Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

"Wakingdreams" Part Two - The Interactive Text Adventure

You decide that you'll be able to hold it for a while more, so you take out your notebook and begin to study your economics notes. You study for a solid eleven minutes before you reach the page with this morning's "notes" and feel an undeniable urge to play Factorio. Within two minutes you're already lost in the game, fixing incorrectly-placed rail signals and demanding flamethrower ammo for your use against biters. Nukes are no fun for you in this game; it is a pleasure to burn. And burn you do, as you spend at least an hour clearing biter bases that are too far inside your factory's cloud of pollution. You lose three tanks and a car assaulting one biter base situated on gnarled cliffs, but there's no worry since your factory is capable of producing hundreds of tanks an hour. All the while your bladder is sending increasingly urgent messages to your brain that it is getting very full, but you ignore them. When you finally alt-tab to your desktop, you see that it's 21:49! Corbel must be out of class by now. I can't keep him waiting! You tell the other players that you need to leave and shut down the game, then pack up your laptop and notebook. You stand up and almost immediately double over as you finally get the memo: you need to pee, badly. You shove your left hand in your crotch and press your legs together tightly.

Inventory: Tools (Assorted), Empty Plastic Bottle (2), TI-84 (Holstered), Room Key (1), Rucksack (Equipped)
Bladder: 90%
Bowels: 10%
Sanity: 70%
Mood: Desperate
What do you do?
> Find the bathroom
> Return to your room

Okay, maybe the food choice was frivolous, but the rest are important decisions. I've already thrown out several scenarios, though if Wakingdreams takes on more than two parts, I might be able to write them.

After letting your body adjust to the standing position, the pressure feels slighty less and you're able to take your hand out. You really want to avoid making another mess in public, so you slink down the main stair as quickly as you can and burst out the main entrance to find that the thunderstorm has arrived. The wind plays with the cold rain, whipping it around in sheets and throwing it into your face. Lightning flashes and is almost immediately followed by that bone-shaking boom. Recalling that your rain jacket is still wrapped around your waist, you untie it and put it on the right way. You make sure to button it up to keep your calculator and tools dry. 

As you make your way back to your dormitory, you pass gutters noisily spattering their discharge onto the ground. The image, the noise, it's almost too much for you. You grab yourself again, with your right hand, squeezing, determined not to let a single stray drop out. You're bouncing around in desperation as you hop the puddle in front of the dormitory entrance. You unbutton your rain jacket to grab your key, and are about to unlock the door when you hear a splash behind you and someone clearing their throat.

"Excuthe me mithh, could you let me in?" Says a man's voice with a lisp.

You nearly pee yourself right there in surprise, but you manage to hold on. Lightning. Thunder. You carefully remove your hand from its iron grip, turn around and behold a short, grimy-looking man with hungry eyes, wearing rubber gloves and holding a filthy mop. He's getting drenched by the rain but it doesn't seem to be bothering him. You get another faceful of rain yourself as you dance side-to-side.

"I'm the new janitor, the old one, well, he wathn't cleaning up good so they fired him. But I haven't get my keeth yet, thee? Tho, could you pleeth be tho kind ath to let me in to clean?" He asks.

Something feels very wrong about this, besides your sloshing, heavy, warm, overpressurized bladder. 

Inventory: Tools (Assorted), Empty Plastic Bottle (2), TI-84 (Holstered), Room Key (Equipped), Rucksack (Equipped), Rain Slicker  (Equipped)
Bladder: 100%
Sanity: 50%
Mood: Bursting, Startled 
What do you do?
> Doubt
> Attack
> Let in
> Flee inside

CHOOSE WISELY.

"Can you wait out here for a few seconds while I tidy up?" It's the best idea you can come up with at the moment.

"Oh there'th no need, I'm jutht the janitor after all. I clean up methheth all the time, it'th what they hired me for. Now could you pleathe let me in, it'th really rainy out here." He smile insincerely.

Lightning. Thunder. Rain. Pee. The world has gone mad. You need to pee badly and you can't think. You turn towards the door and try to make your escape that way. Splash. Stomp. Stomp. He's right behind you. You need to pee. You feel your knapsack lifted and a sharp point press into your back.

"Ahh!" You let out a yelp. Right hand in your crotch, left hand holding the key. You're beginning to lose control. You quiver in fear as the first spurts of warmth fill your panties, and the next run down your legs. Your heart pounds in your ears, your pee pounds in your bladder. Danger. Terror. Hot. Cold. Rain. Knife. Flash. Boom.

"Open the door, b****, or I'll run you through, you s***!" He growls. His lisp was just an act.

Inventory: Tools (Assorted), Empty Plastic Bottle (2), TI-84 (Holstered), Room Key (Equipped), Rucksack (Equipped), Rain Slicker  (Equipped)
Bladder: 100%
Sanity: 30%
Mood: Mortal Fear
What do you do?
> Fight
> Flight
> Submission
> Distress

Now you must choose a path. I wanna hear some solid reasoning to count your vote. Lys is in mortal peril.

Damn, I knew this guy was going to be trouble...

