Sign In

"Wakingdreams" - NerqTheMighty's Interactive Text Adventure

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is there a point to art divorced from social commentary?  Take some notes. 

> Focus on the class material.  Come on girl. You went to the trouble of going to class, might as well focus on it. 

I went through the trouble of going to class, might as well focus on it. You put on your mental blinders and make every effort to keep your attention from drifting. Three hours of droning monolog

"Uhh, yeah! I was just taking a walk anyhow. I could eat." Corbel says.

Your bladder is beginning to feel painfully full. "Hold up, Corbel. Can you just wait a moment? I wanna find a bathroom."

He's silent for a second or two, then looks away and says, "Sure. I'll wait here. Oh, and by the way, about this morning-"

"I don't wanna talk about it," you sternly cut him off.

"Okay sure nevermind then," he says hastily. 

You spare little time thinking about how odd he's acting; you are concentrating on not peeing yourself again. You dart inside the building and make a beeline for the women's lavatory. For once there's no line and you sweep right in. One stall is occupied, but the other contains the most indescribably horrid mess you've seen in years.

You're bouncing from one leg to the other now in desperation.

What do you do?
> Use the dirty one
> Wait for the other one
> Go somewhere else
> Use the sink

Is my dialogue natural enough? Are my attempts at humour overdoing it? Find out next week on "What Did I Just Write?"

"Ohhhhh dang it, nooooo!" you moan, clutching yourself now.

"Occupied! Sorry!" says a woman's voice from inside the stall.

"Yes, very." you hear a man's voice coming from the same stall.

"Holy heck, what the nether!" You stifle your own yelp of shock and leave that place at full speed. You charge up the stairs two at a time, nearly tripping at the top because it's an odd number of steps. "Darn it!" you shout, nearly losing control as you barge into the ladies room on that floor. It's unlit but unoccupied. You've started to leak into your underwear, you can barely hold it after nearly wiping out on the stairs. You come to a screeching halt in a stall, slam the door, lock it, throw down your bag and grab your belt-- 

It's stuck. Stuck!? Shoot, no! You go into panic mode.

"No!!!" your mouth chimes in sympathetically, as another spurt escapes into your undergarment, fully soaking it. A small wet spot forms on the front of your jeans, but it's not visible in the dark.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, noooooooo!!!" you scream, somewhere between fear and rage. I AM NOT GOING TO LET THIS HAPPEN You assert in your head, even as the warmth spreads and begins to dribble down your right leg.

With a final tug, you hear a thread snap and the belt finally comes loose.The various tools hanging from your belt clatter as your jeans chafe down your legs at lightning speed. You swivel around in the nick of time, slam down onto the toilet seat and release everything. It takes half a minute to empty yourself, and you feel immense relief the entire time. Finished, you feel around for the toilet paper, wipe yourself, dry your panties and redo your pants and belt in the dark. You reach out and flush the toilet. It's then that you notice the tears in your eyes. Were you crying tears of pain? Of embarrassment? You can't recall feeling anything but sweet relief. After washing your hands, you make sure you've not dropped any of your tools.

A minute later, you stroll out of the building contentedly. Corbel is standing exactly where you left him, in the middle of the walkway, even though other people are roughly shoving by him.

"Thanks for waiting." you say as you walk up to him. 

"You really needed to go, didn't you Lys?" he asks, maintaining a solid stare at the concrete floor.

"That's not really any of your business. But... yes." you reply reluctantly.

"You might want to cover up that wet spot, though." he adds.

Once again your face flushes in embarrassment. His peripheral vision is on par with yours.

What do you do?
> Ask for his jacket
> Ignore the wet spot
> Use your own rain jacket
> Run away

Personally, I've never walked in on such a situation before, but I seem to recall hearing that it happens a lot at places like stadiums and theatres.

"I can lend you this jacket, too." Corbel offers.

You are about to say yes when you remember that you carry your own light rain jacket in your rucksack. "No thanks, I can use my own rain jacket."

"Oh, you sure? I have an effectively infinite number of them anyway, heh." he says with an abortive laugh.

You sling your backpack around in front and deftly unzip a section, pull out the rain slicker, close the zipper and return the bag to its proper position. You tie it around your waist, making sure it hangs down in front to cover up.

"Shall we eat?" asks Corbel.

You look off into the distance and spot the billowing top of a cumulonimbus cloud, highlighted in the warm afternoon sun. Save for the birds twittering in the trees and a distant rumble of thunder, it's quiet. You feel a pleasant breeze on your face.

