Bladder Status: Moderate->Bad. <Discomfort Song>

Black Mage Traits: Lewd, Mind In-Spite-of-Matter. (Further investigation to determine effects)
Piddle Habits: Brazen.

Empowered Allies:

Okita Souji: [Blade] (An individual skilled with a sword, and melee combat.)
Traits Uncovered: Bedwetter.
Bladder: Tiny
Strongest Stat: Agility [Moves Incredibly Fast]
Weakest Stat:
Constitution. [Does not have a lot of Health. May be more susceptible to certain Types of spells.]
Bond: 1/10 (This Stat determines how close you are with an Empowered. Higher Ranks mean Special rewards)

Do we have to choose one of the prescribed choices or can we suggest one of our own?

If so, then 4. Slightly stern, but not very. Just enough for him to get the fact that we're being serious but we don't want to start any sort of confrontation.

Reasoning:

The bard appears to be in our price range, pretty adept at his magic, and, well, I like bards. I play a bard in FFXIV and have done so many times in DnD and Pathfinder.

If we can suggest an option then I think that we should do the following:

Agree to option 2 then go do option 4 and speak to the bard conspiratorially. Even if we can't nab him as an ally, maybe we can convince him to stop playing the darn song long enough for us to distract everyone unimpeded. Ideally we DO nab the bard as an ally and collaborate to distract everyone. If all goes decently we can get the blade, the bard, and the mage and still have some money left over.

Speaking of which, are there other places in town besides the inn? Maybe there are adventurers hanging around the armor, weapons, apothecary, or general goods store that we could potentially hire.

We really do need a healer of some sort. Personally I would choose a Red Mage or White Mage type adventurer if we could wrangle it. The point being that we REALLY need some sort of sustain or we're going to get absolutely destroyed in long fights. I honestly don't trust that the blade will be able to dodge everything forever and we need contingencies.

To that end, I would safest if we managed to obtain a 2nd tank and a healer, but getting just the healer is passable.