So, I don't know if we have good enough of weaponry to fight back. Maybe if we jammed the room key into his eye, but I don't know how we could do that when he's got a knife to her back. Maybe his balls are vulnerable enough to kick and then we can stab him in the eye with the key or maybe get a hold of his knife?

I'm not sure how this will go down, but I say we fight. Escape seems impossible, submission sounds like a very bad idea, and the thunder is probably too loud to call for help. Hopefully the risk will be worth it.

Edited by Anubis (see edit history)
9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Damn, I knew this guy was going to be trouble...

So, I don't know if we have good enough of weaponry to fight back. Maybe if we jammed the room key into his eye, but I don't know how we could do that when he's got a knife to her back. Maybe his balls are vulnerable enough to kick and then we can stab him in the eye with the key or maybe get a hold of his knife?

I'm not sure how this will go down, but I say we fight. Escape seems impossible, submission sounds like a very bad idea, and the thunder is probably too loud to call for help. Hopefully the risk will be worth it.

I saw we act like we're letting him in.  Maybe try to distract him with some small talk.  Unlock the door with our key and then try slamming the door on.  While he's occupied with that bolt to somewhere safe.  We might want to invest in another holster for some pepper spray in the future so this doesn't happen again.  

2 hours ago, WaityKaty said:

Submission. In character; if we fight we probably get stabbed and there is no way we successfully get away right now. Don’t antagonise a maniac. 

Out of character; Nerq isn’t going to write a gruesome rape scene (hopefully!). He might have Lys get stabbed though.

Good points. Maybe submission is better then. If Nerq doesn't do a rape scene, then maybe, just maybe, it can work out somehow.

You see no other choice. You unlock the door and the man pushes you inside by the shoulder, almost causing you to trip over the threshold. Another leak. I'm gonna pee and then he'll kill me. You can't think at all. You're pushed against the wall of the hallway.

"Hands on the wall, b****." He mutters.

You obediently put your hands on the wall, dropping your key. No longer able to hold yourself, you dribble and spurt more by the second, twitching to try and hold back the flood. His hand wraps around the back of your head and he presses your face into the cold wall. He cuts both straps of your backpack, which falls to the floor with a heavy thud. The blade comes up to your throat. Your brain is screaming. He releases your head and you feel his hand wander down to your beltline. He grabs your belt and yanks downwards, but it stays put. He yanks repeatedy with a roar of frustration; your bladder cannot withstand the beating and hot urine cascades down your legs. Your darkened denim jeans dribble and drip between as they're drenched by the deluge inside. You start crying.

"Good girls don't piss their selfs." Your attacker taunts.

He reaches around your waist and tries to undo your belt with one hand, but after fumbling with it for a while he gives up. The knife retreats from your neck and you feel him sawing through your thick belt. All the while your bladder continues to empty into your soaked pants. He's cursing the belt's sturdy construction, but finally cuts through, then slices through the back of your jeans nicking you with the knife in the process. You hear him undo his belt. 

" 'Scuse me," Says a different voice.

"What the f***-" The man gives a grunt of pain and there's the unmistakable sound of a TI-84 hitting something hard. You turn to look. The man is falling over, and hits the floor hard. Someone else, wielding a calculator moves in on your attacker.

"You f****** piece of s***!" Screams the man. Still grasping his knife he lunges at the hooded figure approaching. 

You're frozen in fear, so you just watch as the unidentified person dodges the knife and brings the calculator across the nose of your assailant. 

The man falls down again, clutching a broken nose. The hooded figure jumps onto the man and strikes the man's face again, resulting in an ugly crunching sound.

"DON'T" Yells the hooded person.

He strikes again.

"YOU"

He swings again, catching the man's jaw.

"TOUCH"

The hood falls back. It looks like Corbel!

"LYS!!!" He delivers a powerful backhand smack to the now unconscious man. A few moments of silence later, he stands up and turns to you. "Lys, are you okay?"

Your bladder is empty now, your pants are wet and your socks are filled with pee, but you're alive.

"Oh god, your neck is bleeding!" Corbel exclaims. "We need to get you out of here." He reaches for a pouch on his belt, and draws out a pile of bandages.

Inventory: Tools (Assorted), TI-84 (Holstered), Rain Slicker  (Equipped)
Bladder: 0%
Sanity: 20%
Mood: Completely Confused, Shaken, Disoriented
Status: Adrenaline, Minor Knife Wound (Throat), Light Knife Wound (Left Buttock)
What do you do?
> Your room
> Outside
> Stay here
> Run away

Fight was actually the best choice (would have used your own calculator). Flight was the worst (would have killed Lys) and Distress was the second-worst (would have gotten Lys seriously stabbed and possibly a throwaway character killed).

Edited by NerqTheMighty
Forgot a ) (see edit history)

Lys's room actually isn't a lead-pipe cinch. Leaving the maniac rapist murderer unattended inside a dorm building isn't super responsible, even if he is currently unconscious. It's not strictly an option but I'd probably yell for help at this stage and start banging on doors. More people to call the cops, make sure lys's neck wound really isn't a big deal, keep at eye on psycho McGee, so on and so forth.