Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

1 minute ago, NerqTheMighty said:

I say 1) because we weren't tied down or restrained. Maybe the person at the door is Sydney herself. Play it cool if it's not her and act like you control the situation, or play dumb and talk your way out.

Thank you for your input! It will be interesting to see what other people choose.

Also, when you were first reading it, you might have noticed that the spacing between the paragraphs was off. I had to correct it and edit the text. It screws things up when I paste the text from Microsoft Word.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

3 (and I'm paying what I promised if option 5 won)

nah, you can choose the vote at random that's fine! i'm just pissed that it became the deciding vote is all...

Thank you for the comment! I am glad you are enjoying the story so far. *** Chapter 6 Aren’t You Glad You Have a Lawyer? 1 The fearful expression on your face causes O

Posted Images

Just now, Dealer said:

I vote for the option 3. We don't want to frighten our 'capturers', if there were any, with some bad behaviour, do we?

I know about rich text and stuff. So I like to live my life dangerously: I write in the thread comment section instead of some Word document! I know, I'm a badass, guys!

The only reason I don't write in the comment section is because I have written some very long posts in the past, only to have my internet connection go down and so when I click submit, it would tell me the page is not found and the text would be gone forever.

25 minutes ago, NerqTheMighty said:

Well, it looks like I've been out-voted. I totally didn't have to go back a page to remember what I picked.

We can wait and see until tomorrow if anyone else votes for 1, or even 2 (but that wouldn't be worth much now). If no one votes by tomorrow at the same time I posted this, then the vote can be decided. In the first post of this thread, I said I would wait 48 hours, but is it necessary?

1 hour ago, WaityKaty said:

Also. I dealt with the copy/paste formatting problems by doing my drafting in the "blogs" tab on my profile. That way you can save regularly without it posting and when you copy it over to the forum it doesn't get all messed up. Plus drafts get saved locally it you are a mess with filing like me. ?

I will have to try this. That is an excellent suggestion.

I have the second part of the first chapter ready and I hope you all enjoy it. Things start to get a little weird and the suspense has been cranked way up to full power. If you have any constructive criticism, please let me know and I am eager to see what sort of choices each of you make. :grin:

You look back at the door in front of you again. Well, if I just sit back down and act natural, whoever is out there won’t have a reason to be upset with me.

The unexpected guest taps on the door again, three times in rapid succession like before, and you quietly back up towards the bed. You take a seat on the mattress and let your hands come to a rest next to your thighs, hoping to look calmer than you actually feel. The nagging feeling in your bladder catches your attention again, but you ignore it for the time being, while you wait for your visitor to come inside.

After a brief moment of silence, the door opens into the room. When you see who is out there, you open your eyes wide in surprise. Holy crap!

Standing outside in the sunlight, you see a female police officer. She steps into the room and gives you a smile. Though you normally have an attraction to guys, you can’t help but notice how beautiful she is. She is slightly taller than you, with very short red hair, only a few centimeters in length, a handful of adorable freckles on her face, and a bosom that is barely noticeable beneath her uniform. Her outfit is pitch black and she wears a nametag over her right breast that says, “Miller” on it.

You feel a sense of hope as you check out her uniform. “Officer, I need help! My friend and I, I think we’ve been kidnapped, we-”

This is when you notice some unusual things about her outfit. You stop talking mid-sentence and furrow your brow, suddenly feeling uneasy once again. Over her left breast, just below her shoulder microphone, she has a small, grey, octagonal patch attached to her uniform, with a silver “I” at the center of it. Wrapped around her waist through her belt loops, is a chain link belt, with a padlock holding the ends together over the front of her pants.

“Kidnapped you say?” Officer Miller asks. “You sort of were, but it’s not what you might think. I know you’re probably scared right now, so that is why I am here to help you.”

Why is she so calm about this? You wonder. It’s like it’s just another day at the office to her.

“Um, why do you have that… belt on you?”

Officer Miller glances down at it and then looks back at you. “I’ll explain it in a bit. If you grab your clipboard over there and join me outside, I’ll fill you in on everything.”

You glance at the bed side table and grab your personal file. “Okay…”

Despite the cop’s friendly smile, something feels off about her. The way she is acting actually scares you. Your inability to remember where you are or how you got there does not help either.

Officer Miller turns away and steps back outside. You press the clipboard against your chest and slowly stand. You don’t like this. You don’t like this one bit.

Her uniform is just too weird! It isn’t right!

You take deep breaths in an effort to calm yourself. The last thing you want to do right now is let yourself panic. Doing so could put you and Sydney in more danger.

You cautiously follow her out into the mid-summer heat. You look around you, expecting to see a parking lot filled with cars, but you see no such thing. At every motel room door, you see a narrow, paved walkway leading from the building to the sidewalk by the road, about one hundred meters ahead of you. In between each of the paved walkways, there are large patches of grass with a single tree in the middle of each. Some are deciduous and the others are conifers. You can hear the birds chirping even louder now that you’re outside, but it does little to calm your nerves. If anything, the normalcy of the environment makes you feel even more uncomfortable.

Where’s all of the parking spaces? You wonder. Why are there no cars here?

“Your friend is probably awake by now,” Officer Miller says, turning towards you and interrupting your thoughts.

Your concern for Sydney quickly intensifies. Seeing this police officer with such abnormal attire is just too bizarre. Her friendly behavior and the lack of cars creeps you out so much, that you begin to worry about your friend’s safety even more.

“Where is Sydney?” you ask. “Do you know where she is?”

Officer Miller holds out her hand to receive the clipboard. “I’ll take you to her in a moment. First, we need to discuss some things.”

You hesitantly hand it over while trying to calm yourself again with your deep breathing technique. Unfortunately, the situation is confusing the hell out of you, so your attempt seems futile. There are a bunch of questions swirling around in your head right now, but deciding which one to ask seems like an impossible task.

Officer Miller glances down at your personal information and clears her throat. Her smile fades away as she looks back at you. “Okay, the first thing you probably want to know is where you are. You are in a town called Flowing Creek. You are here because the mayor brought you here.”

She pauses, giving you a moment to let the information sink in, but her attempt at an explanation only makes you more confused.

What do you mean ‘the mayor brought’ me here? You wonder.

Officer Miller finally continues, “The belt I am wearing is required to be worn by all citizens, at all times, including police. It is there to keep people from using the bathroom whenever they want to. We are only allowed to do it three times each day, which is the only time the belts can come off. I am your Disciplinary Enforcement Officer, so it is my job to make sure that you and Sydney, as newcomers, understand the laws, okay?”

You shake your head at her, but say nothing. The questions in your head are building and you are getting so incredibly confused that it is literally driving you insane.

“I know this must be confusing for you,” Officer Miller says.

That’s a hell of an understatement! You think.

“Zanthia, if you have any questions, I will answer them as well as I can. I want to make this as easy on you as possible.”

You have so many questions to ask, but are not sure which ones to choose. Which ones seem the most appropriate? You can choose up to three questions.

1)    Why did the mayor bring us here?

2)    Who is the mayor?

3)    Where is Flowing Creek located?

4)    Why are we only allowed to use the bathroom three times a day?

5)    Where is Sydney?

6)    Disciplinary wh-whaaat?!

I'm going to be a bit busy over the weekend so it might be a little while before getting to the third and final part of chapter 1. Hopefully this is enough to keep people interested for the time being.

Edited by Anubis
Added some info (see edit history)