Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What's a fair price for a used Nintendo Switch?

I've recently decided to sell my Nintendo Switch along with a copy of Mario Kart 8 and I was wondering how much I should sell it for. The console itself is in nearly perfect condition with the exception of a tiny dent on one of the controllers. It's also worth noting that it will come with a case and its box.

Well you have to put everything into consideration, such as : is the game fully functional with no problems?

does the nintendo switch fully work and have no scratched or cracks?

what is the original price of a nintendo switch plus the cost of the game you got with it?

ik sites like ebay you would have to put : used, and put the details of the dent in the controller or show it in photos, but if everything else is pretty much good you could probably sell it for close to the same price you bought it for, but no more than that, unless you do a bidding because if people are desperate for one that works, the bids will go higher and higher and you may get more money for it then you thought, its all up to you how you decide to sell it

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2018 at 4:51 PM, Glass Joe said:

I've recently decided to sell my Nintendo Switch along with a copy of Mario Kart 8 and I was wondering how much I should sell it for. The console itself is in nearly perfect condition with the exception of a tiny dent on one of the controllers. It's also worth noting that it will come with a case and its box.

Y U SELL NINTENDO SWITCH?!

1 hour ago, Glass Joe said:

because once you finish Mario Odyssey and you have no interest in playing breath of the wild, it becomes a fancy brick.

I get the hyperbole, but aren't there many other switch games? Stardew Valley, Mario Kart, Dark Souls (I think), Hollow Knight (Well, coming soon anyway), Enter the Gungeon, etc.

41 minutes ago, S19YellowPengu said:

I get the hyperbole, but aren't there many other switch games? Stardew Valley, Mario Kart, Dark Souls (I think), Hollow Knight (Well, coming soon anyway), Enter the Gungeon, etc.

I prefer Mario Kart 64 to the switch version and most of the other switch games can be played on other consoles. In the end, I thought I would enjoy it a lot more than I did.

Edited by Glass Joe (see edit history)

*warning long boring opinion ahead*

TBH the Switch in general feels overhyped and in terms of games, under developed save for a few star titles.

Much like the PSP.  I feel like the Switch is the PSP of the current console generation.  The Switch has some nice hardware under the hood, some niche and quirky design choices and features (most notably the removable j-cons that dual purpose into two smaller cons), and some other fairly nice features like a touchscreen, SD card-esque cartridge design, internet connectivity, etc.  A big step up versus the awkward and bizarre Wii U that IMO was like the Sega Game Gear of the current console generation.

But the game selection feels lacking to me.  Mario Kart was okay, I'm not a Zelda fan, I haven't touched Smash Brothers since the Wii (which I returned because it was kinda odd compared to the N64 one I grew up with).  I saw some games that I thought would be cool....there was  Tohou Project game that was mediocre at best.  Snipper Clippers was cute for like...30 minutes and then became meh.  I dunno.  Now they're focusing on these weird cardboard projects that you can intergrate Switch components into the enjoy games.  Cool for anyone who likes it I guess.

But for me titles that I found interesting/enjoyable have been few and far between.  So far between that I figured I'd rather cut my losses and be done with the console.  Of course this is all opinion, but this feels like Deja Vu with the PSP.  The PSP was a fairly high end (at its time) console that took the power of what I would call a PS 1.5 and crammed it down into a handheld device.  There were some fun games, more titles than the Switch IMO, but some ports were awful and other games were just bad and the PSP could only render so much compared to say a PS2 since it was a handheld device and all.

I dunno.  I feel like the mobile phone has destroyed the concept of the handheld console market.  Personally the last "good" handheld system was probably the Nintendo DS, which ironically sort of overtook the PSP in handheld console competition, since they were both out around the same time.  And the DS series had a good run, evolving all the way up to the 3DS (XL?) before the end of its production run. 

Edited by PWG (see edit history)
7 minutes ago, PWG said:

TBH the Switch in general feels overhyped and in terms of games, under developed save for a few star titles.

Much like the PSP.  I feel like the Switch is the PSP of the current console generation. Also I like big butts.

The comparison to the PSP could not be more accurate, and to be honest, I got both of the consoles under very similar circumstances, I got a PSP exclusively to play corpse party games, much like I got the switch exclusively to play Mario Odyessy. The switch sounded so much cooler than it actually was, they advertised all of these cool features but in the end, most of them just weren't used well. 

Edited by Glass Joe (see edit history)
3 hours ago, PWG said:

*warning long boring opinion ahead*

Much like the PSP.  I feel like the Switch is the PSP of the current console generation.  The Switch has some nice hardware under the hood, some niche and quirky design choices and features (most notably the removable j-cons that dual purpose into two smaller cons), and some other fairly nice features like a touchscreen, SD card-esque cartridge design, internet connectivity, etc.  A big step up versus the awkward and bizarre Wii U that IMO was like the Sega Game Gear of the current console generation.

But the game selection feels lacking to me.  Mario Kart was okay, I'm not a Zelda fan, I haven't touched Smash Brothers since the Wii (which I returned because it was kinda odd compared to the N64 one I grew up with).  I saw some games that I thought would be cool....there was  Tohou Project game that was mediocre at best.  Snipper Clippers was cute for like...30 minutes and then became meh.  I dunno.  Now they're focusing on these weird cardboard projects that you can intergrate Switch components into the enjoy games.  Cool for anyone who likes it I guess.

But for me titles that I found interesting/enjoyable have been few and far between.  So far between that I figured I'd rather cut my losses and be done with the console.  Of course this is all opinion, but this feels like Deja Vu with the PSP.  The PSP was a fairly high end (at its time) console that took the power of what I would call a PS 1.5 and crammed it down into a handheld device.  There were some fun games, more titles than the Switch IMO, but some ports were awful and other games were just bad and the PSP could only render so much compared to say a PS2 since it was a handheld device and all.

I dunno.  I feel like the mobile phone has destroyed the concept of the handheld console market.  Personally the last "good" handheld system was probably the Nintendo DS, which ironically sort of overtook the PSP in handheld console competition, since they were both out around the same time.  And the DS series had a good run, evolving all the way up to the 3DS (XL?) before the end of its production run. 

The main problem with the PSP was that so many of its worthwhile titles were watered down versions of other games which had been previously released on the PS2 or PS1. Most PSP exclusive games just weren't that interesting (although I will say I got more entertainment out of the PSP than I did out of the switch.)

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/15/2018 at 5:28 PM, Gabby Jay said:

The main problem with the PSP was that so many of its worthwhile titles were watered down versions of other games which had been previously released on the PS2 or PS1. Most PSP exclusive games just weren't that interesting (although I will say I got more entertainment out of the PSP than I did out of the switch.)

I'd like to make a case for Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep which was released for PSP but could easily have been a main console game.