"Yeah."

~~~~~~~~~~

Roll credits!

I agree! Top shelf stuff.

Inter-actives are hard. I've tried a few different structures to work out what work and doesn't work, for me anyway.

I liked the in medias res start. I strongly recommend those in general. 

Did you plot out all possible choices before you started? Or just rolled with it? Either benefit from the limited scope you employed. Good choice. I was a bit ambitious with one longer story that got dramatically out of hand. 

One thing I'd personally like would be a slightly slower update schedule. Maybe no quicker than once every 48 hours? I'm not online all that often and it's disappointing to miss getting to weigh in on choices. But whatever, other people will say that quicker the updates the better. :)

I'm totally looking forward to your next story!

That cumulonimbus cloud sounds ominous. Could this be a sign that Lys could have more wettings in the future? Hopefully!

13 minutes ago, WaityKaty said:

One thing I'd personally like would be a slightly slower update schedule. Maybe no quicker than once every 48 hours? I'm not online all that often and it's disappointing to miss getting to weigh in on choices.

I agree with this also. I missed a couple of them because the next part was already posted when I came online and I'm online every day.

2 minutes ago, WaityKaty said:

I agree! Top shelf stuff.

Inter-actives are hard. I've tried a few different structures to work out what work and doesn't work, for me anyway.

I liked the in medias res start. I strongly recommend those in general. 

Did you plot out all possible choices before you started? Or just rolled with it? Either benefit from the limited scope you employed. Good choice. I was a bit ambitious with one longer story that got dramatically out of hand. 

One thing I'd personally like would be a slightly slower update schedule. Maybe no quicker than once every 48 hours? I'm not online all that often and it's disappointing to miss getting to weigh in on choices. But whatever, other people will say that quicker the updates the better. :)

I'm totally looking forward to your next story!

I only thought one or two steps ahead for a majority of the story, just making sure to get in those little details that maybe I appreciate too much. And heading in the direction of a wetting (though I made this into more of a just-made-it scenario in the end)

I was thinking of updating less frequently (everyone else takes longer, I guess I just applied my impatience constructively), but some of my sections felt way too short to leave people hanging for so long. If you'll let me be honest, I was waiting for your response in particular on a few choices, because you always give a portion of the logic behind your decision. I'm not sure if you noticed but I almost fully quoted one of your responses as Lys's internal monologue.

I shall start a new one soon.

14 minutes ago, NerqTheMighty said:

I only thought one or two steps ahead for a majority of the story, just making sure to get in those little details that maybe I appreciate too much. And heading in the direction of a wetting (though I made this into more of a just-made-it scenario in the end)

I was thinking of updating less frequently (everyone else takes longer, I guess I just applied my impatience constructively), but some of my sections felt way too short to leave people hanging for so long. If you'll let me be honest, I was waiting for your response in particular on a few choices, because you always give a portion of the logic behind your decision. I'm not sure if you noticed but I almost fully quoted one of your responses as Lys's internal monologue.

I shall start a new one soon.

It is so hard to properly foreshadow in inter-actives!

I take longer because I'm too busy to update quicker. ? I hear you on the short update guilt though. When I only post a 200 word update on a weekly schedule I really feel like I should have written more. But sometimes the next logical choice isn't very far down the road in respect to the plot.

I like to put my reasoning in when I post because I like it when people put reasoning in when they post in mine. It feels a bit more collaborative or whatever.

Whee! 

Ahh, make that "soon" a "possibly at some point if I still exist".

Life just threw a rather nasty serrated curveball, the primary personality is over in the corner crying in shock, my superior, a secondary, is asleep or comatose or something, so I'm the only one left to drive. This site is the only place I'm allowed to do anything so I'll just be here until something further develops. Hope you've enjoyed what I've made so far but I gotta help with repairs eventually.

Oh no. I defo want to play with the options!

My thinking is;

Don't play with speed. The speed is good.

Toggle Stats to on. I like to know what's under the hood.

Maybe mess with magic or realism? I don't know. It could be amazing.

Other Options? Can't hurt to look!

If we are just picking one then I'd like to;

> Show Stats

Also. I love this. I'm probably going to steal this idea one day.

@WaityKaty,pick as many as you want for this. Max magic varies inversely with max realism, by the way.  I recommend against significantly lowering realism though. The content creation engine that this whole thing runs on (my brain) isn't the most powerful. I make this all up on the spot so that nobody can ever find drafts or stuff like that to easily pin me to this site. Also as a challenge to myself.