Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

".....Systems failing, please report to the bridge."
"All systems failing, please report to the bridge."
"All syste-KZZTZZZ"

Deepspace1.thumb.png.3c131bf3950da792adf29cf551113bcc.png

A loud hiss sounds as the stasis chamber De-pressurises and air rushes in. The chamber door slowly opens with a groan as the mechanism struggles to force itself into action.
Alex has a similar problem as she's forced awake, doing her best not to fall on her face.

Alex opens her eyes hesitantly, adjusting them to the light as she does. She forces herself out the chamber, cringing at the cold touch of the metal floor against her bare feet. She presses the door forward with one hand, cringing again as the sound of alarms and sirens tear through the now open door.

Alex takes in a deep breath and readies herself to step further out the chamber. Her other foot hits the cold ground with a soft slap, and she winces again at the sudden cold. She stumbles forward toward the control panel on the wall nearest to the door.

*Click*
"Computer....yawn...W-what's going on?"
"kzzzzz...."
"Computer?"
"What?"
"What's going - Can you shut these alarms up? I've just woke up..."
The alarms go silent.
"What did you want?" The speakers ask.
"What's going on?" Alex asks, yawning again.

Deepspace2.thumb.png.9d8110294d977b87569458bae6dfe553.png

"Major system failure." states the computer. "Severe damage detected. Recommend immediate evacuation."
"Evacuation?"
"Evac - Oh hold on."
"What do you mean hold on?" Alex yawns. The computer doesn't reply for a moment. "Computer?"
"Multiple issues detected. Evacuation no longer possible."
"Why not?"
"No escape pods."
"Computer?"
"What?"
"You're acting strange. Did someone plug in some new personality program?"
"Significant damage detected to computer mainframe. And it really bloody hurts."
"Oookay..." Alex says, walking into the middle of the room. She stretches and yawns again. "Can you give me a damage report?"
"Major damage is detected."
"Yes, but where."
"I...don't know."
"What do you mean, you 'don't know'?"
"I can't get a response from the damage report machine. It would appear to be damaged."
Alex sighs and drops her arms to her side. She presses herself up on her tiptoes a couple times, before walking over to the screen again.
"How are your CCTV systems? Can you follow me?" She asks. A camera descends from the ceiling at the corner of the room.
"It would appear that the CCTV systems are faulty. I can't get a visual." Alex sighs again.
"Try turning around." she says. The camera swivels. It looks about and then focuses on Alex.
"Update. CCTV systems have been repaired."

Deepspace3.thumb.png.622962252018f02bea834a807bae7ace.png

"Now what?" Alex asks, walking about the room. "The ships in bad shape, what can I do?"
"Recommend you attempt to repair critical systems." The computer responds, it's eye fixed on Alex as she paces.
"Shouldn't I leave that to the repair crews?"
"What repair crews?"
"What?" Alex asks. "What do you mean, 'what repair crews'? Aren't they on board?"
"Negative."
"Have you done a life sign scan?"
"Hold on. I'll do it now." The computer says. The camera freezes in place, no longer following Alex. After a few seconds it flicks back into life and refocuses on Alex. "Scan complete."
"What are the results?"
"One."
"One." Alex repeats. "What do you mean one?"
"One life form on board."
"What is it?" Alex asks. "You don't mean-"
"You."

Alex takes a moment to let that sink in. She's the only life form detected on board.
"And you're absolutely sure?" Alex asks again. "You've scanned the entire ship?"
"Yes. Well, no. Significant damage across the ship could result in faulty reporting." The computer responds.
"So there could be more life on board?"
"Possibly."
"You're a big help."
"No need for sarcasm"

"So now what?" Alex asks. She sits on the floor, leaning against the wall below the computer panel. "What should I do?"
"Recommend basic post-stasis excersizes - You should stretch, eat, use the bathroom, get into a uniform, and perform emergency routines."
"What emergency routines?"
"Visit the armoury. Try not to get killed by anything. Also, see if you can't reach the local command room - perhaps you could fix a local damage scanner."
"Right...I'll get to that..."
"You've just got out of stasis Alex, you should consider that you won't be at your highest mental capacity for some time. Try not to make poor decisions."
"Sure...let me just plan how I'm going to do this..."

What does Alex do?

A) Bathroom, canteen, armoury, command room.
B) Command room, Canteen, Armoury, Bathroom.
C) Armoury, Command room, Bathroom, Canteen.
D) Canteen, Bathroom, Armoury, Command room.
E) Other

I've figured it out! All Dimwitrolo interactives actually take place in the same universe! The secret is revealed!

Anyway, B seems reasonable. Command room to check on the ship, canteen to see if there is food to survive. If we find dangerous life-forms on the ship, going to the armory might early would be a good idea. Why would we need to use the bathroom after sleeping in a stasis chamber for a million years or whatever (or maybe it's been less time, unclear so far), that's silly.

I vote E)

Armoury, Canteen, Command, Bathroom

Logic:

Armoury - (To get something to protect self with.)

Canteen - (To get self functioning again.)

Command - (To get more information about the ship status and general environment.)

Bathroom - (Because you gotta do it at some point.)

... Also Alex is a perfectly fine name for a girl. I know several (Alexis, Alexa, and an Alexandra) that prefer Alex because it's short.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll say E.     Armoury, Command, Canteen, Bathroom.

First. Visit the armoury to arm ourselves. Just because the computer can only read one life sign doesn't mean there aren't hostiles aboard. They may not have life signs (robots etc), have tech that masks their life signs or are in areas where ships scanners aren't working, or could be alien life that the computer doesn't recognize as alive.

Second. Go to command to work out what does and doesn't work. Also determine where is safe or not to go for planning future trips around the ship.

Third. Go to the canteen, assuming it's safe, and stock up on food/drink. Preferably portable food/drink so we can eat/drink and travel.

Finally. Bathroom. Out of all the options it's the one that will not kill us if something goes wrong.

• 5 weeks later...